MCD

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

2,573 posts in this topic

Scarface - 7/9

I had only seen it once before and wasn't sure how it would hold up. but still pretty good all these years later. 

now, if you really wanna see something,  watch Cobra Kai.  its a series on YouTube that picks up Karate Kid, 35 years later. 

Winchester - 3/10 terrible. It was extremely tame. Tame enough that my nine year old enjoyed it. It played out as if someone wrote the script in a couple of hours and then they called some of their friends in LA and threw it together in two weeks.

Hostiles - 5/10 It had so much potential. They really could have made this awesome; it just never hit it's apex.

Terminal 9/10 pretty dang good assassin suspense movie..oh and Margot Robbie with her sexy ass.

Captain Blood. 8/10

solid Black &Wjite swashbuckling Flynn story. Poor dialogue punctuated by solid comedy 

17 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Captain Blood. 8/10

solid Black &Wjite swashbuckling Flynn story. Poor dialogue punctuated by solid comedy 

I watched it the other day.  Pretty good for an old movie.

I Feel Pretty - 1/10

Thought Amy Schumer would be her funny, raunchy self.  Nope

36 minutes ago, razorhead said:

I Feel Pretty - 1/10

Watched her on snl last weekend,was not impressed...

9 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

Watched her on snl last weekend,was not impressed...

I pray her and Seth rogen go to mars so I don’t have to

Edited by bbqit

On 9/29/2017 at 7:54 AM, TheRealBrave said:

I'm a fan of slower, suspenseful sort of horror movies as well and I still thought "It Comes at Night" sucked my ass. (For instance, I think Rosemary's Baby is probably the best horror film...)

I knew the man that wrote that book a long time ago...Rosemary's baby

He once told me a story of his mom who had be in vaudeville in her day so she stayed in a nursing home for actors guild......he said at one time she had not spoke one word in three years but he went to visit her 9ne time and they were all watching a movie one "movie nite" at the nursing home.....she spoke the first words in three years, they were " fuck Edward G Robinson "

Finest Hours

5/10

have to deal with bad Massachusetts accents and it seemed like there were bigger budgets for scenes with Casey Affleck than the rest of the movie. 

Deadpool 2 - 8/10 It was pretty good for a #2. Ryan R. had all his usual dry smartass comments as the first movie.

Avengers Infinity Wars - 8/10 I've enjoyed almost all these movies 

ANON - 8/10 Netflix original that isn't half bad. Crazy to think technology will more than likely get us like that.

10 x 10 - 6.5/10 It's ok I would definitely wait til it's on HBO or something and not rent.

Solo 8/10

This was the closest to a Star Wars movie I have seen since Return of the Jedi. It had everything you want even if it was a bit forced at times. The social justice warrior was kept to a minimum and left tons of room for books (assuming the liberals at Disney don't ruin them). It deviates from and simultaneously holds to the books of the Expanded Universe by using subtle changes that fit. A name change here a setting but not situation there type stuff. This one was done for the Star Wars fans in a way that made sense. 

No female lead, no big deal made of race or gender, and minimal outcry against conservative government is why the critics didn't like it.

American Made - 7.5/10

I liked it. I know Tom Cruise is used up but he did a great job. It's based on a true story and I thought the late 70's to mid 80's vibe worked in the movie. This is a good one to watch on a Friday or Saturday night.

How can you screw up cocaine, sex, and money?

McQ - 5

was just okay, but I liked it.  I didnt realize John Wayne ever drove anything but a horse. 

I Feel Pretty  8/10  Alot of people don't care much for her but this movie had some good laughs at points you almost feel sorry for her.

Frat Pack 5/10 About what you would expect from a movie by that name I didn't pick it out.

Life of the Party 6/10 Not as funny as some of her earlier movies 

Joel 6/10 Supposedly the story of Joel Rankin serial killer from New York in the early 90's and thats about all it is. Better than a documentary but nothing scary or thrilling 

Billy Boy 6/10 Troubled teens life goes to crap

Shifting Gears 6/10 Yeee doggie somebody done made a movie about dirt track racing...not really has more of that Disney feel good story to it.

Gringo 5/10 Its basically a docu about what a dickhead the creator of McAfee virus software was. Sick too he paid young girls not to have sex with him but to shit in his mouth!

Deadpool 2.     7/10

Godless - 9/10

its a seven episode miniseries western on netflix.  very well done. 

Health inspector

-1 out of 10

gave bonus points for a restaurant being written up for Richard Gere effect. Said place had too many rats entering the establishment. 

On 5/19/2018 at 10:41 PM, razorhead said:

I Feel Pretty - 1/10

She was Simi hot about 6 years ago. Now she's fat and annoying. 

Was watching some movie I will finish later with the rock in it. At the beginning of the movie he whips a nfl defensive line and their middle linebacker. I’m not so sure chuck Norris would have tried it. Then he met some forest midgets. They kicked his ass. I’m telling y’all, watch out for midgets

Outsiders - 7/7

the all star cast assembled in that movie is wild.

Only the Brave

10/10

yall should definitely watch this.  bout the wildfire fighters in Arizona.