• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gogators503

Doug Gottlieb: "Florida didn't beat anybody in the non-conference"

25 posts in this topic

Want to rethink that, Doug?

Florida has 2 OOC wins against the RPI top 25 (Xavier and Kansas State).

Comparable 2 seeds:

San Diego State: 0 wins OOC against the RPI top 25

North Carolina: 1 win OOC against the RPI top 25 (Kentucky- who Florida played in conference)

Notre Dame: 1 win OOC against the RPI top 25 (Wisconsin)

So bash us all you want, but don't go after the whole "well they beat no one and the SEC sucked" argument. Fact is, we beat as many top 25 RPI teams OOC as the other 3 2 seeds combined.

No offense to you guys, but the ONLY team that deserves to be a 2 seed that is one is Notre Dame.

Damn.....I'm not even gonna sleep tonight I'm so pissed off right now.

No offense to you guys, but the ONLY team that deserves to be a 2 seed that is one is Notre Dame.

I'm not going to disagree, it's your opinion. I just hate Gottlieb bashing us as a 2 for some completely unfounded and untrue reason. If you want to go after us losing to UK 2/3 or losing to 3 sub-100 teams, fine. But don't make a baseless and unfounded attack.

Truth be told there's not a lot of difference between all of the 2-4 seeds. As much as I hate Dook they deserve the #1 seed. However, once again, they are rewarded w/the absolute weakest region, just like last year. They give them this crap on a silver platter every damn year. Ohio State is supposed to be the #1 overall seed, and yet, they have the likes of us, North Carolina, and Syracuse to look forward too. Buckeye fans should be pissed too....if we play like we did through the SEC tournament against them, they won't beat us. If we play like timid children like we did in T-town and Oxford, they will prison rape us.

How Ohio State got that draw is beyond me. We got an easier road to Houston than Ohio State did while Duke's road is laughable.

They screwed the #1 overall seed again....just like last year. The media let it slide last year...but after watching the post-"game" shows, it's clear something is going to be done about this. Kentucky fans are already mass e-mailing Gene Smith

ND won't make it to the Sweet 16.

They screwed the #1 overall seed again....just like last year. The media let it slide last year...but after watching the post-"game" shows, it's clear something is going to be done about this. Kentucky fans are already mass e-mailing Gene Smith

Kentucky fans mass email like champs.

Kentucky fans mass email like champs.

You watch the Kentucky-Mississippi State game w/the "skycam" earlier this season?

It was gone by halftime.

You watch the Kentucky-Mississippi State game w/the "skycam" earlier this season?

It was gone by halftime.

That I did. I also frequently read Catspause.com.

It was gone by halftime.

The "skycam" was awful

I know I get a laugh out of TCP on a daily basis. I can only imagine what it's like from an outsider's perspective.

If there's a crazier Rivals board in the nation....I haven't found it.

I know I get a laugh out of TCP on a daily basis. I can only imagine what it's like from an outsider's perspective.

If there's a crazier Rivals board in the nation....I haven't found it.

I read it before I read ours. The laughs are non-stop.

It's a madhouse over there right now. I can be one of the nutjobs from time to time, but I'm at least aware of it. Many of those fools aren't. Serious ragging on the Gators right now. I tried to explain that BYU is who we should be pissed off at, but it's hard to argue w/the logic that if one of UK or UF was going to get the 2 seed....it should have been us.

I just don't see it as Florida taking the 2 seed from us like many of them do. Ya'll got handed a gift. We just got screwed out of our deserved 3 seed....and I mean royally. They really effed us on this one. Carolina and Syracuse don't scare me....but we're going to have to get through Ohio State to play them.

It's a madhouse over there right now. I can be one of the nutjobs from time to time, but I'm at least aware of it. Many of those fools aren't. Serious ragging on the Gators right now. I tried to explain that BYU is who we should be pissed off at, but it's hard to argue w/the logic that if one of UK or UF was going to get the 2 seed....it should have been us.

I just don't see it as Florida taking the 2 seed from us like many of them do. Ya'll got handed a gift. We just got screwed out of our deserved 3 seed....and I mean royally. They really effed us on this one. Carolina and Syracuse don't scare me....but we're going to have to get through Ohio State to play them.

I love me some Catspause. I went over there right when the bracket was announced and it was non-stop ROTFLOL. But I agree entirely with you- the anger should be directed at BYU, not us.

A lot of our fans don't know the meaning of the word level headed, myself included. I think I'm better than most though (though don't get me wrong, I'm a blatant UK homer).....we have a lot of JimBobBillyJoe's from Podunkville unfortunately. So do the rest of you, but you don't hear from them until football season. Since we care about both sports, we hear from them year 'round.

You'll love this:

Doug Gottlieb (GottliebShow) on Twitter

I realize our fans can be crazy- but we're only football crazy. Our basketball fans care (greatly) but our fans are knowledgeable (for the most part) and level headed.

Gottlieb's such a douche. How about @ Xavier and vs. Kansas State at a neutral court, Doug?

I'm no fan of his either. He comes off as a pretentious, pompous, know it all who really doesn't know crap. Really, w/the exception of Jay Bilas, they all seem like they're grasping at straws at one time or another.

Give me Herbstreit for football and Bilas for basketball. Just one men shows and I'd be content for life.

I read it before I read ours. The laughs are non-stop.
The friggin CatsPause is an embarrassment, the 17 yr. old kool-aid drinking morons gather there to see who is going to make the first assinine thread of the day......it just goes downhill from there. The few sane UK fans get railroaded off the board for speaking the truth......the ones that don't drink the blue kool-aid, I consistently inform the clowns on there of how ignorant they are. It's a wonder that I've not been banned lol.

Friggin NCAA also cornholed Bama by leaving them out........no way anyone can tell me that several teams that got in were better than the Tide....just ain't no way. The NCAA has a vendetta against the SEC...yes, I believe that.

The friggin CatsPause is an embarrassment, the 17 yr. old kool-aid drinking morons gather there to see who is going to make the first assinine thread of the day......it just goes downhill from there. The few sane UK fans get railroaded off the board for speaking the truth......the ones that don't drink the blue kool-aid, I consistently inform the clowns on there of how ignorant they are. It's a wonder that I've not been banned lol.

Hahahahaha! I'm sure you guys know this- but most rival fans read that board just for the laughs. It really is the most embarrassing of all rivals.com boards.

You do the smart thing and stick to the Lair. I'm not as wise unfortunately. I've made my share of jackass posts over there, and Lord knows over here.

We're well aware of opposite fans clowning on our board. CatsPause is notorious for it's insanity. There isn't a board out there that tops it. Not one.

I forget who said it, but we probably are the most overseeded team in the tournament.

I don't care, I'll take a 2 seed in the easiest bracket any day!

But yes, that comment about the nonconference really pissed me off.

We have wins @ Xavier, @ Florida State, and on a neutral court against Kansas State.

Gottlieb is just whiny because he didn't predict anything right.

Also, out of teams seeded 3 or better, Florida has the best winning percentage against other tournament bound teams.

Go Gators!

I'm no fan of his either. He comes off as a pretentious, pompous, know it all who really doesn't know crap. Really, w/the exception of Jay Bilas, they all seem like they're grasping at straws at one time or another.

A funny story Kevin Frazier told about Gottlieb once:

Gottlieb apparently would run things at the Bristol YMCA. He was the superstar there. One day, Frazier talked then-ESPN analyst Greg Anthony into coming out and playing.

Gottlieb and his boys were talking all kinds of smack to Anthony before the game started. On the first play Gottlieb hit a mid-range jumper and everyone went crazy. They were all telling Anthony how he was gonna get lit up.

Frazier said he saw something in Anthony's eyes that showed something just clicked in his head. Anyway, Anthony went on to put on a clinic on how to play basketball. He hit Gottlieb with every technical move imaginable. He posted him up, crossed him over, took him to the hole, hit the 3, hit the mid-range shot, pump-faked for a foul. Everything.

On defense he completely shut Gottlieb down. Frazier said it was like aminor miracle if Gottlieb was able ti get the ball past half court. Anthony was stealing, blocking, trapping, rebounding, and basically doing anything possible on D.

In other words, he shut Gottlieb's punk ass up!

Just thought ya'll would enjoy that little tale...