• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herschel Talker

Vince Dooley on Herschel vs. Cam

31 posts in this topic

As much as I despise Newton for his character flaws, he is a ridiculously talented player. He would probably succeed at any position you play him as.

As much as I despise Newton for his character flaws, he is a ridiculously talented player. He would probably succeed at any position you play him as.

I respectfully disagree.

punter, kicker, center, LG, RG, LT, RT, DT

I'd put Bo and Cam as the top two players in the nation.

Gross!

Cam's pretty good, but I don't think that he's that good. It's only been one year. For all time sake, I'd have to see him play two seasons at this level at least.

Cam is a great player, who plays at an elite level(as he's shown all season), and quite possibly may be one of the greatest, however I agree with SEC or Bust, to place him at the top would require him maintaining that level for more than one season.

Gee, what do those two people have in common? If I could just put my finger on it.

Bo is one of the greatest college football players ever.

Newton has played 13 games and had a great season. But to be considered one of the greatest players, ever much less one of the greatest two, you must play more than 14 games in a career.

Cam is a great player, who plays at an elite level(as he's shown all season), and quite possibly may be one of the greatest, however I agree with SEC or Bust, to place him at the top would require him maintaining that level for more than one season.

Just because your post is above mine and we posted at the same time doesn't mean your's is better than mine. :lick:

Another season facing Cam Newton before you're convinced?

The brightest spot of this season is just knowing that Newton will be playing in the NFL in 2011 and NOT in the SEC.

Gross!

Cam's pretty good, but I don't think that he's that good. It's only been one year. For all time sake, I'd have to see him play two seasons at this level at least.

Barry Sanders deserves a mention. In '88 he rushed for 2,628 yards and 37 touchdowns, averaging nearly 8 ypc.

I respectfully disagree.

punter, kicker, center, LG, RG, LT, RT, DT

Cam has already successfully punted this year and his brother plays o-line in the NFL so it's definitely in his blood. He's already 6'5 255 so with about 50 more pounds he could easily do it and be more athletic than most (all?) linemen

Another season facing Cam Newton before you're convinced?

The brightest spot of this season is just knowing that Newton will be playing in the NFL in 2011 and NOT in the SEC.

Yes did I stu, stu, studer? It is not all Cam. The guy is a great athlete, but he has a talented supporting cast that is experienced and includes an OC that uses his talents to the utmost. If Cam returns next year his season will be a big let down. He will still be a good player, but he's not the best QB nor the best runner and he won't be able to do it all by himself. He may be the best running QB, but I'd like to see another season to make that call.

Cam's better than Bo and Herschel for this reason. Bo and Herschel touched the ball AT MAX 45 times a game. Cam touches it every play and he's been unstoppable.

Cam's better than Bo and Herschel for this reason. Bo and Herschel touched the ball AT MAX 45 times a game. Cam touches it every play and he's been unstoppable.

*Accidental high five

I don't understand how more touches makes him better. In the link, Dooley even stated that he thought Herschel could put up the same kind of production if he touched the ball every play. How does his position and the offensive scheme make him an inherently better player?

*Accidental high five

I don't understand how more touches makes him better. In the link, Dooley even stated that he thought Herschel could put up the same kind of production if he touched the ball every play. How does his position and the offensive scheme make him an inherently better player?

Because the pressure is on him every play. He can also throw just as well as he can run and he can run just as well as Bo or Herschel.

Because the pressure is on him every play. He can also throw just as well as he can run and he can run just as well as Bo or Herschel.

Did you type this with a straight face? Seriously?

WHOA THERE SKIPPY

Cam is a great QB. there are great QBs every year

Bo is arguably the most freakishly gifted athlete of ALL TIME

Cam is a great QB. there are great QBs every year

Bo is arguably the most freakishly gifted athlete of ALL TIME

I've asked people that went to Auburn when Bo was there and they say Cam is better. That's really all I have to go on.

I can't remember what the hell I was on when I typed that.

I've asked people that went to Auburn when Bo was there and they say Cam is better. That's really all I have to go on.

fair enough. maybe it's just my nostalgia talking. Bo was just astonishing when i was a kid.

in any case, they're both great and Auburn is lucky

fair enough. maybe it's just my nostalgia talking. Bo was just astonishing when i was a kid.

in any case, they're both great and Auburn is lucky

What seals it for me, is the way Cam took over games when we were trailing. He has Michael Jordan's cajones.

What seals it for me, is the way Cam took over games when we were trailing. He has Michael Jordan's cajones.

i can't deny that. that Iron Bowl comeback was bananas

i can't deny that. that Iron Bowl comeback was bananas

The way he absolutely turned it on after Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia took their biggest leads was insane.