• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ralliartist

The Chicken Curse

23 posts in this topic

The Chicken Curse: I am hereby proclaiming the Chicken Curse as being officially dead, six feet under, tucked away eternally in some morgue, never to return. It was a dark, powerful force in the realm of South Carolina athletics for longer than anybody cares to remember in that state. We’re talking inexplicable losses, one mediocre season after another, coaches coming and going and generally more heartbreak than one fan base should have to endure. But with the baseball team winning the national championship in June and the football team going to its first SEC championship game in history, that dreaded curse has been purged forever. May it burn in you know where.

Hot and Not in the SEC: Week 12 - SEC Blog - ESPN

I'll be sure to bump this when we lose out

So optimistic...

A NC in baseball and a SECCG appearance in football, pretty damn good year to be a Cock.

A NC in baseball and a SECCG appearance in football, pretty damn good year to be a Cock.

And who knows, we could even win the SEC Championship. At least now we are in the game, the rest will be up to the team.

I'd love to think the curse is dead, however, it may take beating Auburn in the SECCG(damn it feels good to type that! lol) to fully 100% convince me that it truly is.

Of course before we start talking AU, we still need the Cocks to beat the brakes off of Troy and cLIMPson, keep that positive momentum going heading into December.

I smell taters.

Come'on bro, "taters"? You sound like a giant D-bag when you say stuff like that. The whole coots/taters thing should embarass both fanbases.

^Now you are exposed as a tater

I never did believe in the 'chicken curse'. I think it should be called 'we sucked', but that is PAST TENSE!

Come'on bro, "taters"? You sound like a giant D-bag when you say stuff like that. The whole coots/taters thing should embarass both fanbases.

Shouldn't you be on an ACC site?

When you're 5-5 and staring at the Meineke Car Care Bowl at best, I guess you have nothing better to do than impersonate a Carolina fan to try and bring us down.

speaking of d-bag, do you realize what you sound like when you come into a thread that is meant to throw off the "chicken curse" and you make a post that essentially claims the curse is still alive?

only d-bags believe in something as ridiculous as a "curse"

you are an embarrassment to our fanbase...assuming you're actually a gamecock fan, which judging from your posts- is in serious doubt.

I heard a chicken crow this morning. Dam strange kind of crow too. I don't know how those two mated to get that.

What curse??

University of South Carolina men's soccer team won USA division Championship Sunday. They are now the number 7th seed in the nation in the National Tournament.

What curse??

University of South Carolina men's soccer team won USA division Championship Sunday. They are now the number 7th seed in the nation in the National Tournament.

Yep, pretty awesome. We'll be hosting either Duke or Coastal Carolina in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney this weekend.

While the Lady Gamecocks have already been eliminated in the 2nd round, it was announced today they had the highest attendance in the SEC and 6th highest in the nation this season.

Even swimming and diving were back in the top 25 this season. I think volleyball and softball are really the only teams in the entire dept who really struggled.

I think Eric Hyman is walking around Columbia nowadays mentally giving all his doubters the finger.

Soccer! Whoooo!

*gets left hanging on a high five*

i'd high five you for soccer, but i bet you'd pull a 'SIKE' on me

Yep, pretty awesome. We'll be hosting either Duke or Coastal Carolina in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney this weekend.

its still college sports. its always exciting for your school to win. im assuming Duke gets past Coastal, but no matter, we are 3-1 against the ACC in footy this year.

I reckon we can say the Chicken Curse is dead as well. ;)

boooooo!

Hey the sun shines on every "Cats" ass, sometimes.

10 -1 vs Kentucky since 1999 ;)

The Chicken Curse has been dead ....... It's the presence of crappy football that was alive and well.....