Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluelightstar

Mississippi State Recruiting Thread

4,451 posts in this topic

Correct for both of you. He was successful with JUCOs until he relied too heavily on them in a couple of classes and they shat the bed.

Also, I do not like signing any safety named Zach ever again. I already hate this kid.

From what I've read this Zach well Zachery is the readl deal!!!! The Nothern school is after him pretty hard with the word being he has NFL potential.

im not sure, but when we signed him, there was the notion going around that he might be a guy that has to go to JUCO and never make it to campus...i hope thats wrong though cause his size definitely intrigues me...but that leads to another question, anybody know who is on the fence from this past class??...carr is on track on and honestly, if there is a freshman who i think will make an impact next year for us, its him...

speaking of TE, BDJ talked to TE coach scott sallach and said green made the most progress this offseason...but then went on to say brandon henderson has the best hands on the team, let alone the TE group, and said "even brandon doesnt know how good he could actually be"....henderson had a pretty good spring game so im interested to see what he does this year with it being his last year...i wonder whats been holding him back??...

and QB's, i could see broderick hall committing to us but then again there are others too...some of the other ones im curious about off the top of my head: dominque harris, the kid from brookhaven, maikhail miller, younger phillips brother(real shot at him?), & frazier...

what happend to makhail miller??...i thought he was supposed to be a pretty good prospect and liked state??...and i know OM offered him already...the absolute best case dream scenario would be landing frazier...im sure its a pipe dream but i remember his dad had very flattering words about mullen and said they were going to visit...but back to reality, what about a JUCO QB?...i dont know of any off the top of my head...what ever happened to that Boston college transfer guy who was looking at us??...and wasnt there some texas JUCO guy we have looked at??...

all ive heard about jackson is just that he is a gifted athlete and could play multiple positions...

..i wonder whats been holding him back??...

Probably our passing game.

At QB, we have a great shot with Harris from everything I understand. Not sure why Miller hasn't been offered honestly...I guess Mullen wants to evaluate him in camp first.

well it cant be only the passing game considering he is older than green but not starting...oh well...

You do have a point. I've heard Donte Moncrief is favoring Alabama

Scout has released some new player rankings, so I'll share for our commits:

1. CJ Johnson - 4*

2. Jermaine Whitehead - 3*

3. Nick Redmond - 3*

4. Zachary Jackson - 3*

5. Devante Scott - 3*

Pretty solid class so far.

Either Whitehead or Redmond or both should be 4*s.

Yeah, from what I understand, Redmond and Whitehead both have extreme potential to get moved up if they have good senior seasons.

For what it's worth, Whitehead is on the ESPN 150 watch list. I heard that USC and Texas were about to offer him a scholly just before he verbally committed. Everyone says he's the real deal and I think Rivals will have him as a 4 star when they come out with their ratings. Either way the offer sheets never lie!

as an update for the '10 class, asian ruff retook some type of algebra exam that was originally misgraded and he is msu bound after retaking the test. sounds a little fishy to me, but he is headed to starkville. was it always a grade problem with him or was it a lack of effort? i always heard it was the latter as to why he didnt get better looks as far as offers, but he is now a bulldog apparently from what my wifes aunt says (i think she is a teacher at his school or something like that).

i thought ruff was walking on??...is that what you are talking about shamoan??...i heard he has the talent but got lazy when he first started getting looked at by colleges...so i guess we'll see what happens...

but this upcoming class is off to a pretty good start...we just need to build on it and keep the ones we have...

i thought ruff was walking on??...is that what you are talking about shamoan??...i heard he has the talent but got lazy when he first started getting looked at by colleges...so i guess we'll see what happens...

but this upcoming class is off to a pretty good start...we just need to build on it and keep the ones we have...

I thought he was eligible and was suppose to sign with Arkansas but after signing day decided to walk-on with us. He's 'ok'... I'll believe the hype when I see it.

im not sure, but when we signed him, there was the notion going around that he might be a guy that has to go to JUCO and never make it to campus...i hope thats wrong though cause his size definitely intrigues me...but that leads to another question, anybody know who is on the fence from this past class??...carr is on track on and honestly, if there is a freshman who i think will make an impact next year for us, its him...

speaking of TE, BDJ talked to TE coach scott sallach and said green made the most progress this offseason...but then went on to say brandon henderson has the best hands on the team, let alone the TE group, and said "even brandon doesnt know how good he could actually be"....henderson had a pretty good spring game so im interested to see what he does this year with it being his last year...i wonder whats been holding him back??...

and QB's, i could see broderick hall committing to us but then again there are others too...some of the other ones im curious about off the top of my head: dominque harris, the kid from brookhaven, maikhail miller, younger phillips brother(real shot at him?), & frazier...

what happend to makhail miller??...i thought he was supposed to be a pretty good prospect and liked state??...and i know OM offered him already...the absolute best case dream scenario would be landing frazier...im sure its a pipe dream but i remember his dad had very flattering words about mullen and said they were going to visit...but back to reality, what about a JUCO QB?...i dont know of any off the top of my head...what ever happened to that Boston college transfer guy who was looking at us??...and wasnt there some texas JUCO guy we have looked at??...

In his scout photo, he is wearing an Ole Miss shirt. That doesn't really bode well.

Well, I don't know if Mullen really likes him, considering we haven't even offered him. He likely gets an offer at camp though.

well if he goes to OM so be it, my real question was just that i had heard he would be an elite QB in the state of MS and that we had a good shot at him but yet we hadnt offered and OM had but we'll see what happens...

Here's what I know about the Asian Ruff story. We offered him last year but Mullen pulled it off the table. It was said that his academics were in terrible shape and that it was no way he would qualify(don't know how true that is). Also his work ethic was questionable but the talent was there. He signed with ICC on signing day but came back a week or two later saying that he didn't want to play JUCO. So then, he and his Mom set up a meeting with Mullen and Mullen talks him into walking-on and maybe earning a scholly later. We get a guy with talent that just needs a fire lit under him to improve his work ethic and we did't waste a scholly on a guy that has questionable drive and determination. Win,win situation IMO. He gets a chance to prove himself. If paying that expensive tuition and room/board for a year doesn't get him fired up, nothing will :rolleyes:

Sounds similar to what I heard. The story I was getting was that he waited too long to commit and his scholarship got snatched up by someone else in this past class.

yeah, im pretty sure he is going to walk-on, but based off what the in-law said through a text, he wasnt even eligible to attend based off his previous math scores. it doesnt bode well for him that at one point he was a blip on our radar then dropped off to 0, but apparently now he meets minimum admittance requirements.

I know shamoan is thrilled to have Asian Ruff, especially with Mike Hunt not living up to the hype.

From what I'm hearing, right now, our #1 QB target is Rivers. Broderick Hall is not really high on Mullen's list - which is actually the reason he hasn't committed. Michael Johnson is still going to try and earn an offer at camp, but some of the coaches think he can't cut it as a QB in the SEC and he's not athletic enough to play anything else.

At any rate, I think our Top 3 include Rivers, Dak Prescott, and maybe Mikhail Miller. Mullen though is extremely high on Rivers, but it's going to be a tough battle to get him.

i dont see us landing rivers but thats just me...who is dak prescott and michael johnson??

I think Rivers is a possibility. We've got the coaching staff that can attract a big time QB recruit, it's just a matter of time and a matter of getting one that will take the bait on what we have to offer. If we have a 6 (7 including a bowl win) to 8 win season and the crowd is just as electric or more than last year when he comes to visit we could get him.

What are Rivers' stats? They say his dad is a State grad. So, we'll see if that has anything to do with anything.

• zartan
      there seems to be a lot of bad will going around on this site lately     i like it
    • L.A.Hog
      ya'll got one going..
    • dawgbit
      Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...   I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another. For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall. Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.
    • cocky4ever
      Been way too long but we finally got a 5* commitment. Obviously a long way to go but hopefully we can hold on to him. This class really could end up being something special. https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/five-star-defensive-end-zacch-pickens-commits-to-gamecocks   The state's top overall prospect decided not to wait. Originally planning to make his decision towards the end of his senior season, Anderson (S.C.) T.L. Hanna class of 2019 five-star defensive end  Zacch Pickens  committed to South Carolina Friday, according to sources at his spring game.   It was a team recruiting effort from the Gamecocks as head coach Will Muschamp, defensive line coach Lance Thompson, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler all had a strong role in landing the nation's No. 16 overall prospect. Pickens was last on South Carolina's campus earlier this spring for a cookout event. Pickens, considered the No. 3 strongside defensive end in the country by Rivals, chooses South Carolina over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and West Forest.  It was believed throughout the process that Clemson and Georgia were the two other top contenders. Pickens is the 12th commitment to Carolina's 2019 class.       This commitment bumps us up to #8 for the time being.      
    • cocky4ever
      Go back and read the article and it’s obvious. McCain can summon congress to work on a bipartisan healthcare bill? How long has he had to work on it? And what did he do, cast his vote to spit in the face of the bill he and republicans had all that time to work on. He can pass tax reform to create jobs? That’s already been done. He can continue his leadership on immigration reform and global warming? Just lol. Just admit that McCain spoke out against Trump on some issues so now he’s a hero to you when you wouldn’t have given him a second thought otherwise. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      nova
      nova
    4. 4
      bbqit