Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluelightstar

Mississippi State Recruiting Thread

4,451 posts in this topic

I'm waiting to see if Tanner Roberson gets and offer from us, he played at my high school with Johnathan Banks. Most area coaches called Tanner a better all around football player than Banks. Coming out of high school his only D-I offer was from Army but was told he could walk on by Coach Mullen, while he and Coach Reed Stringer were at the school visiting with Banks right after Coach Mullen's hire. He ended up going to Holmes Community College for the immediate PT. He is athletic, a very intelligent player on and off the field, and he is in the weight room every chance possible.

Tanner Roberson - Yahoo! Sports

Here's a video of the head coach from Vardaman high school talking about him starting at the 1:50 mark

we got another commit from devante scott...once again, his only offer...

He's 6'6", so looks like no more midget QB's in this class.

I for one approve of this development...

i know and it could be that this guy ends up getting tons of offers or just turns out to be a great player but i've never been a stars guy, i look at the offer sheets...

Removed Christian LeMay from list.

New offers: Brey Cook (4* OT), Thomas O'Reilly (3* OG)

Of course not, but any time we have somebody put us of all people in the Top 10, it's worth noting.

Btw, Chief Brown has been updated - no longer a MSU lean

just saw on BDJ where cheif brown has co-leaders...who are they??...and what happened with this kid??...i thought he was supposed to commit a long time ago??

Our staff wouldn't accept his commitment, because they have higher people on their board than him at WR and I think RB and DB. As a result, he's now named MSU and Ole Miss as his co-leaders

Our staff wouldn't accept his commitment, because they have higher people on their board than him at WR and I think RB and DB. As a result, he's now named MSU and Ole Miss as his co-leaders

This is an appropriate "We didn't want him anyways..."

oh i just thought he was strictly a RB...plus, i heard he was just a helluva athlete that we wanted...oh well, we'll see...

oh i just thought he was strictly a RB...plus, i heard he was just a helluva athlete that we wanted...oh well, we'll see...

We haven't even offered him.

Jermaine Whitehead, considered one of the top CB prospects in the state, has committed to State. He also had offers from Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Stanford.

Excellent pickup.

yeah i figured he might go out of state...huge pick up!

All 4 of our in-state commitments hold offers from both schools in the state.

Whitehead is a MEGA pickup. He's on the ESPN 150 watch list. Hopefully we can keep him. I said it a couple of months ago, but Mullen will have the best class in MSU history in '11; I can just feel it.

lets hope you right furry...we just need to go bowling and the rest will take care of itself...

Yeah, it all comes down to how our season goes. We go bowling and compete hard in the SEC like I know we can and beat the crap out of Ole Miss again to further get the edge for recruits in the state, Mullen can pull off that awesome recruiting class. Can't wait 'till the start of the season!!

Anybody heard of this kid. He's supposed to be looking at State.

Anybody heard of this kid. He's supposed to be looking at State.

News to me. I'll check.

He was a 2010 commit, so is he going to walk on?

He was a 2010 commit, so is he going to walk on?

I really don't know, man. I was just breezing threw vidoes and found him. Some of the comments from his classmates said that he was supposed to go State. Not real sure beyond that.

• zartan
      It's funny black guy acts like a thug, carries a gun, gets killed by law enforcement, you smile but somehow you are all gonna be a senior citizen version of Rambo when confronted by the authorities  
    • zartan
      I dunno you tell us im sure that is your search criteria on Tinder
    • zartan
      I think the simplest indicator is the popular vote, which you lost by 3 million  how come Hillary actually paid a price for calling people deplorables, but nothing happens to Trump for anything he says? because conservatives are phony amoral hypocrites
    • WDavE
      But for the most part we're better armed....
    • smokeyone
      Zartan is slowly moving to the right end of the spectrum, he just enjoys the troll life
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      cocky4ever