• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.
bluelightstar

Mississippi State Recruiting Thread

4,451 posts in this topic

So after Benny destroyed the first one, I'll have another go at it. Some updates have been made.

Kiehl Frazier - QB from Springdale, Arkansas. So look for him to go to Gus Malzahn. Currently the 6th ranked QB in the class. Holds offers from Arkansas, Auburn, State, LSU, etc.

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 210

Scout.com: Kiehl Frazier Profile

Broderick Hall - 3* QB from Cottondale, AL. Has an offer from Mississippi State and lists us a heavy favorite. Likely commit.

Ht: 6'3" | Wt: 182 | 40: 4.74

Scout.com: Broderick Hall Profile

Chief Brown - 3* RB from Winona, MS. Has offers from Mississippi State and Ole Miss. Names MSU and Ole Miss as co-leaders (it seems that our staff has asked him to hold off on committing).

Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 185 | 4.43

Scout.com: Chelarvez Brown Profile

Tobias Singleton - 4* WR from Madison, MS. Offers from State, Ole Miss, and USM. If he stays in state, he likely goes to Mississippi.

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 175

Scout.com: Tobias Singleton Profile

Alex Chisum - 3* WR from Tyrone, GA. Offers from Kentucky and Mississippi State. Attended high school with Rajion Neal (for better or for worse).

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 177 | 40: 4.59

Scout.com: Alex Chisum Profile

Josh Pinkston - 3* WR from Forest, MS. Offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Southern Miss.

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 175

Scout.com: Josh Pinkston Profile

Joe Morrow - WR from Ocean Springs, MS. Holds offers from State and Ole Miss.

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 208

Scout.com: Joe Morrow Profile

Edward Muldrow - WR from Snellville, GA. Holds offers from Mississippi State and South Carolina.

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 188 | 40: 4.71

Scout.com: Edward Muldrow Profile

Daniel Knox - Tight end from Collinsville, MS. Holds offers from Mississippi State.

Ht: 6-5 |Wt: 240

Scout.com: Daniel Knox Profile

Aaron Morris - 3* OT from Jackson, MS. Holds offers from the State's SEC schools.

Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 315

Scout.com: Aaron Morris Profile

Nick Redmond - 3* OT from Gulfport, MS. Holds offers from State and Ole Miss. Verbally committed to Mississippi State.

Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 292

Scout.com: Nick Redmond Profile

Justin Bell - OG from Jackson, MS. Holds offers from Mississippi State and Mississippi.

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 325

Scout.com: Justin Bell Profile

Mickey Johnson - 3* DT from Covington, LA. Holds offers from Mississippi State and Tulane.

Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 297 | 40: 5.13

Scout.com: Mickey Johnson Profile

Xzavier Dickson - 3* DE from Griffin, GA. Holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, and State. Looks likely to go to Alabama.

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 236 | 40: 4.99

Scout.com: Xzavier Dickson Profile

Lazarius Chase - OLB from Hollandale, MS. Offers from Mississippi State and lists us as his only school of interest.

Ht: 5-11 | Wt: 205

Scout.com: Lazarius Chase Profile

CJ Johnson - 4* MLB from Philadelphia, MS. Scout150 prospect. Offers from State, LSU, Ole Miss, Michigan, and Tennessee. Verbally committed to Mississippi State

Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 220

Scout.com: C.J. Johnson Profile

Damian Swann - 4* S from Atlanta, GA. Offers from Alabama, State, UF, Georgia, UK, etc. Looks to be high on Alabama so far.

Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 170 | 40: 4.50

Scout.com: Damian Swann Profile

Darion Arrington - 3* S from Wiggins, MS. Offers from Mississippi, Mississippi State, and Southern Miss.

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 200

Scout.com: Darion Arrington Profile

Senquez Golson - 3* CB from Pascagoula, MS. Offers from MSU and Ole Miss. Likely MSU commit.

Ht: 5-9 | Wt: 170

Scout.com: Senquez Golson Profile

Jermaine Whitehead - 3* CB from Greenwood, MS. Offers from MSU and Ole Miss.

Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 183

Scout.com: Jermaine Whitehead Profile

Bruce Dukes - CB from Tyrone, GA (same school as Rajion Neal). Lists MSU as his only school of interest and we're his only offer.

Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 177 | 40: 4.55

Scout.com: Bruce Dukes Profile

Ben Stevens - 3* QB from Laurel, MS. No offers yet, but has MSU as his top school.

Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 185

Scout.com: Ben Stevens Profile

Gabriel Gray - Unranked WRfrom Hazlehurst, MS. Has offers from MSU, Southern Miss, and SE Louisiana.

Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 180

Scout.com: Gabriel Gray Profile

P.J. Jones - Defensive tackle from Tupelo, MS. Has offers from MSU, Ole Miss, and Southern Miss.

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 265

Scout.com: P.J. Jones Profile

Lauren Jackson - Defensive End from Meridian, MS.

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 235

Scout.com: Lauren Jackson Profile

Cortez Hartzog - 3* DT from Gulfport, MS. Has offers from MSU and Southern Miss.

Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 270

Scout.com: Cortez Hartzog Profile

Stephen Rivers - 3* QB from Athens, AL. Offers from Arizona State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, NC State, Stanford, Tennessee, and UCLA.

Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 200

Scout.com: Stephen Rivers Profile

Donte Moncrief - 3* WR. Offers from USM, Ole Miss, and State.

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 205 | 40: 4.45

Scout.com: Donte Moncrief Profile

Now, again, this is only kids with offers and doesn't include kids who have interest in MSU.

Commits (4)

1. CJ Johnson - 4* MLB

2. Nick Redmond - 3* OT

3. Zachary Jackson - 3* S

4. DeVante Scott - 3* RB/Ath

5. Jermaine Whitehead - 3* CB

Edited by bluelightstar

i think johnson and redmond are terrific starts...we need to keep johnson no matter what i think...

We have no shot at Singleton anyway. Keeping Johnson is imperative.

Again, this thread is what I call getting it done. Good job bls.

Just found that we picked up a commit from Zachary Jackson this week. I know its early but it kind of bothers me that we're his only offer at this point.

i agree 22, but i hear he is fast...oh well, i said the next 2 years will decide if mullen can recruit...we started hot with redmond and johnson...dont know about this guy...

i agree 22, but i hear he is fast...oh well, i said the next 2 years will decide if mullen can recruit...we started hot with redmond and johnson...dont know about this guy...

I was told today Mullen really likes this guy. Maybe a diamond in the rough kinda guy i guess?

And btw Chief Brown is a stud. I've never seen him play football but I play him in baseball and the dude can really pick them up and put them down, I also hear we're top on his list. He'd be a great pick up if he could even catch a cold in Alaska just because of the speed

Edited by Bulldawg22

He's a mighty good baseball player, we might have to worry about losing him to the baseball team like the situation with Wes Rea

New offers: PJ Jones (DT), Mitch Smothers (OT), Ryan Shazier (DE), Jervoahnte Riles (OLB), Avery Walls (S), Lonnie Ballentine (CB).

i thought chief brown was supposed to commit the day before valentines day??...what happened to that??

I'd say ya'll got a couple of quality arms in the stands at the Hump. :lol:

Ok, sorry....it was obligatory. Back to your actual discussion.

New offers: PJ Jones (DT), Mitch Smothers (OT), Ryan Shazier (DE), Jervoahnte Riles (OLB), Avery Walls (S), Lonnie Ballentine (CB).

Winning name

I'd say ya'll got a couple of quality arms in the stands at the Hump. :lol:

Ok, sorry....it was obligatory. Back to your actual discussion.

They are coming out of the bullpen, not playing QB.

i thought chief brown was supposed to commit the day before valentines day??...what happened to that??

He left Junior Day early due to some other commitments, but if the staff had pressed him, they'd have gotten the commit.

well i just read the article on rivals a long time ago when he was the one saying he was going to commit....thats why i was wondering...

I read "left early because of other commitments" as he left because others committed to MSU. Not meant that way, right?

haha no i doubt he meant it like that....i heard he left early for practice reasons or something and was still going to commit but i was just wondering if anybody had any info as to why he hasnt doesnt so far...i hear he is a real player...and you have to love the name "chief"...ha

I wish my name was half as cool as Chief. I got a boring normal name.

Another offer:

James Maiden - a DT from Woodville, Mississippi. Offers from LSU, State, and USM. LSU and State are his leaders.

its amazing that we get reamed for having a southaven pipeline (which actually doesnt exist since samsel doesnt use msu as a first priority...more of an afterthought than anyghing....just the first afterthought in the in-state pecking order) while south panola and madison central are thick as thieves with om.

We're also apparently hard after QB Stephen Rivers, brother of Phillip Rivers. His dad is an MSU grad (and somehow we let the first Rivers brother slip away). He's 6'6", so looks like no more midget QB's in this class.

And a few more guys have been offered: two defensive ends from JUCO - Leon Mackey and Bo Tillman. We also offered Marino Daggan, a defensive back from Bassville.