• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeauxTo

LSU researchers make breakthrough in study of subatomic particles

14 posts in this topic

A team of LSU researchers working in Japan has generated a beam of neutrinos, the first step in a study of the strange subatomic particles. The team at the Tokai to Kamioka Long Baseline Neutrino Oscillation Experiment is studying the elusive neutrino and the oscillations that cause the particle to transform as it moves through space. The team, led by LSU physics professor Thomas Kutter, hopes to gain insight into the balance of matter and antimatter in the universe by studying the particle.

LSU researchers make a breakthrough, they've discovered a way to put subatomic particles in beer.

:P

LSU researchers make a breakthrough, they've discovered a way to put subatomic particles in beer.

Yeah... it's called Dixie Beer. :D

dixieplaincan1-1.jpg

Allow me to be an a$$:

LSU researchers (a German that graduated from The University of Heidelberg, Germany, that teaches physics at LSU), discovered something in Japan, using Japanese facilities and technology.

In all seriousness though, it's always good to see SEC schools mentioned when scientific breakthroughs are discovered.

they did that on Star Trek once and the Enterprise was almost destroyed

I lol'd.

Hilarious! :P

Yeah... it's called Dixie Beer. :D

dixieplaincan1-1.jpg

They better be careful with that. I know for a fact the most volitile substance known to man is an early morning Dixie beer fart.

They better be careful with that. I know for a fact the most volitile substance known to man is an early morning Dixie beer fart.

Imagine if you ate taco bell and washed it down with a Dixie...

Imagine if you ate taco bell and washed it down with a Dixie...

Imagine this, sit at a bar in New Orleans eating pickled eggs from a jar and washing it down with Dixie. You wake up with your eyes burning in a heavy brown haze.

Imagine this, sit at a bar in New Orleans eating pickled eggs from a jar and washing it down with Dixie. You wake up with your eyes burning in a heavy brown haze.

Don't have to imagine it. Last Easter, my kids still had a bunch of Easter Eggs that needed to be eaten. I ate seven or eight and drank about that many beers to help wash them down. The next morning, the results of that mixture would have had people jumping out of an airplane without a parachute.

Don't have to imagine it. Last Easter, my kids still had a bunch of Easter Eggs that needed to be eaten. I ate seven or eight and drank about that many beers to help wash them down. The next morning, the results of that mixture would have had people jumping out of an airplane without a parachute.

Plummeting to earth with smiles on their faces as they yell, "the air! It's so fresh!".