Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cianne

2012 Rebel Commitments

65 posts in this topic

Loving our chances with Alford. Between us, Nebraska, LSU, Southern Miss, and anyone else whose smart enough to make a late push at him. Could end up being a Denard Robinson type for us, kid can fly. Also helps that he wants to play baseball as well and he'll be able to see that we have given Senquez Golson the same opportunity after recruiting him last year.

Loving our chances with Alford. Between us, Nebraska, LSU, Southern Miss, and anyone else whose smart enough to make a late push at him. Could end up being a Denard Robinson type for us, kid can fly. Also helps that he wants to play baseball as well and he'll be able to see that we have given Senquez Golson the same opportunity after recruiting him last year.

Alford is too much of a risk with baseball being his true love.

There's a much greater risk involved with not recruiting him and him going somewhere else in the SEC as opposed to just recruiting him to get a feeler for what he wants to do and the possibility of him ending up with us.

Also helps that he wants to play baseball as well and he'll be able to see that we have given Senquez Golson the same opportunity after recruiting him last year.

Erm, I'm doing my best to keep this from sounding like trash talk, but don't you wonder what Golson thinks about that opportunity? In the MLB, he could have made millions this year. He wound up playing for a 2-10 team. Ole Miss will be rebuilding for the next three years. Golson turned down millions and now only has the opportunity to go to possibly one or two bowl games, assuming that Freeze is a decent coach.

Alford is wide open now. A few weeks ago it was between LSU and USM. LSU is going after some other guy and if they sign him, Alford probably wont go. USM just lost Fedora. I think Nebraska might actually be the front runner now. Actually, the front runner is probably the Minnesota Twins. But he's definitely worth going all in on. He could play several positions in football and contribute right away in baseball. It would be huge if Bianco could have Golson and Alford on the team without eating up any scholarship. The scholly limit in baseball is ridiculous....que Ron Polk.

Alford is wide open now. A few weeks ago it was between LSU and USM. LSU is going after some other guy and if they sign him, Alford probably wont go. USM just lost Fedora. I think Nebraska might actually be the front runner now. Actually, the front runner is probably the Minnesota Twins. But he's definitely worth going all in on. He could play several positions in football and contribute right away in baseball. It would be huge if Bianco could have Golson and Alford on the team without eating up any scholarship. The scholly limit in baseball is ridiculous....que Ron Polk.

I don't know how hard we are after Alford. They say Mullen is making an all out push for Liggens (sp), though. But he won't play QB. I think he is slated for DE with us.

Erm, I'm doing my best to keep this from sounding like trash talk, but don't you wonder what Golson thinks about that opportunity? In the MLB, he could have made millions this year. He wound up playing for a 2-10 team. Ole Miss will be rebuilding for the next three years. Golson turned down millions and now only has the opportunity to go to possibly one or two bowl games, assuming that Freeze is a decent coach.

Didn't take any trash talk from that, just your opinion. Golson still has the chance to make millions in the pros, and now he has one of the best coaching staffs in the country to help him develop as a player, and potentially make even more (in baseball).

He is playing football but I think baseball is his true love, and we may not be a great baseball team but no one can argue that we are not a solid program and we do send a few to the majors.

He is playing football but I think baseball is his true love, and we may not be a great baseball team but no one can argue that we are not a solid program and we do send a few to the majors.

It's one of the top 15 programs in the nation now. And a few? Try about 75% of the team. Even guys like Bret Basham get drafted lol

edit. I think you were talking about the MLB

It's one of the top 15 programs in the nation now. And a few? Try about 75% of the team. Even guys like Bret Basham get drafted lol

edit. I think you were talking about the MLB

Im meaning like the bigs, like lance lynn, drew pomeranz, etc

Im meaning like the bigs, like lance lynn, drew pomeranz, etc

yea even that list is getting a little long now with Smith, Tolbert, Pressley, Lynn, Pom, Cozart, Maloney, and somebody I'm surely missing.

We will not be rebuilding for the next 3 years. That is definitely not true. The best players on our team were freshman and sophomores this year. Defense? Won't be anything good next year. But our offense will have an identity and we should be able to move the ball under Freeze.

People on rivals were talking about have Alford stay with Golsen on his visit. That would be sweet. Those 2 on the diamond and football field? Pretty nice combo

Our baseball program is definitely a reason we have a real chance with Alford. We just hired arguably the nation's best hitting coach, to go along with our good pitching coach. Senquez should have no problem getting drafted after 2 or 3 years in Oxford

We will not be rebuilding for the next 3 years. That is definitely not true. The best players on our team were freshman and sophomores this year. Defense? Won't be anything good next year. But our offense will have an identity and we should be able to move the ball under Freeze.

What evidence do you have to the contrary?

It took us all of nearly a decade after Hurricane Sherrill and the Slytanic wrecked the program. Nutt has done the same thing he did to Arky when he left them; left the cupboard nearly empty. (WR's and LB corps being exceptions)

Remember this BBN4L, "Offense sells tickets; Defense wins championships".

People on rivals were talking about have Alford stay with Golsen on his visit. That would be sweet. Those 2 on the diamond and football field? Pretty nice combo

It would be sick. Plus you have 2 more baseball scholarships open up to sign other guys. Money.

What evidence do you have to the contrary?

It took us all of nearly a decade after Hurricane Sherrill and the Slytanic wrecked the program. Nutt has done the same thing he did to Arky when he left them; left the cupboard nearly empty. (WR's and LB corps being exceptions)

Remember this BBN4L, "Offense sells tickets; Defense wins championships".

All I'm saying is in 2014 or 15 we will not be "rebuilding" if Freeze is here. 3 years is more than enough time for Freeze to take us from now to beyond rebuilding. Did I say Championships? No, just a 6-7 win team in 3 years. That's not rebuilding compared to where we are now.

All I'm saying is in 2014 or 15 we will not be "rebuilding" if Freeze is here. 3 years is more than enough time for Freeze to take us from now to beyond rebuilding. Did I say Championships? No, just a 6-7 win team in 3 years. That's not rebuilding compared to where we are now.

You can say what you want too, but it isn't rebuilding. It's building period. Those two nine win years were anomalies, not the rule. Before you get all mad, the same is true at State, maybe even more so. We didn't even have back to back nine win teams, just one. And as far as Alford goes, there is nothing to suggest that OM's baseball team is any better than State's. I know history doesn't say that. However, I am not even sure that we are that hard after Alford, but I know we've offered.

You can say what you want too, but it isn't rebuilding. It's building period. Those two nine win years were anomalies, not the rule. Before you get all mad, the same is true at State, maybe even more so. We didn't even have back to back nine win teams, just one. And as far as Alford goes, there is nothing to suggest that OM's baseball team is any better than State's. I know history doesn't say that. However, I am not even sure that we are that hard after Alford, but I know we've offered.

The baseball reference was nothing against state, as LSU, OM, and Nebraska are the real players for Alford right now anyway. But yes, I'd say our baseball program definitely helps our chances if LSU signs that other dual threat QB they are after

Didn't realize one of our coaches Maurice Harris used to coach high school football in the Memphis area.. has a good knowledge of the area, connections, and is well liked by the kids around there. Excited about that, and less inclined to want Larry Porter on our staff (even though I don't think it would hurt to add him as a position coach).

Have it on good authority that Channing Ward is an Ole Miss lean at this point. And I realize that State could make room for scholarships for some of these bigger names that haven't committed anywhere yet but the more time that goes by the less likely they would be able to get all of that to flow smoothly.. This fares well for us, but unfortunately also for Auburn, LSU, etc that are recruiting these guys (even though they are running out of spots as well).

Hearing some rumblings that Bo Wallace has picked the good guys. I guess we'll see in a few days

Robert Conyers committed to us today on his unofficial visit to Oxford. Big news being that we have cut ties with Jake Meador. He's a 3 star (scout) OL who is fast and athletic. Hearing Cordarrele Patterson's visit is going good to (per the news sites).

Freezus and crew kicking some butt on the recruiting trail for the situation he was put in. Can't wait to see what he can do with a year to recruit

• L.A.Hog
      I'd move out of the hell hole.
    • GAMECOCK_FAN
      Gamecocks defeat Charleston Southern 7-0.  18 K's in the game for SC pitchers.
    • smokeyone
      I have a safe but many are out in the open or on my workbench. My little girl knows what they are and what they can do. I teach that they are tools not toys. She wouldn't play with a saw so why would she play with a shotgun? Sh has used both as they were intended and seen that using them correctly makes more sense than using them incorrectly. I don't want to shoot anyone. I don't want anyone to break in. I don't want crime. But reality is my small town has a gang problem. Ignoring it isn't a responsible answer, neither is Next years approach of talking with them over coffe and finding out what drives them to lash out like this. I honestly don't care why they are threatening me and mine, I just want to be able to stop them.
    • smokeyone
        You wouldn't recognize Columbia County anymore. It has blown up with refugees from Augusta. It went from a suitcase community with open spaces to a living/working destination metropolitan region. Clarks hill has developments on it but little to no residential development. Washington road is being made into a 4 lane highway all the way to the lake. And it's accent has come at the expense of the consolidated Augusta/Richmond county. That place is trying to revitalize but falling poorly at it.  It seems like every few months something new is coming to Columbia county making it better. The only issue they are having now is roads. Grovetown didn't plan for the expansion so they need a total rebuild of it road system. It's not just Military and Mexican anymore. 300,000.00 houses fill subdivisions as fast as they can clear land to build them. Applying and Harlem are the only parts of Columbia county not exploding and Harlem is about to as Grovetown is getting too expensive for folks now.  And now is the best time for the area. With Masters week coming up the clean up and finish up is in full swing.
    • A10Rebel
      The recruit pool. Bring them all in and divvy them up. I love it.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      L.A.Hog