Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cianne

2012 Rebel Commitments

65 posts in this topic

I find it bizarre that I'm having to create a 2012 commitment thread for football before even thinking about making a 2011 one but that's what I'm having to do. Quay Evans, the top prospect in the state of Mississippi for 2012, has already decided to commit to Ole Miss in his sophomore year at Morton.

I find it bizarre that I'm having to create a 2012 commitment thread for football before even thinking about making a 2011 one but that's what I'm having to do. Quay Evans, the top prospect in the state of Mississippi for 2012, has already decided to commit to Ole Miss in his sophomore year at Morton.

753290m-1.jpg

He doesn't look like a sophomore, hell...he doesn't look like a senior. :eek:

Worlds of potential... I hope he stays committed, 2 basically 3 years.... dayum...

New Breed of Landshark just look at his fin

2 new commits today from South Panola. Huge pickups

2 new commits today from South Panola. Huge pickups

Congrats.

Seems as though this next kid named Strong is carrying on a family tradition.

Being reported that Eric Kinsey has committed to the Rebels. 3* LB/DE from Florida. Don't know much about him

:huh:This thread was started in 2009, wow:huh:

:huh:This thread was started in 2009, wow:huh:

Quay Evans was the reason, if I'm not mistaken

2 new commitments today. 4* RB I'tavius Mathers and 3* ATH Mike Hilton. Things looking really good this year in recruiting.

We are setting up great talent and depth for these next 3 years. We should be very solid and might have a shot at Atlanta before 2014

Hearing a few more recruits are going to commit this week also, maybe a big time guy like Ward, Evans, or Liggins included. Nothing for sure but I'll know later on as the week progresses

Anyone heard anything new on the state of Nutt's recruits?

Any additions? Losses?

Anyone heard anything new on the state of Nutt's recruits?

Any additions? Losses?

Not sure how much you look at Rivals or Scout's front pages, but we had 11-12 solid recruits, and that number has significantly decreased to 1-3.. though this doesn't mean much as most of them remain uncommitted and have stated they are just waiting to see who will be named the new coach and how they would fit in to that coaches system (whether it be offense or defense)

Not sure how much you look at Rivals or Scout's front pages, but we had 11-12 solid recruits, and that number has significantly decreased to 1-3.. though this doesn't mean much as most of them remain uncommitted and have stated they are just waiting to see who will be named the new coach and how they would fit in to that coaches system (whether it be offense or defense)

One of my OM buddies who has an account on the OM 24/7 page tells me that RB and current OM committ I'Tavius Mathers will more than likely not be signing with OM, fwiw.

One of my OM buddies who has an account on the OM 24/7 page tells me that RB and current OM committ I'Tavius Mathers will more than likely not be signing with OM, fwiw.

I have a subscription to Rivals and Scout (for Ole Miss) and Scout is reporting today that our in home visit with Mathers last night went extremely well, as the in home was with both Mathers and CJ Beathard together (they and their families are friends). According to the report both confirmed their commitment to Ole Miss, just noting they were experiencing some anxiousness and nervousness on the anticipation with who our next coach will be. Different sites have different sources, but as far as recruiting goes the Ole Miss scout site does an excellent job of covering recruiting and is usually 90-100% accurate in their reports. This, if in fact true, is definitely good news for us.

I have a subscription to Rivals and Scout (for Ole Miss) and Scout is reporting today that our in home visit with Mathers last night went extremely well, as the in home was with both Mathers and CJ Beathard together (they and their families are friends). According to the report both confirmed their commitment to Ole Miss, just noting they were experiencing some anxiousness and nervousness on the anticipation with who our next coach will be. Different sites have different sources, but as far as recruiting goes the Ole Miss scout site does an excellent job of covering recruiting and is usually 90-100% accurate in their reports. This, if in fact true, is definitely good news for us.

Good stuff.

Update on those two, since the hiring of Freeze: Mathers admittedly doesn't know much about Freeze but says he's excited about the type of offense he runs and is excited to talk to him ---- Beathard was being recruited by Freeze at Ark St so he is very happy with the hire and I have a feeling if Beathard is happy he will sing Freeze's praises to Mathers and the two will be joining us in Oxford next year.

If you get a chance read some of the recruiting news going on right now, Freeze has already hit the ground running talking to some big time recruits in Mississippi and surrounding areas and getting positive responses from all of them. Very excited for the future.

Both Mathers and Betheard are solid to the Rebels. No worries with them. Richie Brown had some good quotes today regarding freeze. Feeling good about him.

Not so sure about Liggins, Ward or Alford though.

Trust me bro, if you don't get Ward, you aren't missing anything. In fact, you may well gain another commit who actually deserves the scholly he's being offered. I went to the playoff game that Aberdeen got beat in, and from watching that game there are three things that I can tell y'all about him:

1. He is a quitter. Didn't play much of the 3rd and 4th quarter b/c he didn't want to.

2. He fakes injuries. That 3rd and 4th quarter I just mentioned, he faked a calf injury so he didn't have to go back in. When the trainers came over to help him, he told them to go away.

3. He is selfish as hell. He does not recognize that there is no "I" in team. He thinks there is only "me" in team.

As I've been saying on our recruiting board, :lanekiffin: him and his selfish, sorry ass.*

*=That being said, he will probably turn out to be a beast. :glare:

Both Mathers and Betheard are solid to the Rebels. No worries with them. Richie Brown had some good quotes today regarding freeze. Feeling good about him.

I'm feeling increasingly optimistic about the last three. Alford has stated he wants to go to college instead of going pro in baseball (though seeing all the money he could potentially get could change his mind, he's supposed to be a pretty high pick) and he would be a perfect fit for Freeze's offense. Not to mention, if you want to be a dual sport athlete with FB and baseball, he knows our baseball team is year in year out nationally competitive which helps our chances also.

Saw something on Ward today, said he didn't know too much about Freeze but was excited to learn about him and wanted a chance to talk to him about his plans. Have heard nothing about Liggins, but if we can get Alford and Beathard (who I'm not too excited about honestly, but Hugh Freeze might be able to develop him into something better than what i'm thinking) than we honestly could stand to lose Liggins elsewhere.

• L.A.Hog
      I'd move out of the hell hole.
    • GAMECOCK_FAN
      Gamecocks defeat Charleston Southern 7-0.  18 K's in the game for SC pitchers.
    • smokeyone
      I have a safe but many are out in the open or on my workbench. My little girl knows what they are and what they can do. I teach that they are tools not toys. She wouldn't play with a saw so why would she play with a shotgun? Sh has used both as they were intended and seen that using them correctly makes more sense than using them incorrectly. I don't want to shoot anyone. I don't want anyone to break in. I don't want crime. But reality is my small town has a gang problem. Ignoring it isn't a responsible answer, neither is Next years approach of talking with them over coffe and finding out what drives them to lash out like this. I honestly don't care why they are threatening me and mine, I just want to be able to stop them.
    • smokeyone
        You wouldn't recognize Columbia County anymore. It has blown up with refugees from Augusta. It went from a suitcase community with open spaces to a living/working destination metropolitan region. Clarks hill has developments on it but little to no residential development. Washington road is being made into a 4 lane highway all the way to the lake. And it's accent has come at the expense of the consolidated Augusta/Richmond county. That place is trying to revitalize but falling poorly at it.  It seems like every few months something new is coming to Columbia county making it better. The only issue they are having now is roads. Grovetown didn't plan for the expansion so they need a total rebuild of it road system. It's not just Military and Mexican anymore. 300,000.00 houses fill subdivisions as fast as they can clear land to build them. Applying and Harlem are the only parts of Columbia county not exploding and Harlem is about to as Grovetown is getting too expensive for folks now.  And now is the best time for the area. With Masters week coming up the clean up and finish up is in full swing.
    • A10Rebel
      The recruit pool. Bring them all in and divvy them up. I love it.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      L.A.Hog