Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaperShaker

Scripture of the Day

66 posts in this topic

Habakkuk 2:4- "Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith."

Matthew 16:24-

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

If we are to serve the Lord with everything we have, it first requires that we die to ourselves, and elect to live life for Him.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

This verse really means a lot to me.

Ezekiel 4:11-13

(11)Thou shalt drink also water by measure, the sixth part of an hin: from time to time shalt thou drink. (12) And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. (13) And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them.

It's been a while, but I'm glad to be back! So here is a Scripture for today, from Deuteronomy 1:8-

"Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them."

After studying the Old Testament, this is one verse of great importance. This story is completed in the book of Joshua, as the River Jordan is dried and the people of Israel walk across into this same land, the one promised of God! Oh, how faithful HE IS!

(II Corinthians 12:9-10) 9 He has said to me, "“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”" Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong.

I love this one.

The only problem we can have in times of weakness, is a problem where we don't call upon the Lord for help.

yes, Deuteronomy is awesome, this is one of my favorites:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

“If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

Have some respect. SOTD thread, not a flaming thread. Stay classy.

Have some respect. SOTD thread, not a flaming thread. Stay classy.

whoah. what? so you're saying quoting an actual verse from the Bible is flaming?

Be financially prudent! Otherwise, YHWH will strike ye down!

Acts 5:1-10

" 1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband."

Gotta get this thing going again!

Today, Galatians 5:6

"For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love."

Christians, the most important thing for us is this- to love one another. "By this", Jesus said, "they will know you are my disciples".

Have a good day and weekend, everyone!

• zartan
      there seems to be a lot of bad will going around on this site lately     i like it
    • L.A.Hog
      ya'll got one going..
    • dawgbit
      Also will never tell you it's got a headache when you get a few beers in you and decide to throw some meat in it...   I bought a Kamado knockoff a few years ago and love it. My egg didn't survive the move back to Mississippi and I just couldn't pull the trigger on another. For big grillin and smoking I built my own out of an old propane tank cut down by 1/3rd. Can do about ten Boston butts at a time. Smoked a half-dozen and pulled them for the fire dept and ems this past Wednesday. Did 24 half chickens at once last fall. Drawback is it takes a pile of charcoal to get it hot and keep it going.
    • cocky4ever
      Been way too long but we finally got a 5* commitment. Obviously a long way to go but hopefully we can hold on to him. This class really could end up being something special. https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/five-star-defensive-end-zacch-pickens-commits-to-gamecocks   The state's top overall prospect decided not to wait. Originally planning to make his decision towards the end of his senior season, Anderson (S.C.) T.L. Hanna class of 2019 five-star defensive end  Zacch Pickens  committed to South Carolina Friday, according to sources at his spring game.   It was a team recruiting effort from the Gamecocks as head coach Will Muschamp, defensive line coach Lance Thompson, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler all had a strong role in landing the nation's No. 16 overall prospect. Pickens was last on South Carolina's campus earlier this spring for a cookout event. Pickens, considered the No. 3 strongside defensive end in the country by Rivals, chooses South Carolina over offers from Alabama, Florida State, Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and West Forest.  It was believed throughout the process that Clemson and Georgia were the two other top contenders. Pickens is the 12th commitment to Carolina's 2019 class.       This commitment bumps us up to #8 for the time being.      
    • cocky4ever
      Go back and read the article and it’s obvious. McCain can summon congress to work on a bipartisan healthcare bill? How long has he had to work on it? And what did he do, cast his vote to spit in the face of the bill he and republicans had all that time to work on. He can pass tax reform to create jobs? That’s already been done. He can continue his leadership on immigration reform and global warming? Just lol. Just admit that McCain spoke out against Trump on some issues so now he’s a hero to you when you wouldn’t have given him a second thought otherwise. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      nova
      nova
    4. 4
      bbqit