Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaperShaker

Scripture of the Day

66 posts in this topic

The scripture today comes from Isaiah 9:6- The King James Version reads,

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."

This verse makes me stop and think about what a wonderful friend and counsellor we have in Jesus Christ, the reason for this season.

Jonah 2:9- "But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD."

"Lord" isn't capitalized in the Bible, but I feel that it deserves special attention here. Over our life, we accumulate quite a debt of sin and shame. Salvation from that debt is not of works or tithing, but of the Lord Jesus Christ. How thankful we should be that our debts have now been paid in full- salvation truly is of the LORD. Have a blessed day, everybody. :)

Exactly...........salvation isn't earned or bought by us the sinner. It is paid for in full by the King of Kings.....Jesus Christ, we celebrate Christmas for His shed blood on the cross........HE was Born to Die.........so we might live.

I love the words to this song by Relient K, the song is called I Celebrate the Day.

And with this Christmas wish is missed

The point I could convey

If only I could find the words to say

To let You know how much You've touched my life

Because ...

Here is where You're finding me

In the exact same place as New Year's Eve

And from a lack of my persistency

We're less than half as close as I want to be

And the first time that You opened Your eyes

Did You realize that You would be my Savior

And the first breath that left Your lips

Did You know that it would change this world forever

And so this Christmas I'll compare

The things I felt in prior years

To what this midnight made so clear

That You have come to meet me here

[musical bridge]

To look back and think that

This Baby would one day save me

In the hope that what You did

That you were born so I might really live

This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day

That You were born to die

So I could one day pray for You to save my life

Pray for You to save my life

Exactly...........salvation isn't earned or bought by us the sinner. It is paid for in full by the King of Kings.....Jesus Christ, we celebrate Christmas for His shed blood on the cross........HE was Born to Die.........so we might live.

I love the words to this song by Relient K, the song is called I Celebrate the Day.

And with this Christmas wish is missed

The point I could convey

If only I could find the words to say

To let You know how much You've touched my life

Because ...

Here is where You're finding me

In the exact same place as New Year's Eve

And from a lack of my persistency

We're less than half as close as I want to be

And so this Christmas I'll compare

The things I felt in prior years

To what this midnight made so clear

That You have come to meet me here

[musical bridge]

This Baby would one day save me

In the hope that what You did

That you were born so I might really live

This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day

That You were born to die

So I could one day pray for You to save my life

Right on.

It really bothers me when you have some "Christian" denominations that try to sell salvation as being Faith/Works/Baptism or bought by donations to the church, etc... it will never be deserved and trying to earn it seems disrespectful to Jesus' atoning work on the cross. I completely accept that Jesus' death was powerful enough to save me (and anybody) without needing any help from me.

Today's scripture comes from the book of Revelations. Chapter 22, verse 20 in the King James Version reads- :book:

"He that testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, Come Lord Jesus."

As a Christian, I am always expecting Christ's return, and always anxious for it. Always remember these words, that He is coming in the twinkle of an eye, and as you go throughout the day take care that you don't find yourself anywhere that you would be ashamed of if Christ were to return.

Have a blessed day, everyone.

Sorry it's a little late today, (it probably always will be on Sundays but I guess Church is a good excuse for a late scripture posting)...

Luke 2:11- "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."

This is the truth about why we celebrate this Christmas season. Unto us (each of us personally) was born a man, Jesus Christ, born a King and Savior who died on the cross for our sins. What a wonderful verse the Lord God has left for us in His Word.

Keep the scriptures coming FF:thumpsup:

Thanks for the support, man.

I love how today's scripture (Luke 2:11) tells about the fulfillment of the first scripture I posted (Isaiah 9:6), I didn't even realize that until just now. Pretty amazing how God works. :thumpsup:

Okay, so today's scripture is probably the most well-known of all verses in the Bible. But there is a reason that so many people know this verse, and if you had to know just one it would be John 3:16.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

God loved us enough to become flesh and bear the cross for us- how powerful is that?

Okay, so today's scripture is probably the most well-known of all verses in the Bible. But there is a reason that so many people know this verse, and if you had to know just one it would be John 3:16.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

God loved us enough to become flesh and bear the cross for us- how powerful is that?

Right on... the incantation for all Christians is "Saved by Grace!" :thumpsup:

The epistles are full of words of wisdom, and this verse really stands out to me, as it should all Christians. I Thesselonians 2:12-

"That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto His kingdom and glory."

We're never deserving of salvation or the multitude of blessings that we receive, but as Christians we should walk in a way that reflects God in our lives and bears witness to Christ. Have a blessed day, everyone. :)

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

For the Christian, these are words of endurance- that no matter what adversity comes we and our families will serve the Lord.

Thanks for posting--I certainly need to take the time to reflect on what is truly right

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

For the Christian, these are words of endurance- that no matter what adversity comes we and our families will serve the Lord.

Amen:thumpsup:

That verse right under my avatar is a great one. Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

My best friends started a band, but couldn't think of a good name. Another one of my closest friends had a car accident that paralyzed him from the waist down. This has been his favorite and most memorable verse. The guys in the band took a look at this verse and they came up with "Wings for the Weary" in remembrance of the paralazed friend.

That verse right under my avatar is a great one. Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

My best friends started a band, but couldn't think of a good name. Another one of my closest friends had a car accident that paralyzed him from the waist down. This has been his favorite and most memorable verse. The guys in the band took a look at this verse and they came up with "Wings for the Weary" in remembrance of the paralazed friend.

Dude, that's awesome.

Now this verse is pretty cool. Now, the middle chapter of the Bible is Psalms 118. It is right between the shortest (117) and longest (119) verses in the Bible. Now, if you add up the chapters before and after Psalms 118, there are 1,188 chapters. The very middle of your bible is 118:8. What does it say?

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Right at the heart of the Bible, God's message is about faith. Where better to put our trust than in God? I never cease to be amazed by the Bible, knowing that it is the living and true Word of a sovereign God. Have a blessed day, everyone.

Merry Christmas to all of y'all!! We serve a Great and Awesome God, we don't deserve the goodness and blessings he gives us, that is truly how Great He is, to bless those that have sinned and run from Him.

Now this verse is pretty cool. Now, the middle chapter of the Bible is Psalms 118. It is right between the shortest (117) and longest (119) verses in the Bible. Now, if you add up the chapters before and after Psalms 118, there are 1,188 chapters. The very middle of your bible is 118:8. What does it say?

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Right at the heart of the Bible, God's message is about faith. Where better to put our trust than in God? I never cease to be amazed by the Bible, knowing that it is the living and true Word of a sovereign God. Have a blessed day, everyone.

I'll tell you where,......NOWHERE!!!:thumpsup:

It's the greatest time of the year for a reason- Jesus, being the single most important thing to ever happen on this earth, was born and it was extraordinary how the circumstances turned out surrounding his birth. This is not just a reminder of our savior entering the world, it's a reminder that God has an ultimate plan and there's no way a christian should ever have to worry. Merry Christmas everybody, Jesus Rocks!!!!!!!

It's the greatest time of the year for a reason- Jesus, being the single most important thing to ever happen on this earth, was born and it was extraordinary how the circumstances turned out surrounding his birth. This is not just a reminder of our savior entering the world, it's a reminder that God has an ultimate plan and there's no way a christian should ever have to worry. Merry Christmas everybody, Jesus Rocks!!!!!!!

That's exactly right, bro. With all the circumstances in our great country right now, remember than Mary and Joseph ended up in Bethlehem because of Caesar Augustus' decree to "tax" (which in the greek means register) all of the people. This allowed Jesus to fulfill the prophecy that the Messiah would be born in the city of David. As Christians, we should all remember that God is in control and no matter what any congressman/senator/president/judge decides- we have nothing to worry about because OUR FATHER is the ultimate Authority. :thumpsup:

Merry Christmas, all. Today's Scripture of the Day-

Luke 1:37- "For with God, nothing shall be impossible."

I was searching for a Christmas-related verse, but this one seemed to pop off the page to me. I've never read a more true verse. God bless, and have a great Christmas!

Merry Christmas, all. Today's Scripture of the Day-

Luke 1:37- "For with God, nothing shall be impossible."

I was searching for a Christmas-related verse, but this one seemed to pop off the page to me. I've never read a more true verse. God bless, and have a great Christmas!

That's the truth right there...:thumpsup:

I apologize for not having a scripture yesterday, but I hope that today's will be a blessing. It comes from the book of Galatians. Chapter 6, verse 14

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

Salvation is not of works or baptism, nothing that we can take the glory for. It is through faith in Jesus Christ alone. Paul says here that he is seperated from the world by the cross. His faith in Jesus sets him apart from the world, and he is in Christ. If we, too, are in Christ- then we find ourselves where Christ is. On the right hand of the Father, a hand from which we cannot be plucked or pluck ourselves. We're safe and secure in the hand of almighty God because of Jesus Christ. What a blessing. Have a blessed day, everyone.

• GoldenRebel
      He was disassociated from the university which means he can’t advertise or be in any way involved with ole miss athletics. But he’s probably made more $ off of it to be honest because fans are full fledge middle finger in the air to the ncaa. And in a kind of weird way too. I fully believe more of our fan base is willing to cheat now than before. The whole mentality is “fuck you, you can’t tell me what to do. Watch this”. 
    • bbqit
      Only defense with a woman is a fart. You won’t get the last word. That only makes it last till a cop arrests you. Forget whoopin ass. Cops again. Doesn’t matter if her argument is flawed. She will stick with it till the cops come. She will chew you till you fart. Once the fart is set free she will immediately stop. She will stare. Then she will ask a dumb question. “Did you fart?”  Excuse me but a fart is universally understood in any language. Then she will say “I can’t believe you just did that!”  You smile glancing for the dog. Then she will turn and as while walking to another room say “You are so gross!”  At that moment she isn’t bitching at you anymore. 
    • dawgbit
      I'm in the hills so that ain't happening, but damn I'm sick of it. The temps can stay but the rain needs to fawk off.
    • bbqit
      Schools and some businesses have closed due to flooding. A few parts of town you can’t see the roads. We got at least 4 more days of this     i have gotten 8 inches in a two day span and not seen flooding
    • dawgbit
      2+ inches since yesterday afternoon and more on the way. Wettest February in a while here.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      Herchel