• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

PT's Revised SEC Predictions

58 posts in this topic

Now that we're what....2 weeks away from SEC play really.....I figure I'd go ahead and throw out there how I think the whole SEC finishes up:

EAST

1. Kentucky

2. Florida

3. Tennessee

4. South Carolina

5. Vanderbilt

6. Georgia

WEST

1. Ole Miss

2. Mississippi State

3. LSU

4. Alabama

5. Auburn

6. Arkansas

No. I think Rider and Richmond did that all on their own :D

Pretty solid. Wouldn't be surprised at all if thats how it went down. You could put OM or State at the top of the west.

Ya'll got the 2nd best backcourt, next to ours of course, in the SEC. Fortunately, that works out perfectly for us when we meet, plus the games at Rupp....so we ain't sweatin the Rebels. State is more than capable of taking the west, but so far all they've proven is they can lose to teams they shouldn't. Ole Miss has proven they can beat good teams (K-State) and have an opportunity coming up to prove they can beat a really good team (West Virginia.) If State wants to win the west, they gotta man up and take down the Rebels this season. Right now, OM has to be the favorite to win the West.

LSU and Bama are pretty much interchangeable IMO....I think LSU has a little more talent on their roster right now, so I give 'em the edge.

I think you give LSU more respect than you should. It's Taz, then everybody else. A few good guys sprinkled in. But pretty bad on talent tright now. Guess we'll see.

This is just PT's way of saying he's scared s--tless of having to come to Starkville. Or that's my take on it. ;/

I think you give LSU more respect than you should. It's Taz, then everybody else. A few good guys sprinkled in. But pretty bad on talent tright now. Guess we'll see.

maybe.....

the Tide has some talent, (wait to hear Tony Mitchell talked about) with Green, Mitchell, Hillman...........they're just young and we have no big man depth....NONE

we gots ONE 6'8er and ONE 6'9er so we'll be playing small in the 2nd half of the season as they get tired and/or get injured

next year we should contend for the West

maybe.....

the Tide has some talent, (wait to hear Tony Mitchell talked about) with Green, Mitchell, Hillman...........they're just young and we have no big man depth....NONE

we gots ONE 6'8er and ONE 6'9er so we'll be playing small in the 2nd half of the season as they get tired and/or get injured

next year we should contend for the West

We're in the same boat mugg. Trent Johnson trying to build back up what Dale Brown (at the end of his career) and John Brady completely tore down. I like coach Johnson though. No nonsense kind of guy. I've even heard folks say he's kind of Sabanisk(?) in how he operates.

Now that we're what....2 weeks away from SEC play really.....I figure I'd go ahead and throw out there how I think the whole SEC finishes up:

EAST

1. Kentucky

2. Florida

3. Tennessee

4. South Carolina

5. Vanderbilt

6. Georgia

WEST

1. Ole Miss

2. Mississippi State

3. LSU

4. Alabama

5. Auburn

6. Arkansas

I miss being good at basketball.....

I see it more like this, just a few changes:

SEC East

1. Kentucky

2. Tennessee

3. Florida

4. Vanderbilt

5. South Carolina

6. Georgia

SEC West

1. Ole Miss

2. Mississippi State

3. Alabama

4. LSU

5. Arkansas

6. Auburn

If it weren't for Rotnei Clarke....Arkansas would probably be winless right now Shank.

LSU is Mitchell, Bama is Torrence. They're both pretty much 1 trick ponies. LSU's supporting cast is producing more right now, so I give them the nod.

As far as being scared of Starkville....son, we're Kentucky. All of Starkville is scared when we come to town, not the other way around.

As far as being scared of Starkville....son, we're Kentucky. All of Starkville is scared when we come to town, not the other way around.

Isn't it about to be 4 in a row, my good man?

No, as that would imply you'll be winning, which you won't. And when you win 17 in a row on us and reverse the tables, we'll talk.

No, as that would imply you'll be winning, which you won't. And when you win 17 in a row on us and reverse the tables, we'll talk.

Ow. :(

pwned-1.jpg

You and everyone else should know you can't win an argument about basketball w/a Kentucky fan. The level of ownage we have on all of you is absolutely ridiculous.

You and everyone else should know you can't win an argument about basketball w/a Kentucky fan. The level of ownage we have on all of you is absolutely ridiculous.

Well....uh...we have...baseball....?

At any rate, the showdown in Starkville will be awesome.

If it weren't for Rotnei Clarke....Arkansas would probably be winless right now Shank.

LSU is Mitchell, Bama is Torrence. They're both pretty much 1 trick ponies. LSU's supporting cast is producing more right now, so I give them the nod.

They also played the first couple games without 6 players... and their best player should be returning from suspension soon. I think once they get everyone back, they're a better team than Auburn.

Alabama still has JaMychal Green and Senario Hillman as well, plus they've played better competition than LSU to date. I think the coaching is a push, so I've got to give a slight edge to Alabama here. Maybe just a personal opinion.

FWIW, I've now seen every team play at least two games except Auburn (only seen 1).

Fair enough. I thought the players in that rape thing were gone indefinitely for Arkansas. If they come back, then yeah, obviously they'd be better than Auburn. I'm really not sure who's worse between UGA and Auburn though.....that's a push for right now.

I think the tide would be able to contend in the West this year if that had a big man. Thanks to Mark Gottfired for not recruiting anyone worth a dam at that position. He did a decent job at recruiting for all the other positions but no centers in bout 2 years. Unless you count Yamen Colemen and he was horrible at Best. Grant has the tide playing very hard and with some confidence again. Bama will be back just give him some time. RTR

I think everyone, including the media, has over-estimated the Rebs. We are beatable and are prone to be lazy at times. Its like shooting, if we're hot we're tough, but if we have to "create" true offense......we will get beat. I see us being tough at home and lousy on the road.

Personally, I see State winning the West.......

i dont think our sec record will be any better than 12-4, so that should be our ceiling...i like how our ooc lines up and our current beatdown streak of depaul, st bonn, and ucla certainly looks good on paper. i was pissed at the beginning of the season, but our past shows that we hit some bumps in the road and almost always right the ship...our main concern at this point will be securing a decent seed. if we cant get better than 7, i dont like our chances of making the sweet 16, which will be huge for stans future. i think we split with om, possibly bama, with a lsu sweep possible and almost guaranteed sweep of arkansas and auburn. for the first time in a while, i like our chances vs ut, at south carolina will tough, vandy's weird court is tough, kentucky...the mini streak ends, however georgia should be a laugher...

near guaranteed wins....2 vs aub, 2 vs arkansas, 1 vs lsu, 1 vs uga, 1 vs om, 1 vs alabama

probable wins....1 vs lsu, 1 vs alabama, 1 maybe 2 out of usc,vandy,tennessee

will be tough to win....vs florida, vs om, vs kentucky, vs 1 or 2 out of usc, vandy, tennessee

i say 11-5 or 10-6 (L: om,uk,uf,ut,al) in conf...possibly 1 more non conf losses (typical) we would be assuming 11-5...

overall...

so thats 23-8 or 22-9 heading into sec tourney....with but if we play well, we could be 24-7....we would have to have the latter to get the seeding we need so stans ability to maneuver the weak sec west should let us know where we will be.

When they are on, they are one of the better teams in the nation. But they have a way to not play up to their potential in certain games. And the amount of 3's they throw up can be scary at times.

Basically losing to Rider (much more so than a pretty good Richmond team) erased any expectations that I have about this season.

We have a solid squad, but they just have to make sure they are in every game.

At any rate, the showdown in Starkville will be awesome.

If you come within 10 it will be a success.