• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FloridaGator

Georgia hits Brandon Spikes underneath his face mask

39 posts in this topic

You guys can't see that the guy put his hand underneath Spikes face mask? That's illegal and he knew what he was doing.

Spikes was being hit late, his helmet got ripped off twice (one got called). One time he got hit while his helmet was off and the OL hit him in the head on that play also, I think. So, Spikes was fed up with it and took matters in his own hands.

Even if I take this at face value (which I don't), that in no way justifies what Spikes did. Sometimes you have to just say my guy was wrong. It's not like you did it. Some guy you'll never meet did a pretty despicable thing. Don't try and make excuses because there are none that will suffice.

Even if I take this at face value (which I don't), that in no way justifies what Spikes did. Sometimes you have to just say my guy was wrong. It's not like you did it. Some guy you'll never meet did a pretty despicable thing. Don't try and make excuses because there are none that will suffice.

The guy hit him underneath his face mask and that is a personal foul and could get a player kicked out of the game.

Spikes was wrong in what he did but, you weren't out there and neither was I. So, we don't know what all Spikes had to put up with.

It started out as a clean block, Chapas was blocking Spikes at the chest pads. (Legally) but Chapas was trying to push Spikes away from the growing pile behind him, which was clearly pushing him forward and Spikes was trying to go towards the pile, and because Spikes didn't have his helmet strapped on properly his helmet got yanked off.

You guys can't see that the guy put his hand underneath Spikes face mask? That's illegal and he knew what he was doing.

Spikes was being hit late, his helmet got ripped off twice (one got called). One time he got hit while his helmet was off and the OL hit him in the head on that play also, I think. So, Spikes was fed up with it and took matters in his own hands.

Yeah! Next time somebody knocks my cap off I'm gonna feel justified in holding them down and trying to permanently blind them!

If anything, Chapas actually had a really good block on one of the best linebackers in the nation.

Yeah! Next time somebody knocks my cap off I'm gonna feel justified in holding them down and trying to permanently blind them!

Well, I'm sure they won't be ripping at your face trying to get your cap off your head. Big difference.

If anything, Chapas actually had a really good block on one of the best linebackers in the nation.

Yeah, putting his hand right underneath his face mask ripping at his face was a great block.

I understand things get chippy and thats just football but, that should have been a flag on Chapas.

Well, I'm sure they won't be ripping at your face trying to get your cap off your head. Big difference.

There was no ripping at the face. There is a reason only Gator poster's think there was though. :laugh:

Exactly! Brandon Spikes nor any of these other players give two schits what any of us think so stop it with the homerism UF fans. Admit your guy made a dirty play and let it go. You keep trying to justify it, but you're only trying to convince yourselves that it's okay to like your man even after he makes such an awful decision.

There was no ripping at the face. There is a reason only Gator poster's think there was though. :laugh:

I guess Spikes was just acting when he had to come off the field and stayed out for a little while. No he hasn't hit in the face.

Yeah, putting his hand right underneath his face mask ripping at his face was a great block.

I understand things get chippy and thats just football but, that should have been a flag on Chapas.

His hands clearly started at the chest pads, and his and Spikes direction was affected by the pile behind them that was moving forward. I'm sorry if your blue-tinted glasses can't obviously see that.

Gator fans can keep on selling that video, but hardly anybody is buying.

Had Spikes had his chin strap on properly, his helmet would have never come off.

Besides if he needed to retaliate why didn't he do it against the 250lb fullback instead of the 200lb running back.

If Spikes wanted to set an example, all he had to do was lay one of the players out with a legal hit. Spikes is big enough (6'3 258) to smack a RB or TE into the ground. One shoulder to the chest would be good enough to make Georgia stop going after him.

Going after someone's eyes is, in my opinion, what a coward would do. I am in no way justifying what Georgia did, if anything. Both teams played dirty.

If Spikes wanted to set an example, all he had to do was lay one of the players out with a legal hit. Spikes is big enough (6'3 258) to smack a RB or TE into the ground. One shoulder to the chest would be good enough to make Georgia stop going after him.

Going after someone's eyes is, in my opinion, what a coward would do. I am in no way justifying what Georgia did. Both teams played dirty.

Most Logical Post I've seen the past couple of days. :thumpsup:

Had Spikes had his chin strap on properly, his helmet would have never come off.

Besides if he needed to retaliate why didn't he do it against the 250lb fullback instead of the 200lb running back.

Usually, a guys helmet is going to come off when he's hit under the face mask and the opponents hand is pushing up.

Usually, a guys helmet is going to come off when he's hit under the face mask and the opponents hand is pushing up.

You really are reaching arn't you?

Everyone else sees it differently... imagine that...

FAIL. Weaksauce.

This is in no way comparable to what Spikes did. This was at full-speed and doesn't appear to be intentional. Maybe it should have been a flag, but not all personal fouls are egregious (see Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com ;)) and intentional.

I'm not claiming that UGA was totally innocent...it was certainly chippy on the field. But as far as flagrant attempts at bodily harm on Spikes, vids or it didn't happen.

• cocky4ever
      Most people here probably think I love Trump but actually I just think he is the only chance we have to get someone in the office who will steer us off of this unsustainable path. Hillary has supported most attacks on the middle class. She loves NAFTA and supported the TPP. And as Trump pointed out(which I'm amazed hasn't gotten more attention) the only thing that seems good about the past 8 years is actually just an illusion. Once the fed stops unjustifiably propping up the stock market we'll be right back where we started when Obama walked into office, only with a s--t ton more debt. And Hillary wants to carry out the same types of policies. So we have someone who supports horrible policies, is incredibly corrupt, and will assuredly s--t all over the constitution with her Supreme Court nominations.    Trump may may or may not do much better, but he almost certainly couldn't do worse. 
    • jacobp
      As is the Razorback Foundation.   there are more than two, but not money. Any funds directed toward the big three sports from the university are always sent back at the end of the year, usually with an extra $2-3 million attached   
    • TheRealBrave
      UGA has 0 talent at OL. True freshman QB. Possession WR's that cannot catch. Kickers cannot make middle-school level kicks. Half of our secondary are better at being matadors than corners
    • bobbyb0322
      No. Gary Johnson is a pretty successful business man in his own right. I mean, he didn't have daddy's millions to build his business from so he didn't get quite to that level that Trump did having everything given to him.
    • bbqit
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    3. 3
      razorhead
      razorhead
    4. 4