• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HFS

Tate vs Ingram

Better Bama Back?   86 members have voted

1. 1. Better Bama Back?

• Ben Tate
    • Mark Ingram

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic

Obviously Ingram is getting the heisman hype because he has a much better team around him. Take a look at these stats and vote for who is better.

Yards per game:

Ingram-125.5

Tate-118.6

Stats vs common opponents UT, Ark, UK, and OM

Carries:

Ingram-85

Tate-103

Yards:

Ingram-461

Tate-588

Yards per carry:

Ingram-5.4

Tate-5.7

Yards per game:

Ingram-115.3

Tate-147

its a fair comparison...........Tate is good but i think Ingram while he is definitely a strong runner he is a lil more shifty, a lil more agile while Tate might be a lil stronger

you lost McCaleb therefore the extra load for Tate therefore the extra carries, extra yards while the Tide has been dividing the carries btwn Richardson and Upchurch

I see Tate getting heavier with age cuz of his frame which would not be a plus in the league

Tate could go low first but prolly high 2nd with Ingram going a few picks higher

its a fair comparison...........Tate is good but i think Ingram while he is definitely a strong runner he is a lil more shifty, a lil more agile while Tate might be a lil stronger

you lost Caleb therefore the extra load for Tate therefore the extra carries, extra yards while the Tide has been dividing the carries btwn Richardson and Upchurch

I see Tate getting heavier with age cuz of his frame which would not be a plus in the league

Tate could go low first but prolly high 2nd with Ingram going a few picks higher

Truetrue. If you had both of these backs on your team I could only imagine the yards....And im not trying to be a jerk or anything but its McCaleb.

I don't see the point in comparing players. They're both great RB's and both teams are doing better than anyone thought they would.

When it comes to overall stats I would have to say Ingram, but it takes nothing away from what Ben Tate has done. The SEC has some of the best RB's in the nation. The SEC RB's face fast, stout defenses 8 out of 12 weeks. I believe they are better prepared for the Pro's than any Pac 10 or Big 12 RB.

Anthony Dixon and Dexter McCluster are also great RB's. Rainey and Demps for Florida are great RB's. I say Ingram, Tate, McCluster, Dixon, Rainey and Demps all go pro. Sorry if I forgot other RB's in the SEC.

We'll know better after ingram plays against LSU...tate 18 carries 67yds.

I don't see the point in comparing players. They're both great RB's and both teams are doing better than anyone thought they would.

When it comes to overall stats I would have to say Ingram, but it takes nothing away from what Ben Tate has done. The SEC has some of the best RB's in the nation. The SEC RB's face fast, stout defenses 8 out of 12 weeks. I believe they are better prepared for the Pro's than any Pac 10 or Big 12 RB.

Anthony Dixon and Dexter McCluster are also great RB's. Rainey and Demps for Florida are great RB's. I say Ingram, Tate, McCluster, Dixon, Rainey and Demps all go pro. Sorry if I forgot other RB's in the SEC.

I agree. ingram does look better, but you have to remember he has a better team around him... takes alot of the pressure off the run game and your o line is better. where as most of the time they know tates getting the ball.

exactly what I was going to say.. I still think Ingram has a brighter future than Tate, but I believe they'll both be playing on Sundays regardless

but for this polls sake, let's wait til the LSU game to really compare

My opinion Ingram will have a better day than Tate did against LSU Alabama has a better O-line then Auburn.

Ingram. When he's as experienced as Ben Tate, it's not going to be close.

I'd have to give a slight edge to Ingram right now. He catches the ball better out of the backfield, and looks to have a better burst as well. Both guys will be getting paid though so its all good

Bama fans ingram

Auburn fans tate

Simple as that

for most people at least(excuse me pawntiger)

okay.. i know ingram is a great back.. but how can u put tate second or mccluster when dixon is only 3 yards short of ingram's totals.. and dixon was even suspended for a game.. *the easiest game of the season*.. he has the most 100 yard games in the SEC this season.. the only defense that has held him was florida's..but they do that to about everyone.. stat wise..its ingram then dixon.. .. dixon is a beast.. if he was in this same system all 4 yrs.. no telling what he could have done.. mccluster is more of a reggie bush type runningback.. more all purpose than true tailback!!..

tate has more yards..but thats only b/c he has played one more game than dixon or ingram.. dixon and ingram both average more yards a game..plus both have more td's.. and dixon has only had one game where he fumbled since 07 season..and i believe ingram has only one fumble in his career (bama fans can correct me)..

okay.. i know ingram is a great back.. but how can u put tate second or mccluster when dixon is only 3 yards short of ingram's totals.. and dixon was even suspended for a game.. *the easiest game of the season*.. he has the most 100 yard games in the SEC this season.. the only defense that has held him was florida's..but they do that to about everyone.. stat wise..its ingram then dixon.. .. dixon is a beast.. if he was in this same system all 4 yrs.. no telling what he could have done.. mccluster is more of a reggie bush type runningback.. more all purpose than true tailback!!..

read the title of the thread

maybe i should have quoted it..but i was referring to the fella that put ingram, tate, mccluster, then dixon in a row..i wasnt just commented to the thread..my apology!!

maybe i should have quoted it..but i was referring to the fella that put ingram, tate, mccluster, then dixon in a row..i wasnt just commented to the thread..my apology!!

McCluster can be an all purpose back though. When he's on his game he goes over 100 yards every time just like dixon. Difference is McCluster is more shifty and changes directions while Dixon breaks arm tackles and is a bruiser. Dixon is better though, no question

Tate will be a more successful NFL back imo, he can still add some more weight to his frame and runs well at the pad level

Ingram will have a far better college career overall due to the horrid offenses for 2 of Tates years playing.

as of right now, the only reason Tate isnt being mentioned in the Heisman is because Auburn is 6-3.

however i have a feeling a strong performance against UGA and Bama will vault Ben Tate into the conversation but as per usual ESPN will probably pick Colt McCoy/Tebow regardless. I think Ingram benefits from the fact he also gets carries out of the wildcat ala McFadden whereas Ben Tate doesnt

exactly what I was going to say.. I still think Ingram has a brighter future than Tate, but I believe they'll both be playing on Sundays regardless

but for this polls sake, let's wait til the LSU game to really compare

Okay now compare IT"S MARK IGRAM!!!!!!!:thumpsup:

Ingram: 22 carries - 144 yards.

So I guess that means Ingram is better.

They're both great backs. Tate has been huge for Auburn this year. Talk about taking a team and putting them on your shoulders. I don't know of any one player in the SEC that's done more by himself for his team than Tate. Maybe Tebow. Or Dixon. Tate has been awesome this year.

A Bama fan with something positive to say about an opposing player, never thought I'd see the day.

A Bama fan with something positive to say about an opposing player, never thought I'd see the day.

Well, I'm not an irrational person most of the time...unless it comes to Lane Kiffin.

But in seriousness, who else has stepped up on Auburn? Todd? Burns? Fannin? The Defense? No. All of those have been pretty much equivalent of last year. Tate has been the big reason Auburn has succeeded. I can put aside my dislike for Auburn to be reasonable enough to admit that. I think most of us Bama fans can.

• L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
    • bbqit
      https://medium.com/sportspickle/lsu-not-sure-who-to-hire-after-discovering-coach-eric-taylor-is-not-a-real-person-f04ae9f1b3e2#.llqop0a04
    • smokeyone
      If you can't discuss it link it to hitler I guess.
    • TheRealBrave
      I'm not even convinced Chubb is our best option right now if we're going to run into a loaded box up the gut every down with no space... might as well let a smaller back like Herrien do that. Don't know why we don't let Chubb run outside more, it's where he is very dangerous. On Richt, part of the problem is he could only find ways to win tough games when it was too late to matter
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator