• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UA1221

new numbers for rookies...

12 posts in this topic

So... Team number three is going right now, and that's Mississippi State. Dan Mullen is doing his thing at the podium, answering questions about how to get MSU back to Atlanta. He's also mentioned Tim Tebow about 11 times.

Anyway, we just picked up our copy of the Crimson Tide's media guide, and that, coupled with a few other things, answers a few questions. (As a side note, it's a really sweet guide. Four alternative covers, featuring Julio Jones, Javier Arenas, Mike Johnson, and Rolando McClain, and the entire inside was redone. Very cool.)

-- A bunch of players have left the team since the spring, and the official roster reflects four changes. Lineman Evan Cardwell, and linebackers Brandon Fanney, Jennings Hester, and Charlie Kirschman are not on it. All had reportedly been slated for departures before their eligibility ran out.

-- According to a release from the SEC, we now know the TV times for Alabama's first three games. We knew that the Virginia Tech game on Sept. 5 was at 7 p.m. Central. Now, we learn that the Florida International game on Sept. 12 is at 6 p.m. on pay-per-view, and the Sept. 19 game against North Texas is at 11:21 a.m. Central on the SEC Network.

-- If you're a person who enjoys jersey numbers, the roster also features the info on what some freshmen are wearing....

Here's a sample:

WR Kenny Bell -- 7

WR Michael Bowman -- 88

OL D.J. Fluker -- 76

LB Nico Johnson -- 35

DB Dre Kirkpatrick -- 21

QB AJ McCarron -- 10

LB Tana Patrick -- 2

RB Trent Richardson -- 3

Another great LB with the #35. I kinda like TR with the #3 too.

So... Team number three is going right now, and that's Mississippi State. Dan Mullen is doing his thing at the podium, answering questions about how to get MSU back to Atlanta. He's also mentioned Tim Tebow about 11 times.

Anyway, we just picked up our copy of the Crimson Tide's media guide, and that, coupled with a few other things, answers a few questions. (As a side note, it's a really sweet guide. Four alternative covers, featuring Julio Jones, Javier Arenas, Mike Johnson, and Rolando McClain, and the entire inside was redone. Very cool.)

-- A bunch of players have left the team since the spring, and the official roster reflects four changes. Lineman Evan Cardwell, and linebackers Brandon Fanney, Jennings Hester, and Charlie Kirschman are not on it. All had reportedly been slated for departures before their eligibility ran out.

-- According to a release from the SEC, we now know the TV times for Alabama's first three games. We knew that the Virginia Tech game on Sept. 5 was at 7 p.m. Central. Now, we learn that the Florida International game on Sept. 12 is at 6 p.m. on pay-per-view, and the Sept. 19 game against North Texas is at 11:21 a.m. Central on the SEC Network.

-- If you're a person who enjoys jersey numbers, the roster also features the info on what some freshmen are wearing....

Here's a sample:

WR Kenny Bell -- 7

WR Michael Bowman -- 88

OL D.J. Fluker -- 76

LB Nico Johnson -- 35

DB Dre Kirkpatrick -- 21

QB AJ McCarron -- 10

LB Tana Patrick -- 2

RB Trent Richardson -- 3

Sweet! I love seeing the new freshmen jersey numbers.

Nico wearing 35...the next DeMeco? ;)

From another board...(not sure how accurate it is. This one says Nico is 36, not 35)

Rod Woodson #18

Dre Kirkpatrick #21

Mike Marrow #33

Nico Johnson #36

Petey Smith #38

Ed Stinson #47

Jonathan Atchison #49

William Ming #56

Brandon Moore #59

Anthony Steen #61

Kellen Williams #63

Darius McKeller #70

D.J. Fluker #76

Kendall Kelly #81

Kevin Norwood #83

Michael Bowman #88

Chris Bonds #93

Jeremy Shelley #94

Phelon Jones #26

Eddie Lacy #42

Darrington Sentimore #94

Here is the complete list per Gentry Estes:

LB Jonathan Atchison ... 49

WR Kenny Bell ... 7

DL Chris Bonds ... 93

WR Mike Bowman ... 88

OL D.J. Fluker ... 76

LB Nico Johnson ... 35

DB Phelon Jones ... 26 (Sophomore transfer)

WR Kendall Kelly ... 81

DB Dre Kirkpatrick ... 21

RB Eddie Lacy ... 42

RB Mike Marrow ... 33

QB AJ McCarron ... 10

OL Darius McKeller ... 70

DL William Ming ... 56

DL Brandon Moore ... 59

WR Kevin Norwood ... 83

LB Tana Patrick ... 2

RB Trent Richardson ... 3

DL Darrington Sentimore ... 94

LB Petey Smith ... 38

OL/DL Anthony Steen ... 61

LB/DL Ed Stinson ... 47

OL Chance Warmack ... 65 (enrolled in spring)

OL Kellen Williams ... 63

DB Rod Woodson ... 18

btw....any more duplicate numbers with these ? ?? ? like last years ??? i dont think there is ....but i'm just giving it a once over

Awesome! I want that media guide. I have yet to watch the Dan Mullen press conference. Anxious to hear what he has to say. Unlike some other first year coaches, he's been relatively quiet in his approach.

Thankfully, I think there is only one duplicate number. Star Jackson and Tana Patrick both wear No. 2.

Last year it seemed like half the incoming class wore duplicate numbers.

Thankfully, I think there is only one duplicate number. Star Jackson and Tana Patrick both wear No. 2.

Last year it seemed like half the incoming class wore duplicate numbers.

exactly lol ... HELL everyone kept thinking Rogers was Julio lol .... 2 8's 2 4's etc .... it was confusing to people who didn't pay attention ... Maze and Barron ... I know what you mean .... alot of those people might have been promised those numbers though....they say that has alot to do with recruiting now ....

• Titans4Vols
      Yeah, Jancek's famous man to man defense with no blitz on 3rd and 4th down.
    • Based Potato
      Lord knows that was the gameplan last year.
    • Titans4Vols
      Shoop knows how to cover it up with his blitzes, and with Martin out our secondary isn't too bad. We've got two good safeties and the corners are passable sans-Martin(who himself isn't as bad as he showed yesterday, but still isn't good).   Plus a big bonus is Georgia WRs have no idea how to catch a football, so we could probably leave them uncovered and still be ok.
    • Based Potato
      Eh, don't overrate the defensive performance. Our secondary is a liability.
    • Titans4Vols
      Eason(who I do think has a lot of potential, but he's just too inexperienced) won't be able to do anything against a Bob Shoop defense, so as long as DeBord gets his s**t together, we should win this game with ease. It being in Georgia is my only big concern. Will be the first time we've left the state of Tennessee this year, and first time not in front of a majority Tennessee crowd(Bristol was probably 65-35 Tennessee/Va Tech fans).
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma