Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4MSU2007

2010 Baseball Commitments

15 posts in this topic

Garrett Pitts- Middle Infielder from Fairhope(AL) High School. As a freshman he hit .358 and played SS and 2nd base. He has always been a Bulldog fan and most of his family has went to school at State. Also he was our first commit for the class of 2010!

James McMahon- Pitcher and 3rd base from Oak Grove High School. He just started pitching this year and he is hitting 88-91 on a regular bases. He has toped out at 94. We are going to use him at 3rd base and maybe a closer type.He is also the QB for oak Grove. With this commitment maybe he will help us out with the football trio from Oak Grove!

My high school is in Oak Grove's division so we play they regularly... that 3rd baseman is good.

Chase Lewallen- Middle Infielder from Sumrall Middle & HS

(Sumrall, MS). He holds offeres from Ole Miss, Flordia State, Oklahoma State, and USM. From what i heard Sumrall is the #1 team in Mississippi. he is batting .486 and 26 stolen bases and only 2 errors in 24 games.

C.T. Bradford- Outfielder from Pace HS

(Pace, FL). His father played for MSU in 82 and 83. He is getting alot of intrest from teams like LSU, Auburn, Clemson, Miami, and FSU. His average right now is .511 with 13 stolen bases in 16 games.

if we can keep this up, we'll be playing for championships soon...

Adam Frazier - SS/2B from Bishop, Ga. Frazier hit .510 with 17 doubles, 27 RBIs and had 19 stolen bases. Frazier also struck out just twice in 122 at-bats. He could be one of the top players in GA next season. He had offers from FSU, Tenn, UGA and UAB.

Evan Mitchell- RHP from Marietta, Ga. He missed most of last season with a rib injury. He tops out at 91 mph but throws his fastball in the 87-88 mph range. He holds offers from Navy, The Citadel, and Goergetown.

Taylor Stark-INF but could turn Outfield. He has reported a 6.5 sixty-yard dash. He was picked to play in the East Coast Pro Showcase that is ran by MLB scouts. Only 150-160 players are invited to this event. As stated he could turn into a outfielder bc we have 4 middle INF committed already at this time.

Corey Dickerson- Juco Outfielder from Meridian Community College. By all accounts this guy could be a JUCO All-American to start the season. He hit for an .381 avg 21 doubles, 5 triples, 15 HRs and knocked in 54 RBI's. He was drafted in the 29th round by the Rockies this year and worked out with them this week. He could sign with them but i think he goes back to MCC. He will be drafted higher next season which may take him away from State. We will have to see.

Demarcus Henderson- SS from Wayne County HS. He was also selected to play for Padres in the East Coast Pro showcase along with two other MSU commits (Chase Lewallen and Taylor Stark.) PGcrosschecker.com has rated him as the 138th overall prospect and 2nd best overall prospect in the state of Mississippi. He said it would take him getting drafted in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft to leave MSU.

Wes Rea-P/DH/1B from Harrison Central High School. As you all know he was also a guy we were recruiting in football. Im not sure if he is going to play just baseball or both in college but its still a good pick up. From everything i have read he throws in the low 90's and has a pretty good bat as well.

nice...i hope he plays football even though judging by his comments im not sure he will...i mean he is a 4* guard and we need some talented OL...

Brett Bozeman- Cather from Santa Fe Fl CC. He has a pop time of 1.8 and only struck out 19 times last season. He also threw out 22-49 runners trying to steal last season. He hit for a .317 BA and had 38 RBI's as a true freshman. He has only been play cather for 2 years i beleive.

Ross Mitchell - LHP from Murfeesboro Tn. He was 9-1 with a 2.48 era last season. He is in the top 100 prospects in Tn and was selected to the 2009 TBCA showcase which is held in from of several scouts.

Word is Darryl Norris from Alabama has committed to play for John Cohen and the Bulldogs. Great pickup if true. This class was looking very unspectacular.. but if we just get a couple of decent arms, we'll be fine.

Garrett Pitts- Middle Infielder from Fairhope(AL) High School. As a freshman he hit .358 and played SS and 2nd base. He has always been a Bulldog fan and most of his family has went to school at State. Also he was our first commit for the class of 2010!

I have played against this kid the past 2 summers. He is the real deal. Good SS, and can stroke the ball. Much respect for him as a player

Hello...........

Tyler Jones entered his sophomore year at Madison College, formerly Madison Area Technical College, hoping to take the next step this spring in a promising baseball career.

But even Jones, a Milwaukee native and 2008 Milwaukee Marquette High School graduate, is amazed at what has happened over the last six months.

Following a successful sophomore season, which included a trip to the National Junior College World Series, Jones was selected by the Chicago White Sox in the 21st round of the 2010 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft in June.

But that was just the beginning for the 6-foot-4, 205-pound right-hander.

Jones has spent the summer pitching for the Madison Mallards in the Northwoods League where he has posted a 4-4 record and 2.13 earned run average in 13 games, including eight starts. He has 34 strikeouts in 55 innings and allowed just seven extra base hits.

"I'm getting a lot of movement on my ball and teams are hitting it into the ground," said Jones, whose fast ball was clocked consistently in the low 90s and had 12 ground ball outs in six innings during a 7-0 victory over the Eau Claire Express on Aug. 6.

"I met with the Dan Durst of White Sox right after I was drafted. They offered and I counter-offered and they said if I wanted that kind of money I would have to pitch for the Mallards the rest of the summer and do well," Jones said. "Kind of lucky for me, I did that."

The deadline for draft choices to sign is Aug. 15 or they return to the free agent pool.

Edited by Delela