• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AuburnandGamecockGirl

Vols DT McDaniel pleads guilty to assault

35 posts in this topic

I say boot him!! :mad:

Naw, a two game suspension is much better for a guy who single handedly collapsed a guy's face forcing him to have to live with an inserted metal plate for the rest of his life.

Naw, a two game suspension is much better for a guy who single handedly collapsed a guy's face forcing him to have to live with an inserted metal plate for the rest of his life.

I agree. I haven't heard any announcement, but the word is he'll get 2-3 games. That is a shame. One season plus the successful completion of an anger management program should be the minimum requirement before returning to football.

Here's what the article says.

McDaniel, suspended since the incident, will be allowed to return to the team, but coach Phillip Fulmer announced that McDaniel will have to sit out the first two games of the season, complete community service, attend anger management counseling and abide by a curfew for the

fall semester.

Here's what the article says.

Sorry, I thought that it was an article that I had read before so I only glanced at it. :o

There is no defense for the action that T.McDaniel took on the basketball court. A two game suspension seems like the wrong message to send to the team, university, and all the fans of UT football. That being said, there are a few things that needed to be pointed out. McDaniel is on the hook for all of the young mans medical bills. Also, for the charge to be lowered from a felony to a misdemenor, the young man had to sign off on it. He did. Tony, by many accounts from people over at UT is a good kid who did something very wrong. He has no prior record and nobody at UT had ever reported a problem concerning Tony before. I do not think Tony is a thug, but a stiffer punishment seems appropiate.

Sorry, I thought that it was an article that I had read before so I only glanced at it. :o

Damn Nando, get your s%$t together!!

6-7 and 295.... that's like getting run over by a bus....must be more to it than we know or I'm sure someone getting metals plates in their face would not let him off so easily.

There is no defense for the action that T.McDaniel took on the basketball court. A two game suspension seems like the wrong message to send to the team, university, and all the fans of UT football. That being said, there are a few things that needed to be pointed out. McDaniel is on the hook for all of the young mans medical bills. Also, for the charge to be lowered from a felony to a misdemenor, the young man had to sign off on it. He did. Tony, by many accounts from people over at UT is a good kid who did something very wrong. He has no prior record and nobody at UT had ever reported a problem concerning Tony before. I do not think Tony is a thug, but a stiffer punishment seems appropiate.

This is not a ut bashing post but the wrong message is being sent from Fullmer. He talks about cleaning up his program and how embarassed he, the players, and fans are concerning all the off season trouble. When given a chance to actually DO something about it, he resorts to using the Bobby Bowden method of punishment. Make no mistake, what McDaniel did was horriffic and premeditated. I have it from an excellent source that he told the victim that one more foul and he would be punched. I am not advocating the end of this young man's career, merely an end to his 2005 season. I would feel the same if it were a Bama player. Those that know me can tell you that I have a real distain for thuggish players or players that commit thuggish acts. Sometimes it is time to take out the trash. RTR

you're right superg....with all of the negative publicity the SEC schools are getting this does seem light.

Make no mistake, what McDaniel did was horriffic and premeditated. I have it from an excellent source that he told the victim that one more foul and he would be punched.

I have heard conflicting reports. Supposedly, McDaniel was getting hacked pretty hard by quite a few people. I've heard that he told the whole group that he would get whoever fouled him next and I have heard that he told the victim specificly that he would get him if another hack occured. It has also been mentioned that the victim was running his mouth and egging it on. None of this makes it right for McDaniel to do what he did. And please do not compare what Fulmer did to Bowden, Bobby would have never suspended him for the Florida game.

My money is on that Tony will make a sizable donation to the victim once he begins his pro career. Just a hunch

This article answers a few questions.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050731/SPORTS0601/50731001

I have heard conflicting reports. Supposedly, McDaniel was getting hacked pretty hard by quite a few people. I've heard that he told the whole group that he would get whoever fouled him next and I have heard that he told the victim specificly that he would get him if another hack occured. It has also been mentioned that the victim was running his mouth and egging it on. None of this makes it right for McDaniel to do what he did. And please do not compare what Fulmer did to Bowden, Bobby would have never suspended him for the Florida game.

My money is on that Tony will make a sizable donation to the victim once he begins his pro career. Just a hunch

You're right. Bowden wouldn't have suspended him for the Florida game but he wouldn't have pulled any retroactive suspension crap like Tennessee did. Also, my money is that Tony will be forking over tons of cash now and later through alwsuit and not in the form of any donation.

You're right. Bowden wouldn't have suspended him for the Florida game but he wouldn't have pulled any retroactive suspension crap like Tennessee did. Also, my money is that Tony will be forking over tons of cash now and later through alwsuit and not in the form of any donation.

I am as embarrassed by the punishment as I am by the crime. :o

I am as embarrassed by the punishment as I am by the crime. :o

I would be, that guy needs to be kicked off the team.I wouldn't want players like that on my team. :D

This article does raise some questions. It seems I was wrong earlier in the thread when I said the victim would sign off on the deal. He was never involved in that decision. Again, do not think I condone McDaniel's actions in this, but look at this part of the story.

The incident was caught on a video surveillance tape at UT’s recreation center, and Goodrich has seen the tape. He said several other football players were also playing in the game and that some of them were milling around laughing following the punch and while he lay unconscious on the court.

How exactly does Goodrich know what is happening when he is unconscious? There was nothing in the video to support his claim of football players laughing at him in the video and nobody that was there would attest to players doing what he said happened. I understand Goodrich has plenty of reason to be PO'd, but it seems as if he is doing his best to drum up sympathy. He will have his chance at revenge as he is going to file a cival suit.

This article does raise some questions. It seems I was wrong earlier in the thread when I said the victim would sign off on the deal. He was never involved in that decision. Again, do not think I condone McDaniel's actions in this, but look at this part of the story.

The incident was caught on a video surveillance tape at UT’s recreation center, and Goodrich has seen the tape. He said several other football players were also playing in the game and that some of them were milling around laughing following the punch and while he lay unconscious on the court.

How exactly does Goodrich know what is happening when he is unconscious? There was nothing in the video to support his claim of football players laughing at him in the video and nobody that was there would attest to players doing what he said happened. I understand Goodrich has plenty of reason to be PO'd, but it seems as if he is doing his best to drum up sympathy. He will have his chance at revenge as he is going to file a cival suit.

\

Has the tape been made public?

I have not seen the video so I cannot speak first hand what is on it. I could be wrong but I doubt if McDaniel would play this season if he were not a starter and very good. I feel comfortable in saying that most coaches in the SEC would have booted him for the year. I hope that he learns from this and that this is the last time he gets in trouble. I am tired of the bad news and having to read police blotters to get my sports news. RTR

How exactly does Goodrich know what is happening when he is unconscious? There was nothing in the video to support his claim of football players laughing at him in the video and nobody that was there would attest to players doing what he said happened.

Have you seen the video and if so can you point the rest of us to it? I find it very, very likely that a bunch of football players would laugh if one of their friends knocked the block off some other guy but that's just what I know of people in general that hang out in cliques.

Have you seen the video and if so can you point the rest of us to it? I find it very, very likely that a bunch of football players would laugh if one of their friends knocked the block off some other guy but that's just what I know of people in general that hang out in cliques.

The Video is not available to the public and I have not seen it. I am using Tony McDaniel's attorney for the bit about the video not showing the football players laughing or having any one of the witness attest to what the vicitim is claiming. I'll dig aroung and see if I can find an article to back this up.

The retro-suspension and two game suspension is very light. If you are going to go that route, then I think a minimum of half the season should be the suspension for Mr.McDaniel. Like I have said before, McDaniel has been a positive for the UT football team, until this incident. His grades are good and he has no prior record or part of any incidents while at UT. Why couldn't half the season be a fair enough price for Tony to learn to not hit anybody? In a way, it is probably good for Goodrich that McDaniel is only gone for two games. If McDaniel has a good enough season, he will go pro. Goodrich can extract his pound of flesh with the settlement he will get in his civil suit.

Could ya'll get Jesse arrested before we have our game?? Thanks!

:P

Even if he gets arrested, you know he is gonna play against ya'll. We are just suspending players for our easy games against UAB and UF. No wait a minute, UAB is tough. :D

Even if he gets arrested, you know he is gonna play against ya'll. We are just suspending players for our easy games against UAB and UF. No wait a minute, UAB is tough. :D

That's okay. I've heard that we are going up to Angola and get a few dudes to play just for the Tennessee game. We want it to be fair! (Oh, and knives, guns, and chains are allowed on the line, right?!?)

:D