• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

Forbes Top College Towns

22 posts in this topic

B.S. list. 50% of those towns are in the Big Televen. Proof again most journalists don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

I call BS on all of the schools on that list that aren't in the south. No environment up north can compare to the South's.

Guys... did you even read the articles?? The school had very little to do with anything. Chill out! There is no right or wrong answer anyway!

It's based on income and home value. The school or fans have nothing to do with it. Besides there isn't one town on that list I'd want to live in.

Exactly. Read the article, and then post folks before spouting off. Lexington is a great place to live and extremely affordable.

Chapel Hill and Palo Alto are probably the only two on the list I'd consider (not that they're high on my list either), but I don't really have a problem with any of the others making the list.

Exactly. Read the article, and then post folks before spouting off. Lexington is a great place to live and extremely affordable.

I read the article and it's still B.S. If it's based on finance and affordability and not the athletics then the list is wrong. You can't say Nashville, Knoxville and Boise are top 10 in America over all and then leave them off college sports town if it has nothing to do with sports. If it is dealing with sports and not financing the list is crap with 50% being the Big Televen.

Chapel Hill and Palo Alto are probably the only two on the list I'd consider (not that they're high on my list either), but I don't really have a problem with any of the others making the list.

Choosing from that list I would only live in Lexington (favorite city maybe in all of U.S.) and maybe Madison (never been there but heard all about it). The others I have been to and no thanks.

Charlottesville is a really nice town. My sister-in-law lives there. Kinda boring but really pretty and upscale.

I honestly do not see what the price of a 4 bedroom home means in regards to "best college town." Most college students rent, not own, so that is completely meaningless. Yet that seems to be one of their primary factors in consideration. When I think "best college town" I think of the following:

Affordable living

Young median age

Relatively close to big cities/attractions

Cheap bars

Quality nightlife

Good weather

Fitness level (yes, that's right.... nobody likes a college town where everyone is fat)

I mean really.... Ann Arbor, MI? I can think of reasons why Starkville, MS is better.

I honestly do not see what the price of a 4 bedroom home means in regards to "best college town."

Bingo. The name "Top College Sports Towns" is a real misnomer.

D^3 I can think of even more than that for Bowling Green which is all young people and right in between Louisville and Nashville. Plus it's a Top 25 all time basketball program.

lol Bowling Green is NOT a better place to live than Lexington......

For what it's worth... my cousin wasn't much of a fan of Lexington when he was going to school there.

I was born here so it's fine by me. But this list is strictly about and for folks who may be considering moving to a college town. Some people want to live in a big city, some want a tiny holler. Some want a college town. This isn't about going to that college. This isn't about that school's sports teams. Why can't you people get that through your #(*#$ head? And Lexington is a great place to raise a family. Period. That's all they're saying. Why do I even post this stuff.....there's always going to be one jackass......

I was born here so it's fine by me. But this list is strictly about and for folks who may be considering moving to a college town. Some people want to live in a big city, some want a tiny holler. Some want a college town. This isn't about going to that college. This isn't about that school's sports teams. Why can't you people get that through your #(*#$ head? And Lexington is a great place to raise a family. Period. That's all they're saying. Why do I even post this stuff.....there's always going to be one jackass......

??? You should lighten up.

I wasn't aiming that at you. Just pissed off that I knew, before posting, that I would get the moronic "Lexington isn't this, Ann-Arbor isn't that....our town is better." crap from people who didn't bother to actually take the time to see what it was ACTUALLY about. And yet, I posted it anyway.

I saw a different list of this somewhere? Bloomington was as high as #2 and Gainesville was #9. Those are the only two I can remember though because I live in Gainesville, and used to live in Indy and have relatives that went IU. I can't believe IU was that high. Went there a couple times for basketball camps and stuff and was not at all impressed.

Stop blazing so much before reading the board. I was referring to Ann Arbor.