USC's Current Commits:

#43 3-Star WR Kenny McKinley

NR 3-Star K Ryan Succop

NR 3-Star WR Freddie Brown

NR 3-Star DE Nathan Pepper

#40 3-Star S Damien Wright

NR 2-Star QB Mychal Belcher

NR 2-Star TB Bobby Wallace

As I find out more info, I'll pass it on.

Its definatly looking like a really good recruiting class for SC is things continue to shape up. Its like I said before top coaches bring top recruits and thats what Spurrier is doing up there it looks like.

Its definatly looking like a really good recruiting class for SC is things continue to shape up. Its like I said before top coaches bring top recruits and thats what Spurrier is doing up there it looks like.

If he can bring those TOP-TIER recruits in, that would be great! I think he will bring in a few of them though. Overall, a solid class so far.

QB Tommy Beecher (6-2 200) of Concord, NC will make an official visit to USC in January. Beecher was contacted by Gamecock head coach Steve Spurrier last week and set a January 7th visit. He has not been offered by USC. Beecher has an offer from Richmond and wil visit the Spiders January 14th. He is also drawing interest from Army. Beecher has led his team to the 3A state championship game with back to back come from behind victories. Two games ago he threw a game winning touchdown pass on the final play of the game. This past Friday he led his team back from a 20-0 deficit with five minutes to play. This season Beecher has passed for over 3600 yards and 41 touchdowns. As a junior he passed for 2700 yards and 28 touchdowns.

USC football coach Steve Spurrier is preparing to host his first official visits this weekend, and scheduled to be among them is DB Knowledge Thomas (5-11 175) of York, PA. Thomas has already visited Boston College and Maryland. He also plans to vist NC State. Maryland is his current leader. Thomas has offers from USC, Boston College, Penn State, Maryland, West Virginia, NC State, Minnesota, Connecticut and Indiana. USC is also scheduled to have visits from three junior college prospects but it's not certain they will be brought in this weekend at this point. Scheduled to visit are WR Kerry Reed (6-2 198) of Coffeyville, KS, DB Mike West (6-2 215) of Butler, KS and OL Marcus Gordon (6-6 320) of Highland, KS.

We Need A Qb Talk To Me About Qbs

QB Levi Brown (6-4 212) of Mount Juliet High School in Mount Juliet, Tennessee will officially visit South Carolina this weekend. Brown is a dropback passer with a big arm, according to his coach David Crawford. "He can stand back there and sling it," Crawford said. "He can run if he has to as well. But he doesn't juke, he'll just lower his shoulder." Brown suffered a deep bone bruise in his right knee during the sixth week of the season. Crawford attributes that to the reason many schools have shyed away. Brown has scored a 4.0 GPA and will graduate this December. He will look to enroll in a school in January. Ole Miss, Kentucky and Richmond are the other schools after Brown. But Crawford says Brown is impressed with USC. "He really liked the way Steve Spurrier Jr. came in and talked to him," Crawford said. "He was real impressed with that. So that's why he's gonna visit." So far no schools have offered Brown, including the Gamecocks.

QB Lee Sweeney (6-4 215) of Frienship Christian School in Lebanon, Tennessee is showing interest in South Carolina. According to his coach, John Mcneal, film has been sent of Sweeney to the USC coaches. Mcneal said that he has spoken with USC assistant coach Rick Stockstill on several occasions, and that they are in the process of reviewing that film. Sweeney finished with 2,819 yards, 30 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions this past season. He also rushed 68 times for 301 yards and 13 touchdowns.

"He broke all of our school records last year," Mcneal said. "Then he turned around and broke all of 'em again this year." Sweeney has been offered by Hawaii, Kentucky, Texas Tech, Kansas, and UConn. He will take an official visit to Connecticut this weekend and plans to visit Hawaii either next weekend or after the first of the year.

WR Jeron Harvey (6-5 210) of Dodge City JC in Kansas is waiting on USC head coach Steve Spurrier to offer. According to Dodge City recruiting coordinator Andy Siegal, film has been sent to the USC staff and they are expecting word sometime today with an offer. Harvey was second in the nation in receiving yards this past year. Harvey sports a 42 inch vertical leap and a 4.5 forty. Originally from Jacksonville, he will have three years to play three.

He is also considering Louisiana Tech, Houston, Ball State, and Middle Tennessee State.

Not a shabby list of qb recruits there

Nope...not bad at all!

QB Lee Sweeney (6-4 215) of Frienship Christian School in Lebanon, Tennessee is showing interest in South Carolina. According to his coach, John Mcneal, film has been sent of Sweeney to the USC coaches. Mcneal said that he has spoken with USC assistant coach Rick Stockstill on several occasions, and that they are in the process of reviewing that film. Sweeney finished with 2,819 yards, 30 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions this past season. He also rushed 68 times for 301 yards and 13 touchdowns.

"He broke all of our school records last year," Mcneal said. "Then he turned around and broke all of 'em again this year." Sweeney has been offered by Hawaii, Kentucky, Texas Tech, Kansas, and UConn. He will take an official visit to Connecticut this weekend and plans to visit Hawaii either next weekend or after the first of the year.

You know that if Hawaii is looking at this kid, he can obviously throw the ball pretty good! That's all the Rainbow do is throw the ball.

WR Kerry Reed (6-2 198) of Coffeyville JC, KS will make his official visit to USC this weekend. Reed is expected to arrive in Columbia Friday night. He has also visited Texas A&M and Mississippi State. Florida State is also a possible visit. Reed is the fifth confirmed official visit for USC. The others are DB Brandon Isaac of Georgia Military JC, DB Mike West of Butler County JC, KS, DB Knowledge Timmons of York, PA and QB Levi Brown of Mount Juliet, TN. Clemson has no official visits scheduled for this weekend.

Bobby Wallace TB for the South in the Shrine Bowl won South Offensive MVP. He had 11 carries for 83 yards (led all rushers), and 3 receptions for 30 yards for the South (led the South), for 1 TD.

Bobby Wallace is committed USC. (He was Spurrier's first commitment.)

DB Brandon Isaac (6-2 185) of Georgia Military JC and DB Mike West (6-2 215) of Butler County JC, KS committed to USC over the weekend during their official visits according to Isaac. USC is waiting on decisions from WR Kerry Reed (6-2 198) of Coffeyville JC, KS and DB Knowledge Timmons (5-11 175) of York, PA who also visited over the weekend. A fifth visitor, QB Levi Brown (6-4 212) of Mount Juliet, TN has not yet been offered by the Gamecocks. Isaac also had offers from Utah, Memphis, Marshall and UNLV and is glad to have his decision made. "It relieves me some from all the recruiting," he said. "I can now focus on what I can do. It feels good to be a Gamecock. They lost three seniors in the secondary so it's open right now. I have the opportunity to come in and play right away at free safety." Isaac said his host for the visit was Tremaine Tyler. Isaac is a product of Blackville-Hilda. He will graduate in March and hopes to enroll in school then. He will have three years to play two. This season he had 25 tackles and 1 interception.

USC's Current Commits:

(As of 12/12/04)

#43 3-Star WR Kenny McKinley

NR 3-Star K Ryan Succop

NR 3-Star WR Freddie Brown

NR 3-Star DE Nathan Pepper

#40 3-Star S Damien Wright

NR 2-Star QB Mychal Belcher

NR 2-Star TB Bobby Wallace

NR 4-Star WR Kerry Reed

NR 4-Star S Mike West

NR 4-Star S Brandon Isaac

A new prospect wants to play for USC. He came in clean under the radar.

3-Star DT/DE Jarriel King 6-6, 270 lbs.

OL Prospect Will Bergen wasn't too happy to know that the coach that was recruiting him was NOT present at the university (Pitt) when he had a scheduled visit. He is now considering USC as his top choice.

3-Star OL Will Bergen 6-4, 265 lbs. 4.9/40

DB Josh Walker (6-2 180) of Tampa has set an official visit to USC for January 14th. He will also visit Syracuse on the 21st. Those are his only two visits right now. He also has offers from Iowa State, NC State, Maryland, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Florida, West Virginia and Ball State. Walker says USC currently leads. "I like South Carolina a lot," he said. "They lost some senior DBs this year. I'd have a chance to play early there." Walker's team lost in the state championship game Saturday. For the season he had 60 tackles with 5 interceptions and 4 sacks. He can play either safety position.

QB Jonathan Garner (6-4 205) of Daytona Beach, FL was scheduled to visit Michigan over the weekend but he canceled that visit. "They had a quarterback commit so it made it easier for me to eliminate them from the process," he said. Garner will visit USC January 7th, Florida January 14th and Ole Miss January 21st. "I'm still a Florida commitment," Garner said.

USC's new coaching staff has yet to make contact withi DB Gary Riggs (6-3 200) of Jennings, LA. Riggs was a hotly pursued prospect by former Gamecock recruiter Dave Roberts. He is scheduled to visit USC January 14th and Ole Miss January 21st, but with both staffs in transition, he's not heard from either in a few weeks. He has not set any other visits. He also has offers from Louisiana-Monroe, Tulane, Louisiana Tech and McNeese State.

USC and Ole Miss were the two favorites of DL Justin Fulmer (6-5 280) of Sterling, LA but with both going through coaching changes, he has not been contacted by either. So, Fulmer committed recently to Louisiana Monroe with the idea he'll still keep his options open for the larger programs. Fulmer is scheduled to visit USC January 14th and Ole Miss January 21st but those visits are tentative at this time. Fulmer finished the season with 64 tackles, 22 for losses, 6 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries.

Brown Enjoyed USC Visit

By Michael Haney

QB Levi Brown (6-4 212) of Mount Juliet, TN enjoyed his official visit to South Carolina this past weekend. "It was a very good weekend for Levi and his family," Mount Juliet head coach Dave Crawford said. "Anytime you get to meet with a coach the caliber of Steve Spurrier it's pretty good." Crawford said Brown is very interested in the Gamecocks, though no official offer has been made. Brown has scored a 4.0 GPA, and according to Crawford the Gamecocks might pursue an academic scholarship for him. Brown will graduate early and can enroll in the spring. Brown did receive an offer from Richmond over the weekend and the Spiders want him to make an official visit there this coming weekend. However, he also has a visit set to Kentucky, so he is unsure where he will go this weekend. Brown has been in contact with Ole Miss and Kentucky, but neither schools have offered.

RB Mike Ford (6-2 205) of Sarasota, FL said he will make an official visit to USC in January, probably on the 14th. He will also visit Auburn, most likely on the 21st, and he plans to visit Michigan State. Those three have offered along with Pittsburgh, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky and Rutgers. He has also been getting some recent interest from Florida, Miami and Florida State. Ford ruhed for 2836 yards and 37 touchdowns this season, and had 15 other touchdowns called back.

Maryland Commit Plans USC Visit

RB Brandyn Young (6-0 195) of Tucker, GA has been committed to Maryland but he has scheduled an official visit to USC for January 7th. Young has offers from USC, Maryland, Oklahoma, North Carolina and Oklahoma State. He's also getting interest from Georgia Tech and Mississippi State.

Stull Might Set USC Visit

QB Bill Stull (6-3 194) of Pittsburgh is drawing some interest from USC but has not been offered. He will meet at his school this week with Gamecock recruiter John Latina and he might set an official visit. Stull visited Kentucky December 10th and will visit Maryland this weekend. Those two have offered along with Wisconsin, Indiana and some MAC schools. He's also drawing interest from Ole Miss and a recruiter from that school is to be in his home Tuesday. Stull is a pocket passer with a strong arm. He passed for 3310 yards and 40 touchdowns this season.

LB Gregory Hardy (6-0 215) of Memphis won the 4A Mr. Football Award in Tennessee this season after totaling 160 tackles and 8 sacks. He has scheduled three official visits...Tennessee State January 7th, USC on the 14th and Central Arkansas on the 21st. He has offers from Memphis and Tennessee State. He also plans to set a visit with Memphis. He says USC and Memphis are his two favorites right now.

USC Offers Beecher

Last weekend was a big one for QB Tommy Beecher (6-2 200) of Concord, NC. First, he led his team to their first state championship in 75 years. Then, he received an official scholarship offer from USC football coach Steve Spurrier. According to Beecher's father, Spurrier made the offer on Saturday. Spurrier will make an in home visit with Beecher Wednesday night and might be in position to pull in his first quarterback commitment as the Gamecocks' head coach. Beecher also has an offer from Richmond. Beecher finished the season with nearly 3700 passing yards and 42 touchdowns. He is scheduled to visit USC January 7th and Richmond January 14th.

USC is one of the three finalists for WR O.J. Murdock (6-0 179) of Tampa, and though he's reluctant to identify a leader, the Gamecocks are strong with him. "South Carolina is very high on my list," he said. "I feel really wide open though. I like it that way." USC recruiter David Reaves will be at Murdock's school Wednesday and head coach Steve Spurrier will make his in home visit January 3rd. Murdock will visit Florida January 7th and USC on the 14th. Miami will be his other official visit. Murdock caught 56 passes for 900 yards and 7 touchdowns this season. And yes, his initials do stand for Orenthal James, as in O.J. Simpson.

LB Marvin Sapp (6-1 210) of Jacksonville, FL has been committed to Georgia Tech since September but he will take two official visits in January. He will see Maryland January 7th and USC on the 14th. He visited Tech in September. "The visits will help me with my position with Georgia Tech or help me make sujre I make the right decision," Sapp said. He is down to a final three of USC, Georgia Tech and Maryland. He says he remains committed to Tech as he makes these other visits. Sapp had 150 tackles with 3 sacks, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries this season.