• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.
The Joker

USC Recruiting News

16,235 posts in this topic

According to what I have heard, USC's Athletics Dept. phones have been ringing off the hook with recruits now wanting to come to USC since Spurrier has been linked to the HC job.

The #1 nationally ranked WR Derrick Williams (Rivals, PrepStar, SuperPrep, TheInsiders) has stated that he would be willing to de-commit and listen to what Mr. Spurrier had to say if Mr. Spurrier is interested.

To which team was he committed?

He has given Florida a verbal commitment.

I am sure you also heard that Notre Dame commitment, Martin Frierson, a receiver from Irmo, had earlier expressed an interest in playing for Spurrier, "wherever he coached."

I am sure you also heard that Notre Dame commitment, Martin Frierson, a receiver from Irmo, had earlier expressed an interest in playing for Spurrier, "wherever he coached."

I heard about that the other day.

Now he is back on the recruiting market since the announcement of Ty Willingham's termination. Currently, USC is his front runner.

I think the firing of Willingham is going to greatly affect recruting... all them kids that commited to Notre Dame just because of Willingham are going to recend on that commitment and will be lookin another school cuz they feel liek they have been cheated.

I think the firing of Willingham is going to greatly affect recruting... all them kids that commited to Notre Dame just because of Willingham are going to recend on that commitment and will be lookin another school cuz they feel liek they have been cheated.

Those recruits were sold on Notre Dame. A coach goes out and sells the university to the recruit. That's part of the job. Those recruits along with Mr. Willingham were cheated. With so much parity in college football now, people don't go to a certain school because of tradition anymore. They wanna go to a place to win and get exposure so they can make a leap at the NFL.

We also have the #4 TE in the nation (out of North Carolina) interested in us now, and Ben Olsen who in 2002 was the #1 overall prospect in the nation(A QB). He's 6'5, threw for 3000 yds, 30 TDs, and rushed for 10 tds his senior season in HS. He redshirted in 2002 for BYU and then went on a 2 year mormon mission in Canada, USC is now one of his front-runners. Also, and yes this is not a misprint, www.allsportstalk.com (Phil Kornblut) reports that Roscoe Crosby (a former clemson WR) wants to return to college football and his first choice to play would be at USC.., it's certainly been a wild couple of weeks, I'm glad we're not going to a bowl game b/c all of this recruiting info is too much to keep up with let alone a real football game!!! J/k btw....

We also have the #4 TE in the nation (out of North Carolina) interested in us now, and Ben Olsen who in 2002 was the #1 overall prospect in the nation(A QB). He's 6'5, threw for 3000 yds, 30 TDs, and rushed for 10 tds his senior season in HS. He redshirted in 2002 for BYU and then went on a 2 year mormon mission in Canada, USC is now one of his front-runners. Also, and yes this is not a misprint, www.allsportstalk.com (Phil Kornblut) reports that Roscoe Crosby (a former clemson WR) wants to return to college football and his first choice to play would be at USC.., it's certainly been a wild couple of weeks, I'm glad we're not going to a bowl game b/c all of this recruiting info is too much to keep up with let alone a real football game!!! J/k btw....

Yep...Mr. Spurrier had a in-house meeting with QB prospect Cameron Sexton today. Sexton says he will make a decision first thing next week.

I heard about that NC TE too. His name is Jonathan Hannah from South View HS. UNC has been courting him for years and finally got a in-home visit. During Mr. Bunting's visit, Coach Spurrier called and set-up a in-home visit. HAHAHAHA! Here UNC has begged for a visit for years and in roughly 80 seconds, Spurrier sets one up after talking to the kid for a minute. That speaks volumes on Spurrier's ability to recruit.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=184&p=8&c=1&nid=964746

USC recruiting targets:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=184&p=9&c=4

I know Alabama is trying to steal one of USC's prized recruiting targets.

TB Mike Davis out of Columbia HS.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=184&p=8&c=1&nid=1142403

DeL, I think that is a long-shot. I hear he is good though. I think Bama has a chance to get RBs Mikel Simpson out of Pennsylvania and Roy Upchurch out of Tallahassee. I think they have both expressed more interest in Bama than Davis. Is Davis as good as advertised?

DeL, I think that is a long-shot. I hear he is good though. I think Bama has a chance to get RBs Mikel Simpson out of Pennsylvania and Roy Upchurch out of Tallahassee. I think they have both expressed more interest in Bama than Davis. Is Davis as good as advertised?

I have seen Davis play personally and he is as good as he sounds. This guy cuts on a dime and has tremendous break-away speed. He is more of a "dancing" type TB. He's not a N-S runner. He reminds me a little of the old Nebraska QB Eric Crouch with his speed and agility.

Good news RW! Mr. Spurrier and Stockhill spent 4 1/2 hours with that QB prospect Cameron Sexton and he is really excited about Spurrier and his system and he is supposed to make his decision on 12/2/04. He has narrowed his list down to USC, UNC and Florida St. According to what I have heard, Spurrier promised him the chance at being the starter as a freshman and that if he chose USC, he would do everything he could to make him the best QB he can be. Cameron also stated that he may still commit to USC even without taking a official visit.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=184&p=8&c=1&nid=1187712

Its like Ive said time and time again .. big time big name coaches bring in the big time big named recruits ;)

Yeah, I don't want Sexton though, I'm sick of the "mobile QB" crap. It didn't work with Corey Jenkins, Dondrial Pinkins, and Syvelle Newton, they are not SEC QB's, they are SEC athletes however, I just want someone to make good throws and look down his whole progression, I'm sick of looking at the #1 WR and then tucking and running for a gain of 1.., Give me Ben Olsen b/c we have too many RB's as it is...

Well theres something to be said for having a mobile quarterback. Granted you want to be able to throw the ball if you are droppin back to pass but you know there are those situations that it is way better to tuck and run. I think a mobile quarterback is good but they have got to know when to be checkin for that 2nd and 3rd receiver.

Look at the SEC champs for the past 5 years as well as NC's the past 5 years. QB's that are not really mobile but make good decisions, I'll take that any day over Corey Jenkins, Dondrial Pinkins, and Syvelle Newton...

Look at the SEC champs for the past 5 years as well as NC's the past 5 years. QB's that are not really mobile but make good decisions, I'll take that any day over Corey Jenkins, Dondrial Pinkins, and Syvelle Newton...

Good point! Other than that, Sexton committed to the UNC Tarholes today. Honestly, he's making a BIG mistake.

Yeah I just read about the committment to UNC, I'm very glad b/c that way we don't have to deal with it at all and can concentrate on getting a pro-style pocket passer. I really hope we land Ben Olsen, can you imagine him passing to our recievers and RB's?

Yeah I just read about the committment to UNC, I'm very glad b/c that way we don't have to deal with it at all and can concentrate on getting a pro-style pocket passer. I really hope we land Ben Olsen, can you imagine him passing to our recievers and RB's?

Yeah! He would be a nice addition. A big beefy guy like that. Kinda reminds me of Jared Lorenzen. Hey RW, check out the new post of mine in the forums.

I heard this morning that Olsen is gonna stay out west, I hope we get somebody though.....

I heard this morning that Olsen is gonna stay out west, I hope we get somebody though.....

We got our first Spurrier commitment today.

Conway HS: TB Bobby Wallace 5-8 190lbs. Runs the 40 in 4.4

He has rushed for over 1900 yds this year and ran for 2100 yds and 26 TD's last season.

Projected Position: TB/KR

Hey RW, remember that highly touted recruit that played with Ko Simpson by the name of C.J. Barber? Well, he's enrolling in Jan. It has been said that he's Ko Simpson's twin brother on the field. Imagine that? WOOHOO!

The pieces are starting to fall into place.

I almost forgot. Jonathan Joseph is going to be back too! He got a medical redshirt this past year so he's going to have 2 good full years with us. Speaking of Joseph, that's the fastest dude that I have seen. He has a 40 of 4.32