• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azamugg

heres Obama's supposed qualifications at work...

44 posts in this topic

Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago, 221 killed in Iraq.

Sens. Barack Obama & Dick Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley.....our leadership in Illinois.....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. Of course they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country. Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look'em up if you want). Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. He's gonna 'fix' Washington politics?

Thanks for the insight to where he comes from. Esp since the news can't get passed Wasilla.

Yet this is the type leadership alot are craving. God help us all.

Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago, 221 killed in Iraq.

Sens. Barack Obama & Dick Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley.....our leadership in Illinois.....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. Of course they're all blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country. Cook County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look'em up if you want). Chicago school system one of the worst in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. He's gonna 'fix' Washington politics?

The problems of Chicago are deep seated and have festered for years. Obama's two years in the Senate could do nothing to reverse the squalor that is the city's south and west side. You know nothing about Chicago and the fact that you want to blame it on Obama proves this.

I am sitting in a Chicago Public School classroom as I write this post. The problems stemming from this pathetic school district have more to do from No Child Left Behind than anything Obama has done. The problems with the south and west side have to do with the loss of jobs from the dwindling steel mills on the south side. The Blue collar work has left and the people on the south side have not adopted to anything else and it has left a ghetto in it's wake.

The problems of Chicago are deep seated and have festered for years. Obama's two years in the Senate could do nothing to reverse the squalor that is the city's south and west side. You know nothing about Chicago and the fact that you want to blame it on Obama proves this.

I am sitting in a Chicago Public School classroom as I write this post. The problems stemming from this pathetic school district have more to do from No Child Left Behind than anything Obama has done. The problems with the south and west side have to do with the loss of jobs from the dwindling steel mills on the south side. The Blue collar work has left and the people on the south side have not adopted to anything else and it has left a ghetto in it's wake.

I thought he had 8 years in the state senate

I thought he had 8 years in the state senate

I was talking about the U.S. Senate. You are correct. He served in the state senate between 1997 to 2004. Regardless, to throw the problems of Chicago on the feet of Obama is ludicrous. Also, if you do, you need to point out the awesome things about Chicago too. It is a very vibrant beautiful city with a lot going for it. Every major city, including Phoenix, has it's troubled spots. Crime is a U.S. problem, not just a Chicago or an Illinois problem. Lack of quality inner city schools is a U.S. problem, not just an Illinois and a Chicago problem. I am sure Phoenix has it's share of inner city problems as well, but they are not as vast because the city is not as big and complex as Chicago. Plus, how can Democrats control guns when it is Republicans that are against gun control? I know that guns are popular on this board, but it is the guns that are killing these people in Chicago, not Obama.

The problems stemming from this pathetic school district have more to do from No Child Left Behind than anything Obama has done.

not trying to get off on a tangent, but i wanted to point out something about NCLB...

dont get me wrong, i think its crap legislation...and also, i think Dubya is a horrible president...but i cant stand how some democrats point to this crap legislation as a reason to hate republicans...

it was a BIPARTISAN bill....

obviously you were not making this claim, just wanted to point out that little pet peeve of mine, and your post reminded me of it,

It was 125 not 292. http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago.summer.shootings.2.810166.html

Also, you don't have an accurate law enforcement agency in Iraq to reflect the murder rate. But, blame Chicago's murder rate on Senators and Congressmen.....

The news link you posted still says that the 125 shot in Chicago over the summer is double that which was shot in Iraq during that same time period. I think that still proves aza's point.

Fact is that if the Dem's cant change the hell that Chicago has turned into what would lead anyone to believe they could change the country....(for the better that is)

I was talking about the U.S. Senate. You are correct. He served in the state senate between 1997 to 2004. Regardless, to throw the problems of Chicago on the feet of Obama is ludicrous. Also, if you do, you need to point out the awesome things about Chicago too. It is a very vibrant beautiful city with a lot going for it. Every major city, including Phoenix, has it's troubled spots. Crime is a U.S. problem, not just a Chicago or an Illinois problem. Lack of quality inner city schools is a U.S. problem, not just an Illinois and a Chicago problem. I am sure Phoenix has it's share of inner city problems as well, but they are not as vast because the city is not as big and complex as Chicago. Plus, how can Democrats control guns when it is Republicans that are against gun control? I know that guns are popular on this board, but it is the guns that are killing these people in Chicago, not Obama.

I lived in Chicago for a short span when I was kid and don't remember much about it. My parents lived there for several years and like alot of people around my neighborhood they had to move there to find work to make a living. Its amazing how many people around these parts have lived in Chicago.

BTW, I own a few guns and keep them locked away but as far as I know they have never killed anyone on their own :laugh:

Good one. Now here's one for Mccain, but it's only two (2) words.

Keating five

not trying to get off on a tangent, but i wanted to point out something about NCLB...

dont get me wrong, i think its crap legislation...and also, i think Dubya is a horrible president...but i cant stand how some democrats point to this crap legislation as a reason to hate republicans...

it was a BIPARTISAN bill....

obviously you were not making this claim, just wanted to point out that little pet peeve of mine, and your post reminded me of it,

I was not necessarily attacking Republicans as defending Obama. NCLB was instituted before Obama was a Senator, but he wants to reform it.

http://usliberals.about.com/od/extraordinaryspeeches/a/ObamaNCLB.htm

The liberal media has control of the election. Even with Palin, they can't ever focus on actual issues. There's been stuff about her glasses. Her hair... Who cares?

Bush wasn't a great president. But he's not the worst, by far. Everything really started to fall apart when the Democrats took control of Congress.

You watch TV, even the debate, and it advertised that Bush is hated by everyone. But, polling numbers have his approval rating much, much higher than Congress. A democratic-majority Congress, at that.

I don't have great things to say about Republicans of late, either. The amount of Government waste spending is astounding. Look at the "bailout" bill. Full of pork now. And McCain, who boasts his anti-pork policies... agrees to it. *shakes head*

300+ million people, and these are the 4 most qualified to run it?

you do understand what you just said in that one line don't you?

you do understand what you just said in that one line don't you?

What did I say Azamugg? Go on. Manipulate away.

just saying...with you saying that, how could you lay any blame on any politician for any region that they are a politician?

Good one. Now here's one for Mccain, but it's only two (2) words.

Keating five

From Wikipedia (Not always the best source, but sums it up pretty well)...

The Ethics Committee ruled that the involvement of McCain in the scheme was also minimal, and he too was cleared of all charges against him. McCain was criticized by the Committee for exercising "poor judgment" when he met with the federal regulators on Keating's behalf. The report also said that McCain's "actions were not improper nor attended with gross negligence and did not reach the level of requiring institutional action against him....Senator McCain has violated no law of the United States or specific Rule of the United States Senate." On his Keating Five experience, McCain has said: "The appearance of it was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the wrong thing to do."

So McCain got involved with one wrong person, and cleared of any potential wrong doing.

Look at the crowd Obama has ran with for his whole political career...

Oh I don't know, it might be that it... REEKS OF HYPOCRISY.

just saying...with you saying that, how could you lay any blame on any politician for any region that they are a politician?

Well, by that line of reasoning I guess NO politician from a large metropolitan area is a viable presidential candidate...least of all ironically Washington D.C. And since we established that experience in a sparsely populated area is not worthy of presidential consideration a few weeks back, what does that leave us with?? :confused:

Point being, of all the things you can be critical of Obama about, you're really grasping with this one! ;)

Obama was sent from Chicago? I thought he came straight from heaven.....:rolleyes:

Well, by that line of reasoning I guess NO politician from a large metropolitan area is a viable presidential candidate...least of all ironically Washington D.C. And since we established that experience in a sparsely populated area is not worthy of presidential consideration a few weeks back, what does that leave us with?? :confused:

Point being, of all the things you can be critical of Obama about, you're really grasping with this one! ;)

it wasn't my reasoning....Ted said "you can't lay the problems of Chicago at Obama's feet"

if the man has no experience to draw from and all he has is rhetoric, is it wrong to look at the state of affairs where he has worked for 10 yrs?

The problems of Chicago are deep seated and have festered for years. Obama's two years in the Senate could do nothing to reverse the squalor that is the city's south and west side.

Sorry Ted, I'm calling BS either on you or Obama, pick one. How many promises has Barack Obama made to the American people during this campaign? Do you think if Obama where an Illinois senator for four years that things would improve any more because that's exactly how long he's going to have to fix America's problems in one term. I guess my point is this, if he can't do jack for Chicago in two years, what makes you think he'll be able to do jack for America in four years? I guess we can't place all of Chicago's woes on Barack......he's been running for president all most as long as he's been a senator. :eek:

I guess that means that you can't place all of the country's problems at the feet of Bush. (Except for the hurricanes that he keeps creating).

Oh I don't know, it might be that it... REEKS OF HYPOCRISY.

Not at all. Every situation is different. Just because us Dems blame Bush for the problems of America does not mean that every region is the fault of the administrator. I believe many of the problems of America have been caused by the mismanagement of the current administration. I believe the problems of Chicago have nothing to do with the government of Illinois and Obama. You have to look at each problem individually. Just because A is because of B does not mean that C is because of D. I wish the world was that simple, but it is not.

By pulling out a bunch of individual statitistics about Chicago and laying them on Obama's feet you think you are giving us a tast of our own medicine. You are not. You are just manipulating facts.