• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrimsoNation713

Auburn, 'Bama chasing same recruit

11 posts in this topic

Demond Dennis of Carver, Atlanta was thrilled to learn earlier this year that he had received scholarship offers from SEC powerhouses Alabama and Auburn. But the euphoria subsided just a bit once he read the fine print. "I was excited when I first got [the offers], but now they both want me to switch over to defensive back," the 5-foot-10, 193-pound senior said. "I want to play running back." Dennis also holds offers from East Carolina, Illinois, Louisville, Western Kentucky and UAB. He is being recruited by each of those programs as a running back.

If he is good enough at RB then he will play RB. Right now niether need a RB that bad.

Demond Dennis of Carver, Atlanta was thrilled to learn earlier this year that he had received scholarship offers from SEC powerhouses Alabama and Auburn. But the euphoria subsided just a bit once he read the fine print. "I was excited when I first got [the offers], but now they both want me to switch over to defensive back," the 5-foot-10, 193-pound senior said. "I want to play running back." Dennis also holds offers from East Carolina, Illinois, Louisville, Western Kentucky and UAB. He is being recruited by each of those programs as a running back.

If he's smart he'll realize that if he takes any of the other offers, he'll find out that once he starts his first camp that the coaches think he'll fit better on defense.

Yeah neither program needs a RB honestly so its no surprise they would want to get a great athlete and move them to DB, something everyone can use more of.

Yeah neither program needs a RB honestly so its no surprise they would want to get a great athlete and move them to DB, something everyone can use more of.

True, you can never have too many quality DBs

If he is good enough at RB then he will play RB. Right now niether need a RB that bad.

Your right. I know we have a true freshman RB named Eric Smith that looks like he has the potential be a yet another legendary Auburn RB before he's done.

Isn't Alabama quite loaded in regards to young RB's as well?

Your right. I know we have a true freshman RB named Eric Smith that looks like he has the potential be a yet another legendary Auburn RB before he's done.

Isn't Alabama quite loaded in regards to young RB's as well?

to the gills

If we get Richardson outta Pensacola, even more so. Ingram is a true Freshman also.

to the gills

If we get Richardson outta Pensacola, even more so. Ingram is a true Freshman also.

Well, hope he has fun at one of the small time schools.

He'll end up going to Auburn or Alabama and play CB. He'll get his 'shot' at RB, but he'll move to the secondary.

I think he has a conditional offer from us, quite frankly I don't think we really want him too much just due to numbers. We have told Trent that he's our only RB for this class (Marrow is a situational back or a linebacker). And I know for a fact he'd be quite low on our list as a DB, we already have 1 CB committed with Dre Kirkpatrick on his way and we're still going after a couple more that are highly touted.

I think the smart thing for him to do would be to go to a school that wants him to be a RB.