• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljcool110

NASCAR fans, where are you?

69 posts in this topic

Now I cannot believe for a second that this group does not like NASCAR. Where are you NASCAR fans? Post some topics in here and let's talk a little racing!

This SEC Football country Luke. Sure we have a few ThreadNecks here and there. But for the most part overwhelming it's..."Are you ready for some football"!

Kenseth all the way!!!!!! Goodyear can go to hell!!!! Bring Hoosier to Nascar!!!!

I'm right here.........pullin for all the Ford teams......so basically I pull for the Roush/ Yates teams lol.

Now I cannot believe for a second that this group does not like NASCAR. Where are you NASCAR fans? Post some topics in here and let's talk a little racing!

Kasey Kahne missed the chase and there's always football on when the races are being run. I watch every single event until football starts. If Kahne were in the chase, I would at least watch that.

FWIW, I am picking Carl Edwards to win the title this year.

i liked NASCAR when it was still a Southern sport. foreign drivers and foreign manufacturers? no thanks...

i liked NASCAR when it was still a Southern sport. foreign drivers and foreign manufacturers? no thanks...

SUCKS FOR YOU, NOT FOR ME, KENSETH BORN AND BREAD IN THE USA!!!!

I watch NASCAR and keep up with the series because I love racing of all kinds. However, If I am completely honest, NASCAR is like the WWF of racing. The rules and governing body encourage a wreckfest.

Basically, NASCAR is a show. ALMS, IRL, Formula 1, MotoGP, AMA Superbike, and the Rolex series are RACING.

I watch NASCAR and keep up with the series because I love racing of all kinds. However, If I am completely honest, NASCAR is like the WWF of racing. The rules and governing body encourage a wreckfest.

Basically, NASCAR is a show. ALMS, IRL, Formula 1, MotoGP, AMA Superbike, and the Rolex series are RACING.

Actually, Formula 1 is just as much of a scripted event as NASCAR, and IRL is the most political form of motorsport in the world. Danica, Milka, AJ Foyt IV, and Ed Carpenter all have their seats, while Paul Tracy, Ryan Hunter Reay, and Oriol Servia don't.

What a travesty.

I used to be a big fan...went to several races each year. Then Mark Martin retired, well sortof, so I quit watching. After Earnhardt's death the sport turned into trash. It's no fun anymore.

Actually, Formula 1 is just as much of a scripted event as NASCAR, and IRL is the most political form of motorsport in the world. Danica, Milka, AJ Foyt IV, and Ed Carpenter all have their seats, while Paul Tracy, Ryan Hunter Reay, and Oriol Servia don't.

What a travesty.

None of those series encourage aggressive driving and wrecking like NASCAR. There are politics in every series, but at least they have rules and they actually penalize drivers for wrecking the person they are attempting to pass.

My favorites by far are ALMS/LMS and MotoGP. The only true prototype series left in the world. Of course, MotoGP just went to a single tire manufacturer.:thumbsdow

None of those series encourage aggressive driving and wrecking like NASCAR. There are politics in every series, but at least they have rules and they actually penalize drivers for wrecking the person they are attempting to pass.

My favorites by far are ALMS/LMS and MotoGP. The only true prototype series left in the world. Of course, MotoGP just went to a single tire manufacturer.:thumbsdow

Man, I'm glad I went to Petit this year. Looks like Audi and Peugeot aren't coming back next year, and if that's true, I might just go to Sebring instead.

Man, I'm glad I went to Petit this year. Looks like Audi and Peugeot aren't coming back next year, and if that's true, I might just go to Sebring instead.

Sebring is probably the better bet this year. Audi is supposed to have the R15 at Sebring. I believe Acura will have an LMP1 as well. I don't know about Peugeot.

I'll tell you a person that's really into motor sports, and that would be Zee. Beside riding minibikes cross country, he is also into racing. He recently won the 2009 "That's what she said 250"

He owns that circuit. Congratulations Zee.

stockcar1jy0-1.jpg

trophysportscariu2-1.jpg

NASCAR

They're making a left turn!!!! Now they're making another left turn!!!

The only sport you can follow while drunk.

Just saw Tim Tebow at the Daytona 500 coverage. Sumbeach is everywhere!

Just saw Tim Tebow at the Daytona 500 coverage. Sumbeach is everywhere!

Wearing jorts no doubt.

Somebody tell me what the F this "competition yellow" crap is? There aren't any wrecks or debris.... is this just NASCAR's way of making the race even more boring?

Mark is going to win. He is just biding his time in the top 10 and will strike when the time is right.

Mark is going to win. He is just biding his time in the top 10 and will strike when the time is right.

Pffft.... today is #24's day.

Pffft.... today is #24's day.

Anybody BUT Gordon and Busch brothers. If Mark doesn't win, hopefully one of the Roush boys do!

• Titans4Vols
      Yeah, Jancek's famous man to man defense with no blitz on 3rd and 4th down.
    • Based Potato
      Lord knows that was the gameplan last year.
    • Titans4Vols
      Shoop knows how to cover it up with his blitzes, and with Martin out our secondary isn't too bad. We've got two good safeties and the corners are passable sans-Martin(who himself isn't as bad as he showed yesterday, but still isn't good).   Plus a big bonus is Georgia WRs have no idea how to catch a football, so we could probably leave them uncovered and still be ok.
    • Based Potato
      Eh, don't overrate the defensive performance. Our secondary is a liability.
    • Titans4Vols
      Eason(who I do think has a lot of potential, but he's just too inexperienced) won't be able to do anything against a Bob Shoop defense, so as long as DeBord gets his s**t together, we should win this game with ease. It being in Georgia is my only big concern. Will be the first time we've left the state of Tennessee this year, and first time not in front of a majority Tennessee crowd(Bristol was probably 65-35 Tennessee/Va Tech fans).
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma