• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cianne

Rebel commit QB Chris Wilkes signs with Padres

1 post in this topic

Well with all the talk I said about Casey Kelly taking him $1 million 1st round money and not heading to Knoxville, I guess I assumed that Chris Wilkes wouldn't take 22nd round money and would come to Oxford. Guess I was wrong. Wilkes was in Phoenix today as he had signed with the Padres and I assume reporting to a minor league team there.

FOOTBALL: Wilkes opts for baseball « Parrish Alford on Ole Miss Sports

Ole Miss quarterback signee Chris Wilkes, of Orlando, told the Ole Miss Rivals site a few minutes ago that he has signed with the Padres. Wilkes was at a bank in Phoenix when he took a short call.

Wilkes was one of two quarterback signees, and, given the lack of depth at the position, either he or Nathan Stanley would have a good shot to play if Jevan Snead is injured.

– PA