Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigdaddydog1

What's your opinion ?

32 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Which one? The one that violently shoved a guy to the ground and made no move to leave? Or the one that responded by shooting him? The identifier DUDE is a bit vague.

47 is too old to yell at sorry people for parking illegally and not be a crazy old man to most folks in their 20s.

do we know anything about the attacker and his background? 

Would you have shot that guy under the same circumstances?

10 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

I know why you are pissed.You don't want your conceal carry infringed upon.I have no problem with conceal carry or being legally able to defend ourselves.

I own guns and will not give them up.

But this "old man" got what he wanted.This is not racial or anti gun.This is some prick who ruins it for everybody.

The "old man"/pussy, needs to be locked up.

That's my opinion.

Actually I am barely interested in the case. Florida has history of silly gun stuff the last 30 years and doesn't effect me.

I can see the appeal of locking him up. The story pulls on the heart strings based on 4 seconds of video and everything both sides of the debate can project onto both people involved 

The legal question doesn't have that emotional pull. We don't have anything beyond hearsay and 4 seconds of video. It was originally declared a justified shooting and now the DA doesn't think he can get a conviction so he doesn't stand for murder. It is a weak legal case. 

3 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

Would you have shot that guy under the same circumstances?

I wouldn't put myself in the situation. I have a wife and daughter to consider and fixing the worlds minor issues isn't my responsibility.

But if I was, it would depend on the guys reaction to knocking me down. If he is verbally threatening me after he assaulted me absolutely. If he is moving to his car and talking to the girl then no way. The confrontation is over at that point. That's why I asked about audio or different views. 

It's almost 11 and 630 comes too early. I'm out

I agree with smoky, it would be nice to be able to hear the audio. Not sure what that would change  other than  just give some what a clearer picture .

I have always said that I thought that people should  point out  things that are obviously wrong in this world .  But sometimes it's not what is said ,but how it's delivered to someone that makes things get out of control There were a lot of lines crossed in this video. The girl shouldn't have parked in a handicap parking place and it should been brought to her attention in the right way. I think that was a pet peeve of the old man and he was looking for an altercation. The Young Buck who did the pushing. You just don't put your hands on someone. Once that happens you've opened up doors for something bad to happen. It did appear that the Young Buck was still running his mouth but he was not being aggressive and he actually right before being shot had started to turn away. And the shooter had enough time to make a good decision and he chose not to. He reacted out of Pride and anger.  Or at least that's what it appears to me So I believe he will be convicted of shooting this guy. . But hopefully this also will point out to people that you can't put your hands on someone without consequences. Because when the stars are aligned just right with anger- temper - pride and emotions.  bad things can happen.

As an aside does anyone practice shooting sitting on the ground? I tried it today and it's not easy. I was worried about losing the bullet so I set up 10 feet in front of the burm on the instructors range and tried falling back on the ground, draw, and fire. It's harder than it looks and it took a few moments for me to complete the task. I didn't draw as I was falling for fear of losing the pistol or having an ND. I could see someone being shocked by being blind sided needing a second or three to recover draw and fire. 

Just an observation 

Some rumors of  audio came out today on the shooting at the Florida convenience store.  not sure if they factual or not. 

The younger guy pushed the older guy down and hollered GEORGIA sucks.

The older guy said you better not say it AGAIN.   an he did !

You know the rest