saturdaysarebetter

Which other SEC venues have you been to?

24 posts in this topic

Just Florida and Tennessee for me so far.  Which ones have you been to?  Shoot, I'm getting old. How could I forget, I've been to LSU as well. 

Edited by saturdaysarebetter

Auburn twice and Alabama numerous times.

Oxford, Tuscaloosa, Death Valley

Good experiences?  Bad experiences on those trips?  

At away games I think my life has been saved a few times when the Ole Miss q b threw an interception in the end zone. 

Edited by bbqit

willyB is always a good time.  it helps knowing the lay of the land.  but i liked it better when the farmers market was there; 20 bones for parking and they had all the vendor stands. id come away each game with a grocery bag full of coozies, stickers, bottle openers, hot sauces, etc. and eat my fill of free samples.

athens was fine. tailgated on the quad and you can walk to bars/restaurants. stadium was lame. girls whine incessantly about nonfootball related stuff and the dicks bark.

swamp was fun for a noon game.  im sure the bars across the street get sloppy as the day goes on. inside the stadium all the seats felt close to the action. had fun in the away section. it was not loud, possibly cuz we sucked that year.

feel like im forgetting one. no matter. hit a few acc stadiums as well. i like how they feel like minor league stadiums, more mangeable, easier to take your family to.

Tuscaloosa no telling how many times I've been a season ticket holder since 1996 with my daughter in the band the last two years I've been to every home game but one.

Tennessee actually I nice setting being on the river but the seats are kinda crowded but I would stand to watch another UT beatdown.

Ole Miss I've enjoyed each trip I've made over the grove and all.

MSU It's really improved in the last few years but seriously you're down by 3td late in the 4th quarter sit your ass down somewhere with your ding o ling.

Auburn beautiful campus and the eagle flight is awesome in that atmosphere tough to get outa there with a W.

Georgia I've only made this trip a couple times but by the way things are shaping up I probably will more when that matchup rolls around.

LSU it was just as rude and rowdy as you've heard but when I went was years ago before Saban so I'm sure it's worse.

USC the rooster crow was cool but I was so drunk I don't remember much besides that my wife has pictures of me asleep during the game.

Georgia Dome since it is Alabama's other stadium

I would like to someday go to aTm just to see that many weirdos in one place and Florida if they get things turned around.

Neyland : I was only 16 so I didn't have to deal with any of the logistics but that being said, I had a horrible experience. Threatened at knife point by a Vols fan in line at a concession stand during the "Stumble and Fumble" game. (1998)

Williams-Brice - Been twice. Uber from the hotel both time as to not deal with any traffic/parking. (2008/2010) Both times the atmosphere in the stadium were great. SC fans were friendly and humble in victory (2008) and in defeat (2010).

The University of the South, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama

Edited by Noah

I've only been to Neyland

would love to visit Arkansas or the WB

the ultimate would be Death Valley

Auburn, South Carolina, Miss St. (saw both the Rebs and the Bulldogs in Jackson long ago) Bama in Tusc. and Birmingham and Tenn.

I've been to Vandy once and UGA 5 times.

Vandy was great.  We had two to one fans there.

UGA was fun the two times we won there.  You could hear a pin drop walking out (except USC fans screaming GAME....COCKS!!!)  When they won I about shot someone after 1,000th time someone barked at me.  

I am heading to Ole Miss this year.

On a side note I've also been to games at UNC, Duke, NC State and Clemson.

7 hours ago, Herchel said:

Neyland, WLOCP, Jordan-Hare

You fucking peasant. 

Arkansas: 0

Missouri: 0

UGA: 1

The rest: two times or more

FSU: more than 5 times

MTSU: once 

Edited by JoeGator

I'm ashamed but not many, Tuscaloosa, Auburn and vandy 

1 hour ago, Haymaker said:

I'm ashamed but not many, Tuscaloosa, Auburn and vandy 

ha,got you beat,I've been to Little Rock and Fayetteville...that's it.

My son lived right up the road from Jerry World in texas but I didn't get to make one of our games there.

I've never been a road warrior...heck,our home games are a trip from down here....

Edited by L.A.Hog

9 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

ha,got you beat,I've been to Little Rock and Fayetteville...that's it.

My son lived right up the road from Jerry World in texas but I didn't get to make one of our games there.

I've never been a road warrior...heck,our home games are a trip from down here....

Grew up in Pine Bluff area... Papaw used to go to the LR games and games at Ole Miss because they were closer than DWRRS 

14 hours ago, JoeGator said:

You fucking peasant. 

I've been to a lot of stadiums, just not in the SEC.

The Citadel, ETSU, VMI, Marshall, GA Southern, App State, Western Carolina, UTC, Northern Arizona, Notre Dame, West Point (Miche Stadium is the most beautiful, in the most beautiful setting), GT, Clemson, Samford, 

My brother was a Black Knight of the Hudson. I worked in NYC when he was a cadet. That's how I saw Miche stadium.

I've heard the setting is something at Michie Stadium. I've heard the same thing about Washington. 

On 8/7/2018 at 3:45 PM, Noah said:

The University of the South, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama

The university of the south. Humphries mcgee field. 

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

The university of the south. Humphries mcgee field. 

The field is named after your uncle, right?

I forgot I've been to Vandy too back when my step daughter was a HS cheerleader they had some kind of halftime thing. It was Vandy vs Florida

Also saw many Bama games at Legion Field back in the day. Crazy the first few SECCG were played there Bama vs Florida