Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BAMA NATE

Jeremy Pruitt

22 posts in this topic

Given the comments of David Pollack and Aaron Murray at SEC Media Days, I was wondering if any Dawg fans can shed some light on exactly how Jeremy Pruitt was disrespectful to Mark Richt during his stint at UGA as the DC? Jeremy grew up about half an hour down highway 75 from me. He's always had a reputation as a passionate, fiery guy. I'm just curious for details on what exactly went wrong during his time at UGA.  

2 hours ago, BAMA NATE said:

Given the comments of David Pollack and Aaron Murray at SEC Media Days, I was wondering if any Dawg fans can shed some light on exactly how Jeremy Pruitt was disrespectful to Mark Richt during his stint at UGA as the DC? Jeremy grew up about half an hour down highway 75 from me. He's always had a reputation as a passionate, fiery guy. I'm just curious for details on what exactly went wrong during his time at UGA.  

I know Pruitt’s family in Sand Mountain. His family and sons disown him. 

Edited by Noah

11 minutes ago, Noah said:

I know Pruitt’s family in Sand Mountain. His family and sons disown him. 

That ain’t good

15 minutes ago, bbqit said:

That ain’t good

I have no first hand knowledge of the situation so it’s only conversation between inlaws.... 

enough said.

the only difference between outlaws and inlaws is outlaws are wanted. 

Edited by Noah

His dad is still a prominent coach on Sand Mountain. He's the head coach at Albertville High and doing a great job. I've never heard of any riff between his family. That's interesting. There may be a lot of resentment for Jeremy's journeyman career he's had. Can't fault the guy for chasing the hell out his dreams, though. 

He can’t push Fulmer around so let’s eatch him coach

Saw a 

just

pru

it

bumper sticker...... I imagine this guy had a brick by brick sticker before.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:20 PM, bbqit said:

That ain’t good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/991675001

i doubt its true. Both he and his father speak glowingly of each other. Not the kind of thing folks disowned tend to do. Other stories say they speak at least once a week. 

If Noah says it is a perfect day outside grab a raincoat 

On 7/18/2018 at 11:31 PM, BAMA NATE said:

His dad is still a prominent coach on Sand Mountain. He's the head coach at Albertville High and doing a great job. I've never heard of any riff between his family. That's interesting. There may be a lot of resentment for Jeremy's journeyman career he's had. Can't fault the guy for chasing the hell out his dreams, though. 

No riff. They are Bama fans he coached at Tennessee. Good humored joking at worst.

On 7/19/2018 at 7:16 AM, possumslayer said:

Saw a 

just

pru

it

bumper sticker...... I imagine this guy had a brick by brick sticker before.

Did it look like it was over another sticker? Not right on the bumper? lulz

1 hour ago, smokeyone said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/991675001

i doubt its true. Both he and his father speak glowingly of each other. Not the kind of thing folks disowned tend to do. Other stories say they speak at least once a week. 

If Noah says it is a perfect day outside grab a raincoat 

Lots of things get around. If you want details of our post season ban ask someone from South Carolina 

The TL;DR version is that he showed up CMR's house one Sunday and was intoxicated/belligerent in front of recruits. Thomas Brown also threatened to beat his ass at practice because of Pruitt's attitude/disrespect. These rumors were known about before he left UGA. He was also reviled by other coaches like Tracy Rocker etc.

Edited by TheRealBrave

5 hours ago, TheRealBrave said:

The TL;DR version is that he showed up CMR's house one Sunday and was intoxicated/belligerent in front of recruits. Thomas Brown also threatened to beat his ass at practice because of Pruitt's attitude/disrespect. These rumors were known about before he left UGA. He was also reviled by other coaches like Tracy Rocker etc.

Tracy Rocker is on his staff now so I wouldn’t put much into that rumor.

5 hours ago, TheRealBrave said:

https://247sports.com/Coach/Tracy-Rocker-22/

Far more likely is that Pruitt was use to coaching for Saban and compared to him CMR was a puss. Personality classes and he walked all over CMR because he didn’t respect him. CMR has the personality of a colorful dishrag and let Pruitt walk all over him.

Corroboration from Mason UGA QB during the Pruitt era

“I think part of it was the kind of lackadaisical, laissez-faire-type of environment (at Georgia),” Mason said. “Pruitt came from Florida State and Alabama, where everything was planned-out in detail and he won championships. It was just different under Mark Richt, and (Pruitt) didn’t like that difference.

“You’ve got Mark Richt, who is a very non-confrontational-type guy, and then you’ve got Pruitt, who is very my-way-or-the-highway. So part of it was Mark Richt not keeping him in his place. Because, you know what, (Pruitt) ain’t going to Alabama and doing that. He ain’t talking to Nick Saban like that. So I think part of it is at Alabama he knew where he stood; at Georgia, I don’t think so.”

On 7/18/2018 at 6:56 PM, BAMA NATE said:

Dude owes me twenty dollars....

4 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Corroboration from Mason UGA QB during the Pruitt era

“I think part of it was the kind of lackadaisical, laissez-faire-type of environment (at Georgia),” Mason said. “Pruitt came from Florida State and Alabama, where everything was planned-out in detail and he won championships. It was just different under Mark Richt, and (Pruitt) didn’t like that difference.

“You’ve got Mark Richt, who is a very non-confrontational-type guy, and then you’ve got Pruitt, who is very my-way-or-the-highway. So part of it was Mark Richt not keeping him in his place. Because, you know what, (Pruitt) ain’t going to Alabama and doing that. He ain’t talking to Nick Saban like that. So I think part of it is at Alabama he knew where he stood; at Georgia, I don’t think so.”

I don't think anybody was defending Richt's approach, Richt's incompetence doesn't make Pruitt look any better as a person

When did football become a sport where everyone became a sissy and got their feelings hurt over every little thing? It's like people and their crying over how "mean" the coaches have been on Last Chance U. "he's yelling at those poor kids too much!!!!!" When they're grown ass men. This ain't peewee.

Nick Saban stepped over a player who was convulsing on the ground when he was at Miami. No one gives a shit cause he wins football games. If Pruitt's biggest issue is he yells at players, no one is gonna give a shit so long as he wins.

I miss football before the days of social media. Everyone and their fucking brother has a sob story now adays. It's done wonders in getting news and updates out to us quicker, but I seriously wonder if the downsides it's caused don't outweigh the positive aspects.

I played 2 years under Luther Welch and part of a year under his replacement .

Welch has a hard nosed mumbled that no one understood past 4 or 5 words but everyone thought he was a demigod in Thomson. Jacobs was brought in and was a players coach no one respected the program nose dived. 

On 7/23/2018 at 0:46 PM, TheRealBrave said:

You mean the same Tracy Rocker that works for Pruitt?