Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herchel

CBs' hot seat rankings

21 posts in this topic

I would put Muschamp at a 1. He is safe and secure this year. 

Stoops survives this year despite a really bad year.

2 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Stoops survives this year despite a really bad year.

I think it depends on what the other new coaches do.  If guys like your new coach and Arky's do exceedingly well then I think he could be gone with a bad year.

So I agree with you.  I expect him to stick around another year. :)

25 minutes ago, TrueGCFan said:

I think it depends on what the other new coaches do.  If guys like your new coach and Arky's do exceedingly well then I think he could be gone with a bad year.

Chad at Arky will be given 4 years to restock and I think he will. His is a much harder and longer rebuild than Pruitts. In the end I see Morris as a guy that is a place holder, to get Arky to a bowl in 3 years and hold the line until the program is marketable.

6 minutes ago, A10Rebel said:

Matt Luke - too high.

He will be the guy through probation and likely get 2 years afterwards. 

10 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Chad at Arky will be given 4 years to restock and I think he will. His is a much harder and longer rebuild than Pruitts. In the end I see Morris as a guy that is a place holder, to get Arky to a bowl in 3 years and hold the line until the program is marketable.

I'm definitely on the record that Arky made the worst hire in the latest round.   

8 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

He will be the guy through probation and likely get 2 years afterwards. 

We weren't going to lure anyone decent with the second bowl ban looming, you're right. But he barely beats Kentucky, almost gave it away to State, lost to a shitty Cal team and gave up a 24 point lead against Arkansas and lost at HOME.

I contend had he lost to Kentucky and State he's not sitting in the coach's office in Oxford.

4 minutes ago, A10Rebel said:

We weren't going to lure anyone decent with the second bowl ban looming, you're right. But he barely beats Kentucky, almost gave it away to State, lost to a shitty Cal team and gave up a 24 point lead against Arkansas and lost at HOME.

I contend had he lost to Kentucky and State he's not sitting in the coach's office in Oxford.

Did I miss something.  Is another NCAA issue at Miss doorstep?

2 minutes ago, A10Rebel said:

He is a safe guy with strong Ole Miss roots and understands his job is to keep the seat warm and Ole Miss squeaking clean til probation is over. He is going as good of a job as any coach that would take the job under those circumstances. It sucks because Ole Miss is in a really bad spot but it will pass. 

4 minutes ago, TrueGCFan said:

Rumors of a follow punishment that lingered. 

42 minutes ago, TrueGCFan said:

You didn't miss anything. The bowl ban was for last season (self imposed) and this season and included when the hammer dropped. Since we followed the NCAA, self imposed punishment book to the letter we thought they would go easier on us with a bowl ban for just last season but after we screwed ourselves they piled on more. We're contesting the bowl ban this season but they're probably going to give us the middle finger.

its like taping yourself to the goalpost hoping your cooperation will make the hazing less painful.

but it just gives them more time to haze you.

2 hours ago, A10Rebel said:

Matt Luke - too high.

That’s an old list. Still interm by Luke’s name. It’s all meaningless. 

As for who asked if the NCAA was calling again, cute, yet y’all are calling out bama and Georgia. That’s fine as long as you don’t beat them. Dumbass can’t learn from our mistake

2 hours ago, bbqit said:

That’s an old list. Still interm by Luke’s name. It’s all meaningless. 

As for who asked if the NCAA was calling again, cute, yet y’all are calling out bama and Georgia. That’s fine as long as you don’t beat them. Dumbass can’t learn from our mistake

Georgia on your mind

3 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

its like taping yourself to the goalpost hoping your cooperation will make the hazing less painful.

but it just gives them more time to haze you.

What we should have done was tell them to "fuck off, do your own work," instead of giving them anything. Only time will tell if we learned that lesson.

If I'm AD after this dick whipping I'm not volunteering anything. You think something's going on you put your work and prove it.

5 hours ago, smokeyone said:

5 hours ago, TrueGCFan said:

I'm definitely on the record that Arky made the worst hire in the latest round.   

I don’t know how good he’ll do there(not much if I had to guess), but I see him as the anti-Bielema. A proven Power 5 coach that frequented bowl games through traditional offenses and over-achieving defenses sputtered our pretty quick in Arkansas. A young up-and-comer with no power 5 experience but a flashy offense and potential is about as different a direction as you can go. I don’t think Arkansas is necessarily a bad place to be, but at the moment the West is just too damn stacked and there has to be a loser in every football game.

2 hours ago, Herchel said:

Georgia on your mind

Touché 

7 hours ago, TrueGCFan said:

Football isn't number one in Kentucky so it seems as if a coach can give them a "pleasant" season leading up to their priority sport then all is hunky dorry...

But pay attention to their schedule,them and vandy are only good the years they play us...

12 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

But pay attention to their schedule,them and vandy are only good the years they play us...

Don’t let that bother you too much. We play vandy every year and that is the best ball they play all year long.