Baller

AMA:Police Officer

44 posts in this topic

With the way the media is these days, it's hard to get a perspective from a police officer's point of view. Feel free to ask me anything, I just can't give any type of legal advice. 

What do you think is the biggest obstacle in the way of police officers doing their job effectively? Resources, policies, etc??

Just now, cocky4ever said:

What do you think is the biggest obstacle in the way of police officers doing their job effectively? Resources, policies, etc??

Resources hurt for sure. That's probably the biggest issue. Law Enforcement is famous for not being a well-paid job. It blows my mind though, the amount of responsibility we have with lack of pay. Basically, you get what you pay for. You start paying people at 30k or sometimes below that, you're going to get people who should not possess the power we have. Lack of pay also creates a fun situation where no one will put in for unfilled positions. Pretty much every agency I know of is short on manpower. Which makes our job more dangerous and creates a lack of service for you the public. The perception of law enforcement and what the media puts on the news every night also pushes people away. No one wants to get into a profession where you aren't paid much and you think people hate you. Being in law enforcement and dealing with the public daily, I know that the media is misrepresenting how the majority of the public feels about us. 

Money is the main issue. Everyone wants better things; roads, education, police, fire, etc but no one wants to pay the necessary increase in taxes to get these better things. 

Some officers complain about not being able to do their job properly due to restrictive policies, but I've never run into a situation where a policy prohibited me from doing what I needed to do. 

1 hour ago, Baller said:

With the way the media is these days, it's hard to get a perspective from a police officer's point of view. Feel free to ask me anything, I just can't give any type of legal advice. 

How manys white folk has you shot?

1 hour ago, Baller said:

Resources hurt for sure. That's probably the biggest issue. Law Enforcement is famous for not being a well-paid job. It blows my mind though, the amount of responsibility we have with lack of pay. Basically, you get what you pay for. You start paying people at 30k or sometimes below that, you're going to get people who should not possess the power we have. Lack of pay also creates a fun situation where no one will put in for unfilled positions. Pretty much every agency I know of is short on manpower. Which makes our job more dangerous and creates a lack of service for you the public. The perception of law enforcement and what the media puts on the news every night also pushes people away. No one wants to get into a profession where you aren't paid much and you think people hate you. Being in law enforcement and dealing with the public daily, I know that the media is misrepresenting how the majority of the public feels about us. 

Money is the main issue. Everyone wants better things; roads, education, police, fire, etc but no one wants to pay the necessary increase in taxes to get these better things. 

Some officers complain about not being able to do their job properly due to restrictive policies, but I've never run into a situation where a policy prohibited me from doing what I needed to do. 

How long have you been a Leo?

2 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

How manys white folk has you shot?

Thankfully I have not had to shoot anyone. Most people can be talked down if you treat them with respect and as a human. Theres always exceptions though.

2 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

How long have you been a Leo?

7 years. 18 more until retirement. 

Just now, Baller said:

7 years. 18 more until retirement. 

Good luck 👍🏿 

Just now, possumslayer said:

Good luck 👍🏿 

Thanks. I love what I do on a daily basis, but 18 years is a long time to worry about my safety. 

Just now, Baller said:

Thanks. I love what I do on a daily basis, but 18 years is a long time to worry about my safety. 

Lot of times worrying will kill you as well....

if you you could shoot one person in the face with a hollow point 45 +P+ , who would it be and don’t say joeGator ..... that’s who everyone picks 😁

Just now, possumslayer said:

Lot of times worrying will kill you as well....

if you you could shoot one person in the face with a hollow point 45 +P+ , who would it be and don’t say joeGator ..... that’s who everyone picks 😁

Can't play that game, sorry. Also, most of the active people from when I was active on this site have long left. 

13 minutes ago, Baller said:

Can't play that game, sorry. Also, most of the active people from when I was active on this site have long left. 

I would shoot LaHog.....😂

Why do cops turn a blind eye to certain drug dealers and gang activity?  I once lived in a small town where I could tell you who ran the streets after living there 2 weeks. The dealers and gang leaders didn’t hide it all. The 23 year old kids rode around in $120k cars in a town where the avg incomes per household was less than $30k. One dude had a bmw 6 series and Mercedes s class parked at his $400/month rental house. He just sat outside with a pit bull all day long. One gang lived about 2 blocks from me. It was a dead end and there were 50 guys outside everyday. They had middle school kids as lookouts at the entrance. I heard gun shots from that direction pretty regularly. Never saw any cops or blue lights down that road in 2 years 

7 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Why do cops turn a blind eye to certain drug dealers and gang activity?  I once lived in a small town where I could tell you who ran the streets after living there 2 weeks. The dealers and gang leaders didn’t hide it all. The 23 year old kids rode around in $120k cars in a town where the avg incomes per household was less than $30k. One dude had a bmw 6 series and Mercedes s class parked at his $400/month rental house. He just sat outside with a pit bull all day long. One gang lived about 2 blocks from me. It was a dead end and there were 50 guys outside everyday. They had middle school kids as lookouts at the entrance. I heard gun shots from that direction pretty regularly. Never saw any cops or blue lights down that road in 2 years 

Did you ever call the cops? Just a question. We have a pretty good relationship with our community and we get tips all the time that we follow up on. 

So one thing to remember when it comes to the law, it's not what you know it's what you can prove. It may be a resource issue, where they didn't have personnel to dedicate to the problem or something else. 

I can tell you how we operate. We have dedicated investigators/officers who solely deal with gangs/drugs. They rely on the public for help with trouble areas, but they are good at what they do. It just sounds like you were in an area where they didn't know how to create solutions. 

11 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

There's also lazy cops too. 

Duncan doughnuts or Krispy Kreme?

5 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

Krispy Kreme for doughnuts. Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

1 hour ago, Baller said:

Did you ever call the cops? Just a question. We have a pretty good relationship with our community and we get tips all the time that we follow up on. 

So one thing to remember when it comes to the law, it's not what you know it's what you can prove. It may be a resource issue, where they didn't have personnel to dedicate to the problem or something else. 

I can tell you how we operate. We have dedicated investigators/officers who solely deal with gangs/drugs. They rely on the public for help with trouble areas, but they are good at what they do. It just sounds like you were in an area where they didn't know how to create solutions. 

I never did because it was right in the middle of a small town and cops drove by on the main roads regularly. I’m sure they had very limited resources being small town mississippi

2 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I never did because it was right in the middle of a small town and cops drove by on the main roads regularly. I’m sure they had very limited resources being small town mississippi

Never hurts to call from now on. Don't necessarily call 911, but every station has a non-emergency number you can get online and leave some intel to help us. 

1 hour ago, Baller said:

3 hours ago, possumslayer said:

I hate you 

3 hours ago, possumslayer said:

I would shoot LaHog.....😂

How much do you charge and where can I meet you?

8 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

I hate you 

😘

5 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

How much do you charge and where can I meet you?

I wouldn’t charge a friend.😘