Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokeyone

Tennessee 2019 recruiting catch all.

30 posts in this topic

Good pickup. 

And I think we should both take this time to thank the football gods that none of the NC schools seem to be ready to move up. I’d be interested to see the numbers from the past 5 years of the top 25 kids in the state who actually played college ball there.

Darnell Wright is a 5* OT that is trending a bit with UT now. We are the only school listed as multiple unofficial visits and looks like a priority for the staff. tOSU looks like the team to beat right now but UT is still firmly in the mix.

The current class has the highest rating of any of the Dooley/Jones classes at .9066. And seems to be recruiting the trenches pretty well. We have 3 more 5* guys we are trending with and likely pull 2 of them Crouch is a 5* RB with USC(SEC) being the biggest challenge. They are recruiting him as an RB which seems to not be his college/NFL position of choice. We are looking at him as an LB and seems a more natural position to meet both parties needs. 

Beasley is a hard hitting 6.5 225 pound athletic safety that plays multiple positions. He had offers from a host of ACC schools including instate GaTech and was offered and pursued by Auburn in the SEC.

Edited by smokeyone

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/06/10/vols-a-favorite-for-possible-diamond-in-the-rough-lineman/

If this kid attends a couple of camps he will be a highly sought after recruit. Watch his film. I know it's really difficult to grade out highschool linemen be he has the toolbox to be really good. I don't know if he is a take given the numbers but someone is going to get a solid 3 year starter (almost all Oline should redshirt a year) for someone. 

More “Top5” classes on their way to Knoxville?

Lol

13 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

More “Top5” classes on their way to Knoxville?

Lol

Maybe Mullin can get the lines to stop blocking themselves. 

On 6/10/2018 at 10:26 PM, smokeyone said:

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/06/10/vols-a-favorite-for-possible-diamond-in-the-rough-lineman/

If this kid attends a couple of camps he will be a highly sought after recruit. Watch his film. I know it's really difficult to grade out highschool linemen be he has the toolbox to be really good. I don't know if he is a take given the numbers but someone is going to get a solid 3 year starter (almost all Oline should redshirt a year) for someone. 

Lol, so when SC gets some solid three star players we’re filling up our class with players that are a dime a dozen, but when UT offers some zero star kid he’ll obviously be a solid three year starter who is just for some reason flying under everyone’s radars. 

35 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

meh.. those don't matter...

I remember when Arkansas "Robbed Wisconsin blind"... 

Just for sh!ts and giggles I decided to check the 2016 rankings.... how quickly things can change.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-secs-college-football-coaches-2016%3famp

RANKING THE SEC€™S FOOTBALL COACHES FOR 2016

1. Nick Saban, Alabama

alabama-crimson-tide.png

Related: Athlon Sports Top 25 for 2016

2. Hugh Freeze, Ole Miss

mississippi-rebels.png

3. Bret Bielema, Arkansas

arkansas-razorbacks.png

Related: Ranking the SEC Quarterbacks for 2016

4. Dan Mullen, Mississippi State

mississippi-state-bulldogs.png

5. Butch Jones, Tennessee

tennessee-volunteers.png

6. Les Miles, LSU

LSU_logo_new_web.jpg

Related: 15 Biggest Wild Card Teams for the 2016 College Football Season

7. Gus Malzahn, Auburn

auburn-tigers.png

8. Jim McElwain, Florida

florida-gators.png

9. Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M

texas-a-m-aggies.png

10. Kirby Smart, Georgia

georgia-bulldogs.png

Related: Grading College Football's Coaching Hires for 2016

11. Will Muschamp, South Carolina

south-carolina-gamecocks.png

12. Mark Stoops, Kentucky

kentucky-wildcats.png

13. Derek Mason, Vanderbilt

vanderbilt-commodores.png

14. Barry Odom, Missouri

missouri-tigers.png

Update Consent | 

2 hours ago, cocky4ever said:

Lol, so when SC gets some solid three star players we’re filling up our class with players that are a dime a dozen, but when UT offers some zero star kid he’ll obviously be a solid three year starter who is just for some reason flying under everyone’s radars. 

I said I don't know if he is a take. I don't buy the hype a recruiting guru puts out on every kid and there is a reason he is likely a 3 star kid. Is it because he hasn't been evaluated? Or is there something else? I don't know. I like the little film I have seen but we are early in the evaluation process and the kid has an offer now. We will know more with more film. 

Lets see more film, get him on campus, get him in some camps, see what his offer sheet looks like etc, before we as layman start getting carried away. 

Land there is a huge difference between evaluation of a 3* kid and taking a class made up of them in the SEC.

@cocky4ever

Yeah.. after the CBB hire, it was "Can Arkansas now compete with Bama and LSU for dominance in the West?" 

These 'coaching rankings' are all BS. It's simple... 

1. Nick Saban

2 - 14. F*ck you, you're not Nick Saban

13 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Maybe Mullin can get the lines to stop blocking themselves. 

How embarrassing for you that this is the program that keeps handing you Ls.

8 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

How embarrassing for you that this is the program that keeps handing you Ls.

I hope they test Grier for PEDs and release the results before we play him this time

2 hours ago, hog_heaven said:

@cocky4ever

Yeah.. after the CBB hire, it was "Can Arkansas now compete with Bama and LSU for dominance in the West?" 

These 'coaching rankings' are all BS. It's simple... 

1. Nick Saban

2 - 13. F*ck you, you're not Nick Saban

14. Matt “I bleed red and blue” Luke

Fixed it.

3 hours ago, smokeyone said:

I hope they test Grier for PEDs and release the results before we play him this time

I think the only thing he’d test positive for is estrogen.

Edited by JoeGator

15 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

I think the only thing he’d test positive for is estrogen.

Is he really the best QB to suit up for Florida since Tebow?

6 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Looks like the Vols will be hosting the other 5* LB they are trending with next week too. 

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/06/13/no-1-athlete-in-2019-class-visiting-vols/

this will be his 3rd visit this year. I kinda like our chances on this one.

Sounds like a hell of an athlete!

fingers crossed