Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokeyone

UGAs greatest tradition.

193 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, smokeyone said:

Cool, I'll post it to Reddit fulmer cup to try to get you those points. Winning it in 2010 and finishing second in 2016 should make it easier to award points. It's a shame your equipment guy wasn't eligible, that would push y'all into the top 3 in cup standings. 

We won with 20 points. It was an off year. I don't think anyone will ever top Auburn's 80 points.

Edited by Herchel

9 minutes ago, Herchel said:

4-8 will do that to a man.

First time ever. And it stung. It really did. Last year should have been special but injuries and a toxic lockeroom killed it. 

Fortunately that has nothing to do with UGAs thug life ways. Since Athens seems to want to decriminalize pot UGA players seemed to have stepped up their game in hopes of bringing home that cup again.

3 minutes ago, Herchel said:

We won with 20 points. It was an off year. I don't think anyone will ever top Auburn's 80 points.

The Switer Slam Auburn took home was a rare feet indeed. A combination of a Fulmer Cup, A Heisman, and a national championship. 

Arky, Vandy, Auburn and UGA have won it. UF should have won it last year but the case drug out too long.

On a lighter note, Last February I told the boys on Vol Nation that JJ Peterson wouldn't qualify. Guess what?  :)

9 minutes ago, bbqit said:

🍚

is that a pie?

7 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

is that a pie?

It’s what it is. If I used a baseball everybody b like u gloatin 😀

5 hours ago, Herchel said:

On a lighter note, Last February I told the boys on Vol Nation that JJ Peterson wouldn't qualify. Guess what?  :)

Didn’t y’all have an equipment guy videotape the men’s showers this offseason?

43 minutes ago, bbqit said:

It’s what it is. If I used a baseball everybody b like u gloatin 😀

Hell yeah.

12 hours ago, smokeyone said:

We recruit better lesbians in basketball than softball.

LOL---That was a good one,,,Made me Laugh,,,,okie dokie

We are just glad that we are on ya'lls mind.

The same way that our shitty neighbors are on our minds.

Fla Ga and usc can fight it out to see who plays bama. Tenn used to be in that mix instead of usc. Seems those two should be jawing as much as fla and gs. I mean, didn’t usc take their place to be third in the train? 

9 hours ago, bbqit said:

Fla Ga and usc can fight it out to see who plays bama. Tenn used to be in that mix instead of usc. Seems those two should be jawing as much as fla and gs. I mean, didn’t usc take their place to be third in the train? 

No. USC is still middle of the pack. They haven't established themselves as anything other than geography makes sense to keep them in the SEC.

Traditionally its UF and TN for the east title but UF and UT have both been on shitstain runs of late that has allowed UGA to rewrite history to include them for some reason. A really, really bad east has jumped them up in the minds of many I guess. I mean Vandy finished just behind Mizzu a few years ago bad. 

If Pruitt gets frustrated early he will not be here 4 years. The ego and mouth will not work if he doesn't win. Mullen had to be given a shot at UF but he seems awfully timid to coach under expectations. Time will tell if either was the answer. Until them UGA gets to pretend they are the tallest midget on the SEC playground pickup game. 

Did I miss anyone? Kentucky still sucks. That should be everyone now.

21 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

No. USC is still middle of the pack. They haven't established themselves as anything other than geography makes sense to keep them in the SEC.

Traditionally its UF and TN for the east title but UF and UT have both been on shitstain runs of late that has allowed UGA to rewrite history to include them for some reason. A really, really bad east has jumped them up in the minds of many I guess. I mean Vandy finished just behind Mizzu a few years ago bad. 

If Pruitt gets frustrated early he will not be here 4 years. The ego and mouth will not work if he doesn't win. Mullen had to be given a shot at UF but he seems awfully timid to coach under expectations. Time will tell if either was the answer. Until them UGA gets to pretend they are the tallest midget on the SEC playground pickup game. 

Did I miss anyone? Kentucky still sucks. That should be everyone now.

Traditionally it’s UT and UF?? You must mean historically because UT has not done much of anything this millennium. SC has passed UT for now and has been ahead of the Vols for a while. Sorry, but that’s just how it is.

4 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

Traditionally it’s UT and UF?? You must mean historically because UT has not done much of anything this millennium. SC has passed UT for now and has been ahead of the Vols for a while. Sorry, but that’s just how it is.

Delusions of grandeur from USC? Congrats on climbing to the middle of the pack and claiming crumbs from the adult table. Seriously if you want the title of 3rd tallest midget by all means it's yours. UT can't stay down forever. But make no illusions about the fact UT is at a low point. Y'all didn't pass us we fell off a cliff to your level. 

8 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Delusions of grandeur from USC? Congrats on climbing to the middle of the pack and claiming crumbs from the adult table. Seriously if you want the title of 3rd tallest midget by all means it's yours. UT can't stay down forever. But make no illusions about the fact UT is at a low point. Y'all didn't pass us we fell off a cliff to your level. 

UT can’t stay down forever but y’all sure are making a good run at it.

5 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

UT can’t stay down forever but y’all sure are making a good run at it.

You can only hope that's the case right? On our failure rests your claim to mediocracy.

but why bicker about it? I ceded your right to claim the vaulted title of 3rd tallest midget right? That was the recognition you sought right? Hell you might as well claim floridas spot too and bask in the glory of being preseason second tallest midget in a really bad division of the best conference in the league. 

55 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Traditionally its UF and TN for the east title but UF and UT

ROTFLMAO

SEC East titles this century

Viles - 3

UF - 5

UGA - 5

SEC Championships this century

Viles - zero, nada, zilch

UF - 3

UGA 3

Those delusions of grandeur are something, little brother.

12 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

You can only hope that's the case right? On our failure rests your claim to mediocracy.

but why bicker about it? I ceded your right to claim the vaulted title of 3rd tallest midget right? That was the recognition you sought right? Hell you might as well claim floridas spot too and bask in the glory of being preseason second tallest midget in a really bad division of the best conference in the league. 

Claim UF’s spot?? We already finished second in the division last year and there’s no reason to think we’ll do worse than 2nd this year(and I’d say we have a decent chance of winning it). And I’d much rather claim 2nd or 1st than claim the worst of the worst. And I wouldn’t really call a 9 win season mediocre. I enjoyed it for the most part. If we can get 8-10 wins/season and make a run at the division/conference every few years I’ll be happy, and I’d imagine most fans of most other teams would as well. I guess convincing yourself that we are still somehow hanging around with UT in the cellar makes you feel better about the shift in the division. 

22 minutes ago, Herchel said:

ROTFLMAO

SEC East titles this century

Viles - 3

UF - 5

UGA - 5

SEC Championships this century

Viles - zero, nada, zilch

UF - 3

UGA 3

Those delusions of grandeur are something, little brother.

It's been a horrible run for us. Worst in 40 something years. Is this UGAs golden age? 

13 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

Claim UF’s spot?? We already finished second in the division last year and there’s no reason to think we’ll do worse than 2nd this year(and I’d say we have a decent chance of winning it). And I’d much rather claim 2nd or 1st than claim the worst of the worst. And I wouldn’t really call a 9 win season mediocre. I enjoyed it for the most part. If we can get 8-10 wins/season and make a run at the division/conference every few years I’ll be happy, and I’d imagine most fans of most other teams would as well. I guess convincing yourself that we are still somehow hanging around with UT in the cellar makes you feel better about the shift in the division. 

If you wish a pissing contest with UGA for title of tallest midget by all means do so. 

A nine win season win the traditional powers were at Rock bottom, no shot at a divisional title and a mediocre bowl are not the stuff of legends. But an admirable goal to set as the pinnacle of USC aspirations. 

UGA and USC exemplify why old money doesn't care for the new. 

But it by all means carry on. I find your musings entertaining.

1 minute ago, smokeyone said:

If you wish a pissing contest with UGA for title of tallest midget by all means do so. 

A nine win season win the traditional powers were at Rock bottom, no shot at a divisional title and a mediocre bowl are not the stuff of legends. But an admirable goal to set as the pinnacle of USC aspirations. 

But when UT was winning the division in the 90’s while SC, UK, and Vandy were horrible and UGA was up and down it was because of how awesome UT was. We lost to UGA(SEC champ and played for a title), clemson(defending national champ and great team), UK and A&M. Yeah we probably should’ve beaten either UK or A&M to get to 10 wins but that’s how it goes sometimes. Still not bad for year two or a rebuilding process. And now this season looks pretty promising and we should be able to at least match our win total on the field. Plus for recruiting we’re currently at #7 with half of our class committed, and based on who we still have on the radar we have a good chance of staying in the top ten to close out. You say we’re enjoying mediocrity, but yet you’d probably give your left nut to have Pruitt take y’all to a bowl this year and get 9 wins in his second season. 

12 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

It's been a horrible run for us. Worst in 40 something years. Is this UGAs golden age? 

We've had several, little brother. It's too soon to tell on this one.