Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herchel

What did you want to be when you were young

24 posts in this topic

My dad was a tough man. He was a boxer in college, yes it was a collegiate sport then. He fought at Iwo Jima in WWII. The Marines suffered 14,000 casualties there. The 5th marines were wiped out, they ceased to exist.

Anyway, I thought I wanted to be a prize fighter. So, I sparred with him when I was a teenager. He was 40 and I was 15. his hands were so damned fast. I could seem them coming, but I couldn't get out of the way. He could triple jab and I couldn't do anything about it. Finally he said son, You have middle weight size and heavy weight speed. Find something else to do. I thought I had a future in baseball, but that didn't work out either. On the bright side, he taught me enough to hold my own in the average bar fight. I never started a fight, but I finished a few.

Serial killer 

4 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

Serial killer 

He did a lot of Japs.

1 minute ago, Herchel said:

He did a lot of Japs.

I’d kill eskimos and Muslims 

3 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

I’d kill eskimos and Muslims 

Eskimos is so white egocentric. They want to be called Inuits.

15 minutes ago, Herchel said:

Eskimos is so white egocentric. They want to be called Inuits.

And their breath smells like a corpse.

1 minute ago, DjCrenshaw said:

Ghostbuster 

That’s gay....😁

I was raised mostly by my grandparents and my grandpa was a farmer and owned a industrial supply business. Growing up I just figured I'd step right on in line and keep things going. My mom also had Tennessee walking horses and cows. I played the main sports football, baseball, and basketball but I went to a HS that's won more State Championships than anybody so it was kinda hard to standout. Three guys out of what would have been my Sr. class signed with Bama.. I'd always played but going into about the 10th grade I started hanging with some guys that golfed all the time. I ended up moving to a HS with better opportunity in golf my 11th grade year and finished getting a junior college golf school. I took industrial electricity in school but dreamed of getting my PGA teaching license and going to somewhere like South Carolina to teach golf. Not long after I finished school my grandfather passed so I went to work in the industrial supply business until things went south which is another story. So now I'm a maintenance manager at a pretty huge company, I raise cows, and have a pretty good handicap in the late summer.

I always wanted to be a gigolo, but my pecker was too short. 

i always thought i would be an architect because my dad was. I value building and fixing things and while architecture is a step away from it i still find time in my off time to fix and build anything i can get my hands on.   From chainsaws to guns.  I love to make things work.  Very few things in my house are broken.  It bothers the hell out of me to have anything broken or less than if i can help it. 

Every saturday until i went to college i was in the shop at  and later the Barn at 8am helping my dad around the 12 acres.  at the time i had no idea how beneficial it would be and how i wanted to hang with my friends but now i wouldnt have it any other way. 

I come from a long line of craftsman and builders so its mostly genetic 

Edited by AUskip07

Wanted a micro brewery and bbq shack. Strange combo but beer and bbq works. Everything was great till they told me I would have to hire midgets. Been farming ever since. 

22 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

I can't remember.

Vaudeville.

Edited by Porcine

1 hour ago, L.A.Hog said:

I can't remember.

Get serious. You were never young.

6 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

I can't remember.

You wanted to put two of every kind on a boat.

5 hours ago, possumslayer said:

You wanted to put two of every kind on a boat.

17 hours ago, Herchel said:

My dad was a tough man. He was a boxer in college, yes it was a collegiate sport then. He fought at Iwo Jima in WWII. The Marines suffered 14,000 casualties there. The 5th marines were wiped out, they ceased to exist.

Anyway, I thought I wanted to be a prize fighter. So, I sparred with him when I was a teenager. He was 40 and I was 15. his hands were so damned fast. I could seem them coming, but I couldn't get out of the way. He could triple jab and I couldn't do anything about it. Finally he said son, You have middle weight size and heavy weight speed. Find something else to do. I thought I had a future in baseball, but that didn't work out either. On the bright side, he taught me enough to hold my own in the average bar fight. I never started a fight, but I finished a few.

Im a little confused. you wanted to be a baseball player or share a story about how you were abused?

1 minute ago, foxflyer5 said:

Im a little confused. you wanted to be a baseball player or share a story about how you were abused?

My dad taught me to box, which is what I wanted to do. I wasn't good enough. My fallback was baseball.

I coulda used some parental motivation.  but I think I set the bar low by wanting to be a garbage man, so they never really pushed me after that. 

2 hours ago, Herchel said:

My dad taught me to box, which is what I wanted to do. I wasn't good enough. 

I guess that ended any hope of ups or fedex too

10 minutes ago, bbqit said:

I guess that ended any hope of ups or fedex too

corrugation Is hard.