Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cocky4ever

2018 signing day thread

90 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

We got some good defensive linemen......

You guys are a possible landing spot for Gerald as well

5 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

You guys are a possible landing spot for Gerald as well

Is he a 3 ⭐️?

Just now, possumslayer said:

Damn he looks like he’s 35!

Shit nigga you at least 30.jpg

1 hour ago, Porcine said:

And just like that it wasn't "worst recruiting class ever" anymore.

That does kick us out of the lowest 10 in SEC history 

12 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

That does kick us out of the lowest 10 in SEC history 

One guy jumps us about 15-20 spots to where a lot of Nutt's classes ranked.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:51 AM, cocky4ever said:

We have to celebrate any type of recruiting victory we get over UGA, even if it is only one player. Plus we’re pretty excited about having top notch D-lines again.

We finished with the #1 class lol, enjoy him.

I received multiple assurances from people here that Saban would close strong and finish above Kirby this year in recruiting.

12 minutes ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

We finished with the #1 class lol, enjoy him.

I tried to tell y’all two years ago that Muschamp was a better recruiter. You wouldn’t listen so now you have to find out the hard way.

Seeiously though, if we had landed Smart I don’t think he would be bringing the number one class to Columbia after his second season. It’s just a different set of circumstances and environment. Muschamp is doing all of the things that land top 5 classes at big time schools, but for now I don’t think we should expect anything too far past 15. Our instate rival has been to the playoffs 3 straight years, won a natty in one of those trips, and usually wins their conference. Now our biggest division rival(in our eyes though not UGA’s eyes) won the SEC and made it to the national title game. We’ll have to continue to slowly build on our momentum to avoid losing any ground. All things considered though I think Muschamp has done a great job so far. If he can get us to 10 wins next year I’ll be ecstatic and I think next year’s class may be our best yet. I’d say 8-9 would be acceptable, and 7 or less means we start losing ground like I said above.

Muschamp didn't recruit at Florida even remotely as good as Kirby has in the same time frame at Georgia. So if you want a frame of reference, there you have it. 

Muschamp has never been a great recruiter. Joe keeps trying to tell you this. What does it say about his recruiting that he finished on par with a Tenneessee team in the middle of the most embarrassing administrative bungling of a staff change in history?

33 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Guess it’s time to investigate 

Will be funny as hell when Saban gets GA put under a microscope by the NCAA for 5 years... But there can't be any findings. They never pay players...

1 hour ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

Will be funny as hell when Saban gets GA put under a microscope by the NCAA for 5 years... But there can't be any findings. They never pay players...

Kirby knows where Saban's skeletons are buried. Don't hold your breath.

7 hours ago, Herchel said:

Kirby knows where Saban's skeletons are buried. Don't hold your breath.

Saban is a lot of things but he ain’t no Clinton. 

20 hours ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

I received multiple assurances from people here that Saban would close strong and finish above Kirby this year in recruiting.

Lmao, whats your point?

Edited by Haymaker

8 hours ago, bbqit said:

Saban is a lot of things but he ain’t no Clinton. 

He would have already been busted if there was any good dirt..... still, fuck saban 

20 hours ago, Haymaker said:

Lmao, whats your point?

Enjoy these last days of the dynasty

Saban's got this  shit figured out,let auburn win and go to the seccg and get the shit beat out of them,them use that extra week of not playing in that game to get healthy since they're in the playoffs anyway then wreck ship.

Undefeated is over rated when you win it all...

On 2/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, Hob's_Ghost said:

Muschamp didn't recruit at Florida even remotely as good as Kirby has in the same time frame at Georgia. So if you want a frame of reference, there you have it. 

Muschamp has never been a great recruiter. Joe keeps trying to tell you this. What does it say about his recruiting that he finished on par with a Tenneessee team in the middle of the most embarrassing administrative bungling of a staff change in history?

I’d say it means the people at UT came together and landed a great class when you consider the circumstances. What type of class do you think Kirby could’ve landed at SC in year two?

8 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

I’d say it means the people at UT came together and landed a great class when you consider the circumstances. What type of class do you think Kirby could’ve landed at SC in year two?

UT's class was a huge disappointment actually. Had a lot of decommitments and failures to get guys we expected to. Doesn't help our HC and some of our other staff members were working on game plans for the playoffs/national championship instead of recruiting across December and January.

26 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

UT's class was a huge disappointment actually. Had a lot of decommitments and failures to get guys we expected to. Doesn't help our HC and some of our other staff members were working on game plans for the playoffs/national championship instead of recruiting across December and January.

If you consider it a disappointment I’m assuming you’ve successfully blocked the circus of a coaching search out of your memory, so I won’t kill your buzz by linking the thread here.

Just now, cocky4ever said:

If you consider it a disappointment I’m assuming you’ve successfully blocked the circus of a coaching search out of your memory, so I won’t kill your buzz by linking the thread here.

Nah, there were a lot of prospects that were expected to come here(per 24/7 sports guys and etc) that didn't. Was considered a pretty big flop, not just by UT fans, but by recruiting experts as well.

4 hours ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Enjoy these last days of the dynasty

We will be in the playoffs next year.....UGA will not be