Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haymaker

I thank God for these posters:

25 posts in this topic

Something tells me you don’t want to play Nova of Dave in trivial pursuit. Both them cats no way too much useless shit

2 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Something tells me you don’t want to play Nova of Dave in trivial pursuit. Both them cats no way too much useless shit

My job occupies like maybe 10% of my total work capacity.  that plus the kindle cloud reader and kindle unlimited will get you far down the useless knowledge hole

Then at the same time, studying past history, even back to the classical era can give you a lot of insight into the workings of the world, especially politics.  Times change but people don't.  Reading Livy, Tacitus, Plutarch etc will open your eyes to a lot of things...

Thanks for the props. I’ve definitely evolved over the years, and when I read some of the stuff from my younger years I kind of cringe, but then again I assume a lot of people probably do....it’s just that now our statements from those days are posted for all to see. I’m sure a lot of my change has been from aging and mostly from having kids, but there are lots of reasons; seeing the world change, discussions with others, taking in new information from other sources, etc. I know there have been times when, even if I didn’t admit it on a forum, readings things made me view things differently and evolve my views. I try to keep that in mind(and keep an open mind) when discussing things today. I generally try to present views in a way that doesn’t attack others so they don’t instantly throw up their defenses, and also keep an open mind because they could have something substantial to offer. I think open an honest dialog is important, now more than ever.Sure sometimes I fall short of that aim, and it’s really tempting to discuss things with people in the same manner they are, so NYIH and SECorBust don’t necessarily get my best efforts while zartan and I can actually discuss things fairly reasonably now. But even for the ones I have trouble taking seriously I just try to remember how much I’ve changed so it’s important to stay open minded and present your ideas reasonably carefully so they have a good chance of making people see things in a different way.

18 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I have a money on my account on HQ trivia right now. LOL!

I also look forward to reading all the opinions here. Even Zartan's....

The only advantage old age gives you is been there and done that.

Edited by WDavE

6 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

Thanks for the props. I’ve definitely evolved over the years, and when I read some of the stuff from my younger years I kind of cringe, but then again I assume a lot of people probably do....it’s just that now our statements from those days are posted for all to see. I’m sure a lot of my change has been from aging and mostly from having kids, but there are lots of reasons; seeing the world change, discussions with others, taking in new information from other sources, etc. I know there have been times when, even if I didn’t admit it on a forum, readings things made me view things differently and evolve my views. I try to keep that in mind(and keep an open mind) when discussing things today. I generally try to present views in a way that doesn’t attack others so they don’t instantly throw up their defenses, and also keep an open mind because they could have something substantial to offer. I think open an honest dialog is important, now more than ever.Sure sometimes I fall short of that aim, and it’s really tempting to discuss things with people in the same manner they are, so NYIH and SECorBust don’t necessarily get my best efforts while zartan and I can actually discuss things fairly reasonably now. But even for the ones I have trouble taking seriously I just try to remember how much I’ve changed so it’s important to stay open minded and present your ideas reasonably carefully so they have a good chance of making people see things in a different way.

Tooo long , didn’t read.

7 minutes ago, WDavE said:

I have a money on my account on HQ trivia right now. LOL!

I also look forward to reading all the opinions here. Even Zartan's....

The only advantage old age gives you is been there and done that.

I’ve played HQ with friends. Need to dl it myself. I’ve never witnessed anyone get past question 5 lol

6 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I’ve played HQ with friends. Need to dl it myself. I’ve never witnessed anyone get past question 5 lol

you drop some good knowledge here and there but prefer brevity...........give us more of what you holding back bitch!

31 minutes ago, nova said:

My job occupies like maybe 10% of my total work capacity.  that plus the kindle cloud reader and kindle unlimited will get you far down the useless knowledge hole

nova, there was a day a poster here, as part of their racism blaming, mentioned Trump and his companies discriminating (Rental properties) and you gave the basis for those legal actions

can you provide that info again sir?

Just now, Haymaker said:

nova, there was a day a poster here, as part of their racism blaming, mentioned Trump and his companies discriminating (Rental properties) and you gave the basis for those legal actions

can you provide that info again sir?

I can't recall exactly.  I know it all happened in the 70s when things were a lot different.  People polled back then said they would move if black folks moved into the neighborhood.  If you're in real estate that will kill property values and your business so you try to prevent it.  

21 minutes ago, nova said:

I can't recall exactly.  I know it all happened in the 70s when things were a lot different.  People polled back then said they would move if black folks moved into the neighborhood.  If you're in real estate that will kill property values and your business so you try to prevent it.  

well you pointed out, with references, that the discrimination charges never came from individuals but govt via guidline infringements at best

and boy am I now remiss in not mentioning in the OP, theRealBrave........

I feel like a proud poppa reading your stuff

53 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

My favorite poster when I was young...

AB7D6589-EE42-4D75-B850-28EA4FFDB6DB.jpeg

that nipple

2 minutes ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

that nipple

Possumsister is jealous

1 minute ago, bbqit said:

Possumsister is jealous

she needs to bring her ass in here

2 hours ago, Haymaker said:

Smokey, Nova, WDave and Cocky

Ive been on this site now 13 years and was a conservative voice that used to take my time with posts explaining my positions, bulleting my rebuttals but at some point realized it was futile to think these eggplants could comprehend common sense so I resorted to merely laughing hysterically with my retorts in the form of sarcasm.  The reaction from the majority of the board to me was so eerily fucking similar to how the left reacts to Trumps tweets in the modern day,  lmao.  I have now over time observed you guys and others, aging and maturing and coming into your own, to the point, you guys and I are singing from the same hymnal.  Its been as funny to watch as comforting as you would imagine.

......I say all of that to say that I thank God for the above mentioned posters as I love reading their posts, your insight, your wisdom, and man, the knowledge! and I respect that the majority of the time ya'll do all of that with an amount of decorum I can only imagine myself having.  Please don't eventually tire and quit, please continue to post about politics in the manner you currently do. Don't devolve from an arguing standpoint as I have.  I honestly think you "married down" when you decided to let SECTalk be a forum you chose to participate in.

Possum and dawgbit and crimsonnation.........ya'll came close to being mentioned above but I see ya'll declining as I have!  and I love ya'll for it by god lol...bbqit, you're sliding but holding

Peace!

Image result for circle jerk gif

8 hours ago, possumslayer said:

My favorite poster when I was young...

AB7D6589-EE42-4D75-B850-28EA4FFDB6DB.jpeg

I bought that poster.

Thems some dead titties now. Still raising flags though...

9 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

Lol! 

Its like a curse on me for the moment.

Didn't make it past question 4 and Bambi....

16 hours ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

Thems some dead titties now. Still raising flags though...

That grave could be unmarked but finding it would be easy. Unzip yo britches and when your devining rod went north you would be right on top of it

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

That grave could be unmarked but finding it would be easy. Unzip yo britches and when your devining rod went north you would be right on top of it

damn....