Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herchel

The most Vol thing ever

44 posts in this topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/university-tennessee-invents-new-pronouns-article-1.2341537

To create a more inclusive campus, the University of Tennessee in Knoxville is encouraging teachers and students to use gender-neutral pronouns.

The made-up pronouns are "ze, hir, hirs" and "xe, sem, xyr," according to Donna Braquet, director of the university's Pride Center, in a posting on the college's website.

"These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are knew," Braquet said. "The she and he pronouns would sound strange, too, if we had been taught ze when growing up."

Teachers, as the new school year begins, should "instead of calling roll, ask everyone to provide their name and pronouns," the post says.

The University of California has also attempted to address transgender issues by listing six self-identifying categories for students including "trans male/trans man" and "gender queer/gender non-conforming."

Tennessee students and teachers who are unable to use the neutral pronouns should politely ask "Oh, nice to you (insert name). What pronouns should I use?" Braquet said.

Oh, please, say critics who think that is taking things much too far.

"We have paid people a lot of money to sit around and come up with this nonsense," said state Rep. Bill Dunn, a Republican from Knoxville.

"If you say I'm going to meet 'ze,' someone's going to think you're going to meet someone from another planet," he told WATE-TV this week.

Old uninteresting story

Yeah, the date on the article is August 2015.

7 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Old uninteresting story

Alzheimer’s....... everything is new again.

2 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

Alzheimer’s....... everything is new again.

Old used up clown trying to be relevant. Kinda sad

2 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Old used up clown trying to be relevant. Kinda sad

Pesowize?

As if an overpriced, overvalued, college education isn't enough. Let's ramp up the "college experience" past light speed, past ridiculous speed, and hit ludicrous speed...

ludicrous-speed-o.gif

I think I’ve said it before, stop giving taxpayer money to colleges.

State legislature has already defunded that department haven't they?

Just now, DjCrenshaw said:

State legislature has already defunded that department haven't they?

Dyke department?

Just now, possumslayer said:

State institutions.... they built them

Just now, possumslayer said:

Dyke department?

I think the pronoun incident and some Christmas party were everyone was forbidden to say Christmas got the department canned 

how did man kind survive all these years without this type of bullshit?

I found Hershals Reddit account. 

He is his take on UGA from his last April on campus 

nd UGA(y) is wonderful! We have an amazing community here. You should look into joining Lambda to meet fellow queers. Also, we have a lounge just for the gays in memorial hall (and for allies) where you can take a nap, grab some coffee, meet friends, and print for free. There's sooooo much gay at UGA and in Athens. I <3 it! We're currently in the midst of Gaypril so there's even extra gay right now. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sometimes referred to as Big Mama Gay of Athens (though I'm only a third year

id sign up for class just so I can make everyone address me as The Dude and watch them all blood stain their jorts.

6 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

id sign up for class just so I can make everyone address me as The Dude and watch them all blood stain their jorts.

That apparently also occurs at the U of Florida.

50 minutes ago, DjCrenshaw said:

I think the pronoun incident and some Christmas party were everyone was forbidden to say Christmas got the department canned 

Not sure if serious? If you are serious, what department?

53 minutes ago, DjCrenshaw said:

Sup. Off for a snow

Snow?

57 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

I found Hershals Reddit account. 

He is his take on UGA from his last April on campus 

nd UGA(y) is wonderful! We have an amazing community here. You should look into joining Lambda to meet fellow queers. Also, we have a lounge just for the gays in memorial hall (and for allies) where you can take a nap, grab some coffee, meet friends, and print for free. There's sooooo much gay at UGA and in Athens. I <3 it! We're currently in the midst of Gaypril so there's even extra gay right now. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sometimes referred to as Big Mama Gay of Athens (though I'm only a third year

Not sure what I just read but I LOLd anyway.

1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

Espn funds it plenty. Until the huge salaries the administrations demanded it was more than they spent. Funny how the more money colleges get the higher tuition gets. I laugh at the colleges that think their diploma is more important because it cost more. 

1 hour ago, L.A.Hog said:

how did man kind survive all these years without this type of bullshit?

This ^^^

edit. Man isn’t in charge anymore. 

Edited by bbqit

1 hour ago, A10Rebel said:

As if an overpriced, overvalued, college education isn't enough. Let's ramp up the "college experience" past light speed, past ridiculous speed, and hit ludicrous speed...

ludicrous-speed-o.gif

They would all wear plaid