Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herchel

The most Vol thing ever

44 posts in this topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/university-tennessee-invents-new-pronouns-article-1.2341537

 

To create a more inclusive campus, the University of Tennessee in Knoxville is encouraging teachers and students to use gender-neutral pronouns.

The made-up pronouns are "ze, hir, hirs" and "xe, sem, xyr," according to Donna Braquet, director of the university's Pride Center, in a posting on the college's website.

"These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are knew," Braquet said. "The she and he pronouns would sound strange, too, if we had been taught ze when growing up."

Teachers, as the new school year begins, should "instead of calling roll, ask everyone to provide their name and pronouns," the post says.

The University of California has also attempted to address transgender issues by listing six self-identifying categories for students including "trans male/trans man" and "gender queer/gender non-conforming."

Tennessee students and teachers who are unable to use the neutral pronouns should politely ask "Oh, nice to you (insert name). What pronouns should I use?" Braquet said.

Oh, please, say critics who think that is taking things much too far.

 

"We have paid people a lot of money to sit around and come up with this nonsense," said state Rep. Bill Dunn, a Republican from Knoxville.

"If you say I'm going to meet 'ze,' someone's going to think you're going to meet someone from another planet," he told WATE-TV this week.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old uninteresting story

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the date on the article is August 2015.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Old uninteresting story

Alzheimer’s....... everything is new again.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, possumslayer said:

Alzheimer’s....... everything is new again.

Old used up clown trying to be relevant. Kinda sad

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

Old used up clown trying to be relevant. Kinda sad

Pesowize?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if an overpriced, overvalued, college education isn't enough. Let's ramp up the "college experience" past light speed, past ridiculous speed, and hit ludicrous speed...

 

ludicrous-speed-o.gif

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’ve said it before, stop giving taxpayer money to colleges.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

State legislature has already defunded that department haven't they?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DjCrenshaw said:

State legislature has already defunded that department haven't they?

Dyke department?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, possumslayer said:

I think I’ve said it before, stop giving taxpayer money to colleges.

State institutions.... they built them

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, possumslayer said:

Dyke department?

I think the pronoun incident and some Christmas party were everyone was forbidden to say Christmas got the department canned 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how did man kind survive all these years without this type of bullshit?

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found Hershals Reddit account. 

He is his take on UGA from his last April on campus 

nd UGA(y) is wonderful! We have an amazing community here. You should look into joining Lambda to meet fellow queers. Also, we have a lounge just for the gays in memorial hall (and for allies) where you can take a nap, grab some coffee, meet friends, and print for free. There's sooooo much gay at UGA and in Athens. I <3 it! We're currently in the midst of Gaypril so there's even extra gay right now. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sometimes referred to as Big Mama Gay of Athens (though I'm only a third year

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id sign up for class just so I can make everyone address me as The Dude and watch them all blood stain their jorts.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

id sign up for class just so I can make everyone address me as The Dude and watch them all blood stain their jorts.

That apparently also occurs at the U of Florida.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DjCrenshaw said:

I think the pronoun incident and some Christmas party were everyone was forbidden to say Christmas got the department canned 

Not sure if serious? If you are serious, what department?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DjCrenshaw said:

Sup. Off for a snow

Snow?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, smokeyone said:

I found Hershals Reddit account. 

He is his take on UGA from his last April on campus 

nd UGA(y) is wonderful! We have an amazing community here. You should look into joining Lambda to meet fellow queers. Also, we have a lounge just for the gays in memorial hall (and for allies) where you can take a nap, grab some coffee, meet friends, and print for free. There's sooooo much gay at UGA and in Athens. I <3 it! We're currently in the midst of Gaypril so there's even extra gay right now. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sometimes referred to as Big Mama Gay of Athens (though I'm only a third year

Not sure what I just read but I LOLd anyway.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

I think I’ve said it before, stop giving taxpayer money to colleges.

Espn funds it plenty. Until the huge salaries the administrations demanded it was more than they spent. Funny how the more money colleges get the higher tuition gets. I laugh at the colleges that think their diploma is more important because it cost more. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, L.A.Hog said:

how did man kind survive all these years without this type of bullshit?

This ^^^

 

 

 

edit. Man isn’t in charge anymore. 

Edited by bbqit
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A10Rebel said:

As if an overpriced, overvalued, college education isn't enough. Let's ramp up the "college experience" past light speed, past ridiculous speed, and hit ludicrous speed...

 

ludicrous-speed-o.gif

They would all wear plaid

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Posts

    • bbqit
      Only defense with a woman is a fart. You won’t get the last word. That only makes it last till a cop arrests you. Forget whoopin ass. Cops again. Doesn’t matter if her argument is flawed. She will stick with it till the cops come. She will chew you till you fart. Once the fart is set free she will immediately stop. She will stare. Then she will ask a dumb question. “Did you fart?”  Excuse me but a fart is universally understood in any language. Then she will say “I can’t believe you just did that!”  You smile glancing for the dog. Then she will turn and as while walking to another room say “You are so gross!”  At that moment she isn’t bitching at you anymore. 
    • dawgbit
      I'm in the hills so that ain't happening, but damn I'm sick of it. The temps can stay but the rain needs to fawk off.
    • bbqit
      Schools and some businesses have closed due to flooding. A few parts of town you can’t see the roads. We got at least 4 more days of this     i have gotten 8 inches in a two day span and not seen flooding
    • dawgbit
      2+ inches since yesterday afternoon and more on the way. Wettest February in a while here.
    • possumslayer
      Pay her back by wearing her panties and put her bras in the dryer after washing.
  • Popular Contributors

    1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
      181
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
      174
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
      164
    4. 4
      Herchel
      Herchel
      79
    5. 5
      nova
      nova
      71