Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueGCFan

Jemele Hill Leaving SportsCenter

13 posts in this topic

Less than a year ago, the 6 p.m. ET SportsCenter got a massive reboot featuring new co-hosts Jemele Hill and Michael Smith. After 11 months on the job, Hill reportedly decided the role was not for her.

Sports Illustrated sports media insider Richard Deitsch is reporting that Hill will be leaving SportsCenter for a role at ESPN’s The Undefeated. According to Deitsch, Hill asked for the reassignment.

ESPN made a big gamble on the new SportsCenter, called “SC6,” which attempted to fuse pop culture and conversation into the 6 p.m. ET SportsCenter and went away from traditional highlights that the show had become known for. In a new age of television and social media, ESPN’s flagship program continues to struggle with how to deal with sports coverage considering most people now know results immediately via their smartphones and don’t rely on SportsCenter to give them sports scores.

The timing of this move is curious, given that former ESPN President John Skipper has taken a leave of absence. Skipper was known to be one of Hill’s biggest supporters at the network. Skipper is not expected to return to ESPN at this time.

Thank God.  While I didn't care for her to go so far in the political talk that isn't the reason I like her leaving.  I thought she sucks as a sports anchor.  There is a chance I may be willing to watch their 6 pm again.

ESPN finally made a decision we can all agree with!

She’s the least talented anchor espn ever produced. She doesnt know squat about most sports related topics. Meanwhile they fired numerous other female personalities that ran circles around her.  

Some things are indeed about race. And her hiring, promotion, retention, etc was solely because she was a black female in a male and white female dominated market. I’m sure her liberalness didn’t hurt her with espn and Disney execs either.  

Espn once had the most talented group of reporters in the industry. No matter the color or gender. Once they started forcing diversity and making talent secondary they started to fail. Fox has the best now and it’s not even close. Literally the only espn personality with any talent left is SVP and Mike Greenburg

Edited by GoldenRebel

I used to live for NFL Primetime in the 1980s and 90s

An hour of highlights focusing on each game

There were no stupid hot takes, just analysis

I miss those days

2 minutes ago, zartan said:

I used to live for NFL Primetime in the 1980s and 90s

An hour of highlights focusing on each game

There were no stupid hot takes, just analysis

I miss those days

Amen!

Stewart Scott, dan Patrick, Linda Cohn, Rich Eisen, John Anderson, Buccigross, Suzy Kolber, and of course Berman. All so good at their jobs. 

MLB Network has one of the better groups now. I’ll watch it esclusively during the season 

54 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

MLB Network has one of the better groups now. I’ll watch it esclusively during the season 

totally. I like harold baines. and having the rights for extended live look-ins Is key.

Michael Hill just takes the angry man shtick over the top.

They're both terrible.

The hip-hop/political crap has ruined ESPN. If you don't believe me, watch First Take.

This thread made my day. May her pussy become kapernicks worst nightmare

I only watch espn for the games.

Glad I missed the bs that is going on there.

Espn is retaining her of course. 

59 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Espn is retaining her of course. 

Of course. Otherwise she'd bring a lawsuit.