Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrimsoNation713

Daboll Going Back to NFL

50 posts in this topic

Alabama's Brian Daboll joining Sean McDermott's staff as Bills' OC

4:06 PM C

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills hired Brian Daboll to be their offensive coordinator, the team announced Sunday.

Daboll spent last season at Alabama, where he led the Crimson Tide's offense to a national championship. He replaces Rick Dennison, whom the Bills fired last week after one season.

"We are excited to hire Brian as our offensive coordinator and welcome him back to Western New York," Bills coach Sean McDermott said in a statement. "I know how much this area means to him. He is a good coach and a good teacher and has been part of winning programs in the NFL and in college."

Daboll attended St. Francis High School in the Buffalo suburb of Hamburg, New York, and played football at the University of Rochester. He also owns a home in the Buffalo area.

This will be Daboll's fourth stint as an offensive coordinator in the NFL, having previously led the offenses of the Cleveland Browns (2009-10), Miami Dolphins(2011) and Kansas City Chiefs (2012). He had two stints as an assistant coach for the New England Patriots.

Daboll was a restricted-earnings coach for William & Mary in 1997 when McDermott played on that team.

The Bills finished 29th in average yards per game (302.6) and were tied for 24th in offensive points scored (17.6) this season. Buffalo finished with a 9-7 record and lost 10-3 in an AFC wild-card game to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

well,that's it,dynasty over...turn out the lights,the party's over.....

just kidding,next guy up...rinse,repeat...

38 minutes ago, zartan said:

I guess those ass-chewings get old fast

isn't there some retirement money for nfl coaches?

16 minutes ago, RammaJamma said:

Holla...

actually you were the first one I thought of for OC.

need some paid help?

2 hours ago, L.A.Hog said:

isn't there some retirement money for nfl coaches?

Alabama is a state school so there's retirement there. Have no idea about NFL.

1 hour ago, L.A.Hog said:

actually you were the first one I thought of for OC.

need some paid help?

You do know saying offensive things has nothing to do with actually coaching offense right?

39 minutes ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

Alabama is a state school so there's retirement there. Have no idea about NFL.

After 10 years, coaches qualify for the Alabama teacher's pension fund.

Edited by Noah

8 minutes ago, Noah said:

After 10 years, coaches qualify for the Alabama teacher's pension fund.

well, not many will retire under the Alabama state retirement under Saban.

Burton Burns and Scott Cochran qualify for a pension.

This year when Bama played Georgia there was only one coach on the staff that played Georgia in 2012. It's crazy how strong that is Saban just hires them adds his influence and the process rolls on. Just something else that makes this run so dominate when compared to great coaches in the past. Like scholarship limits and players leaving early coaches in those days were with staffs for years.

12 hours ago, Noah said:

Burton Burns and Scott Cochran qualify for a pension.

hth could I forget Cochran ??

Makes me wonder if daboll is leaving on his own or was Saban desirous of a new OC

Edited by Haymaker

54 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Makes me wonder if daboll is leaving on his own or was Saban desirous of a new OC

I think Saban's ire got him and he saw a chance to jet. The one thing is, he grew up in Buffalo so it may have a lot to do with it too.

Definitely believe it was more of him hopping on an opportunity than Bama looking for change. He never moved his family down here and with so much changeover in the NFL, he was going to be a two year hire at most.

A lot of added excitement this off-season. Two new coordinators incoming,  we better promote Lupoi though, Locksley I'm split on being OC.

One half of watching Tua was enough to make me watch no cfb next year

Alabama is going to win again

9 minutes ago, Tider27 said:

Definitely believe it was more of him hopping on an opportunity than Bama looking for change. He never moved his family down here and with so much changeover in the NFL, he was going to be a two year hire at most.

A lot of added excitement this off-season. Two new coordinators incoming,  we better promote Lupoi though, Locksley I'm split on being OC.

The players seem to like Lock and have a lot of respect for him.

1 minute ago, zartan said:

One half of watching Tua was enough to make me watch no cfb next year

Alabama is going to win again

ohhhhhhhhhh come on lil buckaroo Put that Bama jersey and get busy.

8 minutes ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

The players seem to like Lock and have a lot of respect for him.

ohhhhhhhhhh come on lil buckaroo Put that Bama jersey and get busy.

It's a pretty crappy situation to start every college football season saying 'maybe, if everything breaks right, our rival won't be national champions again this year'

Clay Travis sources say Freeze interviewed already

Players getting on Twitter wanting Locks. He'll be going to F$U otherwise I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, zartan said:

It's a pretty crappy situation to start every college football season saying 'maybe, if everything breaks right, our rival won't be national champions again this year'

There is an extremely small margin between a win or loss.  Even given Alabama's talent advantage, we were a couple games away from a 9-3 season. 

It seems to me that the difference boils down to game time coaching... especially the second half adjustment against an inspired rival can make all the difference in the world.  

Maybe that's why Saban speaks so often about his favor team overcoming adversity.

Edited by Noah

1 hour ago, GoldenRebel said:

Clay Travis sources say Freeze interviewed already

Yep according to some Ttown folks, Hugh Freeze was indeed in Tuscaloosa today. He could end up being an offensive analyst of some sorts or adviser non-staff during the season, but this is very interesting.