Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cocky4ever

Nick Saban to the Giants

79 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JoeGator said:

What do you lose from this 2017 team?

Still got your head buried in the sand, I see. This isn't going to be a deal where Georgia just has one great senior class and then you don't have to worry about them for another three years. We're not going anywhere. Kirby has out recruited everyone in this conference since he set foot on campus and you haven't even seen his final product. Second year. Saban lost the SEC championship game in his second year at Alabama. Kirby won the damned thing and took his team to within an overtime score of winning the national title. Your new coach got drummed 31-3 by Kirby's team this year. Good luck. 

Once again, Kirby didn’t have the top class last year, Saban and Alabama did.

Bama isn’t going anywhere, and recruiting just as harder than him will only push him to do better in his eyes. Which to I say good fucking luck.

8 hours ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

You and Tennessee didn't make a bowl this year, dude. We're going to roll over the East again next season and be right back in the post-season. I think just about everyone except Florida and Tennessee fans recognize that, and y'all know it but just don't want to admit it. So, hello from Earth!

I hope the Dawgs are overlooking week 2 on the road as much as you are.

7 hours ago, Tider27 said:

Once again, Kirby didn’t have the top class last year, Saban and Alabama did.

Bama isn’t going anywhere, and recruiting just as harder than him will only push him to do better in his eyes. Which to I say good fucking luck.

UGA's recruiting class for 2018 is LOADED. And as a Tide fan that just watched how much of an impact true freshman can make, I am not so sure I would be so dismissive. 

This has a lot of the writings on the wall as the end of the Meyer dynasty at UF did with losing to Saban and seeing that giant growing. I am not saying Nick is going anywhere and by no means is he intimidated, I am saying Bama might finally have someone else in their weight class they have to fight with 1-2 times a season. 

This is football's version of Joshua/Wilder. (As a Bama boy, I hope you get that reference. :10_wink:

1 hour ago, cocky4ever said:

I hope the Dawgs are overlooking week 2 on the road as much as you are.

Overlooking a mostly rebuilt USC and Mizzou next year in the east... It's a bold move... let's see how it works out for him.

Edited by MizzouMark

4 hours ago, hog_heaven said:

UGA's recruiting class for 2018 is LOADED. And as a Tide fan that just watched how much of an impact true freshman can make, I am not so sure I would be so dismissive. 

This has a lot of the writings on the wall as the end of the Meyer dynasty at UF did with losing to Saban and seeing that giant growing. I am not saying Nick is going anywhere and by no means is he intimidated, I am saying Bama might finally have someone else in their weight class they have to fight with 1-2 times a season. 

This is football's version of Joshua/Wilder. (As a Bama boy, I hope you get that reference. :10_wink:

I didn’t intend to be dismissive at all in what I said, I’m saying Bama has done this for a while like we know. It still requires depth and veteran leaders for these freshman to flourish on the big stage, IMO. Bama had 37 Under Armor All Americans on their roster in the playoff, that was more than the other three teams combined. I know it’s a ridiculous amount of talent, I just didn’t figure I had to remind people.

No doubt is Kirby a great recruiter and he’s taken what he’s learned to even improve on it. I’m just saying Bama will keep up their same level, if not increasing for these recruiting battles. We’ll both have our fair share of steals, but Bama isn’t the only school invading the state of Georgia recruiting. We’ll find out how consistent they stay.

Edited by Tider27

5 hours ago, hog_heaven said:

HAHAHA!!! Yale and Princeton tho!! :4_joy::4_joy:

Capture.PNG

Left off UCF...

1 hour ago, possumslayer said:

Left off UCF...

One of those they gave Minnesota was ours. We were undefeated. Seems they were a 3 loss team and lost their bowl game. Yet you have to remember 90% of sports writers either lived in big 10 or pac 10 country. The bias was awful. It’s the reason we eventually are where we are now. Hmmmm? The media bias back then? Assholes ain’t truthful ever. 

19 hours ago, hog_heaven said:

Saba would have still been at Miami if the medical staff didn't talk him out of the Brees trade. 

Can you imagine if Brees would have went to Miami. The battles between the Dolphins and Pats. 

My life as a saints fan would be a little darker

2 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Very true. 

What's that SB Nation channel on YouTube that does the hypotheticals? This would be a good one... 

On 1/10/2018 at 10:22 AM, Tider27 said:

I didn’t intend to be dismissive at all in what I said, I’m saying Bama has done this for a while like we know. It still requires depth and veteran leaders for these freshman to flourish on the big stage, IMO. Bama had 37 Under Armor All Americans on their roster in the playoff, that was more than the other three teams combined. I know it’s a ridiculous amount of talent, I just didn’t figure I had to remind people.

No doubt is Kirby a great recruiter and he’s taken what he’s learned to even improve on it. I’m just saying Bama will keep up their same level, if not increasing for these recruiting battles. We’ll both have our fair share of steals, but Bama isn’t the only school invading the state of Georgia recruiting. We’ll find out how consistent they stay.

And like most those kids from Louisiana they'll get tired of getting that ass beat everytime Bama rolls around and those top in state recruits will come to Tuscaloosa.

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 2:14 PM, GoldenRebel said:

how much you think marcus williams got paid to miss that tackle?

35 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

how much you think marcus williams got paid to miss that tackle?

Not enough 

2 minutes ago, bbqit said:

3A9148ED-E110-4EB8-8AD3-E943F975DF93.jpeg

Wild game last night...glad I stayed with it till the end.... would like to have seen kamara get one more game .

Saban to the Titans.

45 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

not enough 

but enough for him to deem worth It.  I suppose threats could have been Involved too.

1 minute ago, possumslayer said:

Saban to the Titans.

split time between titans and vandy.

9 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

but enough for him to deem worth It.  I suppose threats could have been Involved too.

Either take the money offered or buy a funeral suit

Vikings would have still gotten the field goal.

wouldnt have had time to get to line spike it. 

11 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

wouldnt have had time to get to line spike it. 

If he went out of bounds right after the catch, Minnesota may have had time for the FG.  Actually, when he caught it, I was yelling for him to go out of bounds.  I didn't realize there was no one between him and the end zone.

What did that Saints safety think the ball was coming to the guy in front of him instead of Diggs behind him? Looks like he dived at the player the Saints corner was covering to tackle him or disrupt the catch.