Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cocky4ever

Nick Saban to the Giants

79 posts in this topic

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753273-bruce-arians-nick-saban-covets-giants-hc-job-could-leave-alabama-for-nfl

Nick Saban won his fifth national championship in nine years at Alabama on Monday night, but Bruce Arians said Saban could consider another jump to the NFL.

On The Herd with Colin Cowherd on Tuesday, the former Arizona Cardinals coach said Saban covets the New York Giants job:

Herd w/Colin Cowherd@TheHerd

"It wouldn't surprise me. There's a job he covets and it just happens to be open... The Giants." — @BruceArians on Nick Saban returning to the NFL https://t.co/BWcZl8lrNz

1/9/2018, 4:02:02 PM

When asked why the Giants would be so appealing, Arians simply said, "Because they're the New York Giants."

"When we grew up, they were the thing," he said.

Arians, 65, announced his retirement from coaching Jan. 1. A year older, Saban may not want to make another career shift.

The Alabama coach had an unsuccessful run as an NFL head coach, going just 15-17 with the Miami Dolphins in 2005-06.

While the Giants job is open after Ben McAdoo was fired Dec. 4, there are tons of questions about a team that went just 3-13 in 2017. Even if Eli Manning remains the starting quarterback, the gig would be a major reclamation project for a man who is already in a great position.

Saban matched Bear Bryant for the most national championships in college football history when he won his sixth title Monday and has a 132-20 record in 11 years with the Crimson Tide. In the 26-23 overtime victory against Georgia, the team's leading passer, rusher and receiver were freshmen. Saban also has the No. 5 recruiting class in the country coming in next season, per 247Sports.

Figured it wouldn't take long for some story to come out saying Saban to "fill in the blank". :lol:

1 minute ago, GAMECOCK_FAN said:

Figured it wouldn't take long for some story to come out saying Saban to "fill in the blank". :lol:

Then Dabo can go to Bama and we’ll be well on our way👍

Saban isn't going to the Giants but I think it's fair to start asking questions about when he leaves. And I don't think Dabo or Kirby will be the one to replace him. 

8 minutes ago, Based Potato said:

Saban isn't going to the Giants but I think it's fair to start asking questions about when he leaves. And I don't think Dabo or Kirby will be the one to replace him. 

This^^

I will bet a confidential search under saban supervision has begun. He will coach 2018 and I doubt he leaves until a person he oks is found. 

Saba would have still been at Miami if the medical staff didn't talk him out of the Brees trade. 

Can you imagine if Brees would have went to Miami. The battles between the Dolphins and Pats. 

3 hours ago, bbqit said:

This^^

I will bet a confidential search under saban supervision has begun. He will coach 2018 and I doubt he leaves until a person he oks is found. 

He said in an interview once that he would not know what it means to not be on a team as he has been a part of a team since he was five years old.......honestly I see him coaching at least another three years, he is looking more tired than usual 

Edited by Haymaker

2 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

He said in an interview once that he would not know what it means to not be in a team as he has been a part if a team since he was five years old.......honestly I see him coaching at least another three years, he is looking more tired than usual 

Yeah, even my wife said Saban looked a lot older during the game last night.

5 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

He said in an interview once that he would not know what it means to not be in a team as he has been a part if a team since he was five years old.......honestly I see him coaching at least another three years, he is looking more tired than usual 

Very possible. I just see him being part of the replacement search. It’s still one of those things that the coach doesn’t leave until you have your replacement in hand. 

53 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Very possible. I just see him being part of the replacement search. It’s still one of those things that the coach doesn’t leave until you have your replacement in hand. 

well he recommended Nutt to succeed him at LSU,so there's that...

8 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

well he recommended Nutt to succeed him at LSU,so there's that...

Oh please do that again

2 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Oh please do that again

just think of all those Cotton Bowls they could go to with all that talent...

Just now, L.A.Hog said:

just think of all those Cotton Bowls they could go to with all that talent...

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Pretty sure Saban's next stop is retirement. And I think it's less than 3 years away. Won't be surprised if we're looking at a title rematch between he and Kirby next year and this time he ends up on the losing end and hangs it up afterward. 

13 minutes ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Pretty sure Saban's next stop is retirement. And I think it's less than 3 years away. Won't be surprised if we're looking at a title rematch between he and Kirby next year and this time he ends up on the losing end and hangs it up afterward. 

Hi, welcome to Earth.

What planet are you from?

3 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Hi, welcome to Earth.

What planet are you from?

You and Tennessee didn't make a bowl this year, dude. We're going to roll over the East again next season and be right back in the post-season. I think just about everyone except Florida and Tennessee fans recognize that, and y'all know it but just don't want to admit it. So, hello from Earth!

Nick isn’t going anywhere until he surpasses Bear in titles......got an ego to feed, damnit. 

4 minutes ago, BlackSheep 171 said:

Nick isn’t going anywhere until he surpasses Bear in titles......got an ego to feed, damnit. 

Bear's real titles or including the ones Bama/bama fans made up for him?

I'll hate to see Saban go.I don't like losing to him,but he is one of,if not the last,old school coach that's left.

7 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

Bear's real titles or including the ones Bama/bama fans made up for him?

Bear has six AP titles......please tell us more about shit that bothers you deep down inside as a man

22 minutes ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

You and Tennessee didn't make a bowl this year, dude. We're going to roll over the East again next season and be right back in the post-season. I think just about everyone except Florida and Tennessee fans recognize that, and y'all know it but just don't want to admit it. So, hello from Earth!

What do you lose from this 2017 team?

5 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Bear has six AP titles......please tell us more about shit that bothers you deep down inside as a man

when you suck you tend to say stupid things

2 minutes ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

when you suck you tend to say stupid things

Sumbitch those msu fans gonna be institutionalized 

42 minutes ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

????

???? Why are you bringing us into this?

2 minutes ago, Based Potato said:

????

???? Why are you bringing us into this?

It’s the off-season. Doesn’t matter