Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mizzou_Fan

Drew Lock Returning

26 posts in this topic

Next year should be exciting.... 2019 ... maybe less so... We will learn if BO is up to the challenge in 2019 for sure. 2018 better not be a 7-6 or his ass will be grass with everything we have coming back.

Edited by MizzouMark

It’s rarely as good as you expect and rarely as bad as others expect

43 minutes ago, bbqit said:

It’s rarely as good as you expect and rarely as bad as others expect

We've had Chase Daniel do it and his junior year was far more impressive... We're no amateurs at this show, also we're Mizzou if there's a way to fuck it up even when it's not supposed to go wrong. We will.

20 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Was he thinking about leaving?

Was almost a guarantee there for a bit it seemed after the OC left. 

Those powerpoints must be REALLY good

10 minutes ago, Based Potato said:

Those powerpoints must be REALLY good

As long as the recruits like the PowerPoints. 

prolly needs another year to work on his TD celebration. 

Dooley doing work.

Poor decision, IMO. I think he's one of the best quarterbacks eligible for the draft this year. I rate him just behind Drew Rosen as a pro prospect. Darnold is overrated as hell and Mayfield has Manziel written all over him.

36 minutes ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Poor decision, IMO. I think he's one of the best quarterbacks eligible for the draft this year. I rate him just behind Drew Rosen as a pro prospect. Darnold is overrated as hell and Mayfield has Manziel written all over him.

He still has a lot to work on. If he leaves now he's a third round pick. I bet you he's a first rounder next year. 

21 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

He still has a lot to work on. If he leaves now he's a third round pick. I bet you he's a first rounder next year. 

it's a crap shoot,if the money's there he needs to go.

I used to get pissed when kids left early,but it's business now.

can't blame them..

20 hours ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

As long as the recruits like the PowerPoints. 

lol Dooley can't recruit to save his life, in large part because he hates doing it.

I have no idea what Dooley has ever done to show he's deserving of being an offensive coordinator given the whole fact that he's never been one in his life, but is what it is I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

lol Dooley can't recruit to save his life, in large part because he hates doing it.

I have no idea what Dooley has ever done to show he's deserving of being an offensive coordinator given the whole fact that he's never been one in his life, but is what it is I suppose.

The stories I've heard about him on my recruiting trips around the state are something.  He somehow managed to pretty much piss off every high school coach he ever talked to.

1 hour ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

He's not going to get better with Dooley. He might get worse. See any QB that played under Dooley.

43 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

it's a crap shoot,if the money's there he needs to go.

I used to get pissed when kids left early,but it's business now.

can't blame them..

I'm aware that it's a business decision and I believe he made the best business decision for him. Next years qb class should be weaker and lock could really move himself up the draft board. 

9 minutes ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

He's not going to get better with Dooley. He might get worse. See any QB that played under Dooley.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dooley has a very hands off approach with lock. For all of the practices before the bowl game, lock coached the qbs and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a big role with that this year. As for lock, he needs to prove he can consistently make intermediate throws and read a defense. One of his knocks in his draft report was Mizzous style of offense, if he can produce in a more pro style offense, then his stick will rise. 

4 hours ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Mayfield has Manziel written all over him.

When it comes to uncontrolled emotion I agree but this guy walked on. He had to do the work. From weight room, to practice and film room. He wasn’t blessed a short cut. I see him doing the work to make it where johnnykins just wasn’t cut out to have rough hands

11 hours ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

What kind of supporting cast will be joining him next year?

3 hours ago, cocky4ever said:

What kind of supporting cast will be joining him next year?

The only two offensive players we lose are j'mon moore and ish witter who was our third best running back. 

14 hours ago, bbqit said:

When it comes to uncontrolled emotion I agree but this guy walked on. He had to do the work. From weight room, to practice and film room. He wasn’t blessed a short cut. I see him doing the work to make it where johnnykins just wasn’t cut out to have rough hands

It wasnt the off field characteristics I was referring to - he's just not physically the type of player who can be a QB in the league. He's too small, his game isn't suited to that level... how far do you figure he'll get playing "playground ball" on a field where all the defenders are faster than him? I don't see it. 

Wasn’t Lock graded late 1st round? 

2 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

Wasn’t Lock graded late 1st round? 

NFL gave him a grade of return to school which is the equivalent of third round or later. 

Edited by Mizzou_Fan

22 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

NFL gave him a grade of return to school which is the equivalent of third round or later. 

Gotcha. I remember seeing a few mocks that had him late 1st so I just assumed that’s where he was graded. 

I think it’s a good decision because next years qb class is weak in comparison. Not that I think any of this years are that good but the name and school recognition is there

Edited by GoldenRebel

21 hours ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dooley has a very hands off approach with lock. For all of the practices before the bowl game, lock coached the qbs and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a big role with that this year. As for lock, he needs to prove he can consistently make intermediate throws and read a defense. One of his knocks in his draft report was Mizzous style of offense, if he can produce in a more pro style offense, then his stick will rise

rockeyebrows.gif