Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueGCFan

The East Quickly Is Closing the Gap on the West

146 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

rankings are pretty tricky

if you load up on olinemen in a class they don't tend to carry as much clout as skill players and such.

also size of classes and so on.

all I know is bama has an abundance of very large,athletic kids who don't mind waiting their turn.

disgusting...

You can get a pretty good feel just by seeing which schools offer kids. 

2 hours ago, Based Potato said:

Not so sure Jimbo is much better than Sumlin, honestly. Take Sumlin and put him in the ACC, with the recruits Jimbo had, and I'm not so sure his records don't look the same, TBH. That and Texas recruits are overrated as fuck. 

Also, Tennessee making steps is still very much left to be determined. Pruitt is a good coach but we're hemorrhaging what little talent we had left. I don't think we'll lose 8 again, but getting to 6 wins will be tough, especially if we don't beat WVU.

I will say this, he's gotten a better start to recruiting than Jones did and there are better recruiters on this staff than Jones ever had. If we finish in the 8-12 range I might be able to convince myself that we can be relevant in 2 or 3 years.

On Tuesday, January 09, 2018 at 4:11 PM, possumslayer said:

Will the east be more evenly matched and end up with 6-6 teams at best..

I think UGA will be at Bama level with UF close behind and the rest of us fighting at 6-6 to 8-4......until Pruitt gets y'all back up to UGA talent level.

On Tuesday, January 09, 2018 at 5:00 PM, cocky4ever said:

Not saying they are as good, saying they are closing the gap.

Bama is always Bama. Auburn just had their one great season so they should have about three decent ones coming up. LSU still has Orgeron. A&M won’t do much better if any with Fisher. Arkansas got a guy who needs top notch talent and won’t have a defense, which doesn’t work in the SEC. MSU is completely unknown but it’s hard to imagine him being as good  as Mullen. Ole Miss has an inexperienced coach design with sanctions.

UGA is moving up and recruiting better at he same time, Muschamp tripled SC’s wins in two years and is continuing to build, UF just stole the 2nd best coach in the West, UT can’t grt much worse and will probably get a little better over the next few years, Mizzou is stabilizing, and Vandy will bounce back to be respectable. 

And UK who's beaten y'all 4 in a row is respectable and I think you're overlooking them. But hey that's okay.....we'll figure that out on the field this season. UK was 4 pts from being 9-3 last season and maybe Stoopid has grown some more as a HC.

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

West is slipping making the east look better

bingo eddie animated GIF

On 1/9/2018 at 5:43 PM, BlackSheep 171 said:

I know we aren’t finished due to the early NSD and the regular coming up, but this has to be the lowest class Saban has had since his first year, right? 

TBH I dont know if it matters much, and you won’t see it at all next year because they are so stacked with talent. 

We won't have the #1 class  simply because we only have 21 schollys to give out, i believe.

The OP is correct, though--the East is finally starting to recover, and that is a good thing. Uga may drop back a bit, cause losing talent like Chubb and Michel is gonna hurt.

SC appears to be on a slow but steady upward trajectory.

TN is a Trump-esque shithole, but they finally appear to have a competent coach.

Edited by jthomas666

2 hours ago, bbqit said:

West is slipping making the east look better

The West is slipping, but the East is getting better. 

36 minutes ago, TrueGCFan said:

The West is slipping, making the East look better. 

FYP

21 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

We won't have the #1 class  simply because we only have 21 schollys to give out, i believe.

The OP is correct, though--the East is finally starting to recover, and that is a good thing. Uga may drop back a bit, cause losing talent like Chubb and Michel is gonna hurt.

SC appears to be on a slow but steady upward trajectory.

TN is a Trump-esque shithole, but they finally appear to have a competent coach.

Name the last time Georgia had any trouble replacing running backs. 

DeAndre Swift could have been the leading rusher at any other school in the country this year. He was third string. He still has Elijah Holyfield backing him up, who likely would have been in the two deep at any SEC school this past season and is joined by the top RB recruit in the nation next season and for good measure we're adding another of the top five RB recruits into the mix. And the OL gets deeper. 

We'll be just fine at tailback. Come week 3 we'll be hearing the same thing we hear every year - "looks like UGA has another one." The more interesting thing to watch will be who replaces Roquan Smith as the leader on defense. 

1 hour ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Name the last time Georgia had any trouble replacing running backs. 

DeAndre Swift could have been the leading rusher at any other school in the country this year. He was third string. He still has Elijah Holyfield backing him up, who likely would have been in the two deep at any SEC school this past season and is joined by the top RB recruit in the nation next season and for good measure we're adding another of the top five RB recruits into the mix. And the OL gets deeper. 

We'll be just fine at tailback. Come week 3 we'll be hearing the same thing we hear every year - "looks like UGA has another one." The more interesting thing to watch will be who replaces Roquan Smith as the leader on defense. 

Come week three we’ll probably be hearing “can UGA bounce back and win the division after losing to SC in week 2?”

Nathan Deal just declared Horseshoes to be the official sport of Georgia. 

3 hours ago, smokeyone said:

Nathan Deal just declared Horseshoes to be the official sport of Georgia. 

Hey, at least there close enough counts...

26 minutes ago, dawgbit said:

tumblr_m3tl7k8U1T1r0rwuco2_400.gif

1 hour ago, dawgbit said:

Last I checked the SEC championship counts. And like 9 of you will never sniff that. 

Edited by Hob's_Ghost

18 minutes ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Last I checked the SEC championship counts. And like 9 of you will never sniff that. 

Last I checked a maid of honor was still just a bridesmaid with a prettier dress.. But it must have been so wonderful for you standing up there at the altar next to the bride...sniff...sob...

39 minutes ago, dawgbit said:

Last I checked a maid of honor was still just a bridesmaid with a prettier dress.. But it must have been so wonderful for you standing up there at the altar next to the bride...sniff...sob...

Considering before the season started nobody would have believed we'd be there, yeah, it did. And again, you'll never know what it's like, so, there's that. 

9 hours ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Considering before the season started nobody would have believed we'd be there, yeah, it did. And again, you'll never know what it's like, so, there's that. 

I’ve seen usce do the same thing

9 hours ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

Sniff...sob...

13 hours ago, dawgbit said:

Between the Falcons and dawgs they would be awesome in that sport.

12 hours ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

tumblr_m3tl7k8U1T1r0rwuco2_400.gif

I got the local radio talk show host to spend a segment on why it makes sense to do it.

8 hours ago, bbqit said:

I’ve seen usce do the same thing

No, you haven't.

9 hours ago, dawgbit said:

Sniff...sob...

I mean we were #1 and longer than Georgia who remained there for only 1 week.

18 hours ago, Hob's_Ghost said:

It will take GA at least 2 years to get back. They lose too much on defense. 

Edited by bulldawg28

1 hour ago, bulldawg28 said:

I mean we were #1 and longer than Georgia who remained there for only 1 week.

Hell, we had bama on the ropes til the last minute of the game too.