Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrueGCFan

The East Quickly Is Closing the Gap on the West

146 posts in this topic

Yes I know that Bama just beat UGA in the national title game, but the massive gap between is East and West is closing and closing fast.  

I think in the near future the East will be on pair or even better, as a whole, than the West.  

Here are a handful of reasons I believe this is happening:

• The East finally won an SEC title game
  • UGA played about as close to Bama as possible with out winning
  • In the 2017 coaching carousel the East came out way ahead of the West:
  1. UF and UT both made hires that were better than what they had (including UF stealing the 2nd best coach in the West)
  2. Arky, Ole Miss, Miss State, and LSU have all taken steps backward with coaching changes recently 
  3. Texas A&M is the only West team that hired a better coach than what they had before
  • Going into next season the West will have 4 teams (Bama, Auburn, LSU, and Miss State) ranked in the top 25 and East will have 2 (UGA and Carolina) teams.  By the end of the season I expect it to be closer to 3 and 3 with Bama, LSU, and Auburn in the West and UGA, Carolina and UF from the East to finished ranked.  
  • Recruiting going forward will be more evely split
  1. With UGA, Carolina, Tenn, and UF all taking major steps forward now and in the years to come. 
  2. I expect Bama to Bama, Texas A&M, Auburn and LSU to continue what they always do with solid classes, but look for Miss State, Ole Miss, and Arky to take major steps backwards. 

There is still a gap, but it's not nearly as wide as it has been and getting closed quickly.

Agree 

Thanks ncaa faggot investigators 

I've heard too many times that UT is going to make it back to relevancy so I'll just believe it when I see it.

9 minutes ago, Titans4Vols said:

I've heard too many times that UT is going to make it back to relevancy so I'll just believe it when I see it.

I didn't say you guys are going to be relevant.  I said you guys will be better while a number of West teams will take steps back.  :)

Agreed 100%. 

I don’t think the East will be as flashy though but will be a lot more stable and definitely not as top heavy as the West. 

Not so sure Jimbo is much better than Sumlin, honestly. Take Sumlin and put him in the ACC, with the recruits Jimbo had, and I'm not so sure his records don't look the same, TBH. That and Texas recruits are overrated as fuck. 

Also, Tennessee making steps is still very much left to be determined. Pruitt is a good coach but we're hemorrhaging what little talent we had left. I don't think we'll lose 8 again, but getting to 6 wins will be tough, especially if we don't beat WVU.

Will the east be more evenly matched and end up with 6-6 teams at best..

The east is using West coaches to say they are as good as the west. Hmmmm? Well, Georgia does look the part. Coat tails?

Edited by bbqit

Our backward step was this past season.We will get better soon.

35 minutes ago, TrueGCFan said:

I didn't say you guys are going to be relevant.  I said you guys will be better while a number of West teams will take steps back.  :)

West just got Jimbo and of couse there's

Matt Luke :ninja:

18 minutes ago, bbqit said:

The east is using West coaches to say they are as good as the west. Hmmmm? Well, Georgia does look the part. Coat tails?

Not saying they are as good, saying they are closing the gap.

Bama is always Bama. Auburn just had their one great season so they should have about three decent ones coming up. LSU still has Orgeron. A&M won’t do much better if any with Fisher. Arkansas got a guy who needs top notch talent and won’t have a defense, which doesn’t work in the SEC. MSU is completely unknown but it’s hard to imagine him being as good  as Mullen. Ole Miss has an inexperienced coach design with sanctions.

UGA is moving up and recruiting better at he same time, Muschamp tripled SC’s wins in two years and is continuing to build, UF just stole the 2nd best coach in the West, UT can’t grt much worse and will probably get a little better over the next few years, Mizzou is stabilizing, and Vandy will bounce back to be respectable. 

Bama and Georgia are cleaning up with recruits,they'll be solid.

the rest is a crap shoot...

3 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

Auburn, LSU, UT, UF, and SC are all in the top 18

1 minute ago, L.A.Hog said:

last year?

For recruiting

this year

52 minutes ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

West just got Jimbo and of couse there's

Matt Luke :ninja:

Sumbitch

😀

36 minutes ago, cocky4ever said:

Not saying they are as good, saying they are closing the gap.

Bama is always Bama. Auburn just had their one great season so they should have about three decent ones coming up. LSU still has Orgeron. A&M won’t do much better if any with Fisher. Arkansas got a guy who needs top notch talent and won’t have a defense, which doesn’t work in the SEC. MSU is completely unknown but it’s hard to imagine him being as good  as Mullen. Ole Miss has an inexperienced coach design with sanctions.

UGA is moving up and recruiting better at he same time, Muschamp tripled SC’s wins in two years and is continuing to build, UF just stole the 2nd best coach in the West, UT can’t grt much worse and will probably get a little better over the next few years, Mizzou is stabilizing, and Vandy will bounce back to be respectable. 

I’m just messin with y’all. The east will be for real next year

1 minute ago, cocky4ever said:

For recruiting

this year

I thought you meant polls...

bama is on plug and play level,georgia looks to be moving quickly in that direction.

must be nice...

Stuff like this is so hard to predict, but I like the effort. 

Ill be interested to see how the paths of the two QB’s from last night unfold. Fromm is the 5 star with all the accolades, could he finish 2nd his entire career to a better QB? I just watched it unfold in Mason Rudolph vs Baker Mayfield. Mason was the best Okie Lite ever had and a higher recruit, but his career ran right along Baker’s who just happened to be a better player on a better team....same could happen to Fromm. 

14 minutes ago, L.A.Hog said:

I know we aren’t finished due to the early NSD and the regular coming up, but this has to be the lowest class Saban has had since his first year, right? 

TBH I dont know if it matters much, and you won’t see it at all next year because they are so stacked with talent. 

1 minute ago, BlackSheep 171 said:

I know we aren’t finished due to the early NSD and the regular coming up, but this has to be the lowest class Saban has had since his first year, right? 

TBH I dont know if it matters much, and you won’t see it at all next year because they are so stacked with talent. 

yeah,bless his heart,I hope he isn't losing sleep....haha

I'd like for us to have a few of his bad recruiting classes....

Just now, L.A.Hog said:

yeah,bless his heart,I hope he isn't losing sleep....haha

I'd like for us to have a few of his bad recruiting classes....

Rivals has the OU class above him, people who follow that shit a bunch are going nuts. 

1 minute ago, BlackSheep 171 said:

Rivals has the OU class above him, people who follow that shit a bunch are going nuts. 

rankings are pretty tricky

if you load up on olinemen in a class they don't tend to carry as much clout as skill players and such.

also size of classes and so on.

all I know is bama has an abundance of very large,athletic kids who don't mind waiting their turn.

disgusting...