Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GAMECOCK_FAN

National Championship Game: Alabama vs. Georgia

Alabama vs. Georgia   15 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Who Will Win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

666 posts in this topic

UGA will have to run outside successfully to have a chance. This could be another 24-6 game.

It’ll be interesting watching how Tennessee’s new staff does.

If Hurts can't figure out how to pass a ball downfield this will be a long boring game.  Bama's offense isn't OU's offense, but Bama's defense definitely isn't OU's defense.  This could be a 17-10 game.

6 minutes ago, TrueGCFan said:

If Hurts can't figure out how to pass a ball downfield this will be a long boring game.  Bama's offense isn't OU's offense, but Bama's defense definitely isn't OU's defense.  This could be a 17-10 game.

Which is what I'm expecting. Winner will have 20 points or less IMO.

1 hour ago, Herchel said:

UGA will have to run outside successfully to have a chance. This could be another 24-6 game.

Fromm is the key for y'all

Edited by CrimsoNation713

1 hour ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

Fromm is the key for y'all

Agree completely. He has to avoid turnovers and needs to give us a clutch drive or two with his arm. Coaches roundtable on ESPN for Rose Bowl were blown away by Fromm. I think its a close 20-17 type of game. My main concern is Alabama running on us, Georgia has been hit or miss vs. the run this year

It’s ridiculous to judge Conferences based on Bowl wins and losses. It’s one freakin’ game. With one game left to play, and both teams are in the SEC, these are the top conferences.
Conference Rankings

Conference Rankings.jpg

1 hour ago, TheRealBrave said:

Agree completely. He has to avoid turnovers and needs to give us a clutch drive or two with his arm. Coaches roundtable on ESPN for Rose Bowl were blown away by Fromm. I think its a close 20-17 type of game. My main concern is Alabama running on us, Georgia has been hit or miss vs. the run this year

Hurts scares me just for the fact he makes reads too late and tries to hard to make things happen. As far as our running game, Harris hasn't touched it near enough in the past two games.  We abandon the run like that, y'all will beat us.

Edited by CrimsoNation713

51 minutes ago, CrimsoNation713 said:

Hurts scares me just for the fact he makes reads too late and tries to hard to make things happen. As far as our running game, Harris hasn't touched it near enough in the past two games.  We abandon the run like that, y'all will beat us.

From SECN

Check out Jordan Rogers comparing Hurts and fromm

http://www.secsports.com/clubhouse/football

Edited by Herchel

Here is my amateurish take on the game.

QB - Big UGA advantage
RB - Advantage UGA
TE ? Ours block well, be don't throw to them
WR - ? Ridley is great, but UGA has a QB who can deliver the ball
O Line - Slight advantage UGA
D Line - Advantage Bama
LB - Push
Secondary - Advantage Bama
ST - Push
Intangibles - Huge advantage Bama. Anyone watching the Sugar Bowl knew who was going to win after the 1st quarter. UGA played a 2 OT thriller, then had to fly back across the country and reset.

What I expect.

I think both teams will play press, single high. If one team gets the passing game going, we could see cover 2, man under. UGA needs to take advantage of Hurt's poor pre-snap reads. Bama cannot play off on Fromm. He is killer on the hitch route.

On offense, both teams will do what they do. I think Chaney trusts Fromm more than Daboll trusts Hurts. I think Bama's best option is to run right at UGA. UGA has more options, but that might not be enough.

What I think will happen.

If UGA can run the toss sweep effectively, it will set up the game plan. If that happens, UGA 24-17. If Bama stuffs it, Bama 31-10.

OK, y'all can laugh now.

If #3 can keep Hurts from running wild on 3rd downs then Georgia has a real good shot

2 minutes ago, Herchel said:

Here is my amateurish take on the game.

QB - Big UGA advantage
RB - Advantage UGA
TE ? Ours block well, be don't throw to them
WR - ? Ridley is great, but UGA has a QB who can deliver the ball
O Line - Slight advantage UGA
D Line - Advantage Bama
LB - Push
Secondary - Advantage Bama
ST - Push
Intangibles - Huge advantage Bama. Anyone watching the Sugar Bowl knew who was going to win after the 1st quarter. UGA played a 2 OT thriller, then had to fly back across the country and reset.

What I expect.

I think both teams will play press, single high. If one team gets the passing game going, we could see cover 2, man under. UGA needs to take advantage of Hurt's poor pre-snap reads. Bama cannot play off on Fromm. He is killer on the hitch route.

On offense, both teams will do what they do. I think Chaney trusts Fromm more than Daboll trusts Hurts. I think Bama's best option is to run right at UGA. UGA has more options, but that might not be enough.

What I think will happen.

If UGA can run the toss sweep effectively, it will set up the game plan. If that happens, UGA 24-17. If Bama stuffs it, Bama 31-10.

OK, y'all can laugh now.

The only advantage you may have is RB and LB due to injury. 

37 minutes ago, bulldawg28 said:

Really? Please explain

53 minutes ago, bulldawg28 said:

Lulz. Georgia has a very clear advantage at qb. 

Clearly, the only advantage that will matter is who has the most points at the end of the game. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

Do they though? Cause Hurts is clutch as shit. And on this stage an experienced clutch player > talented inexperienced freshman

43 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

He's 24-2 played in a national title game. Ironically, Georgia's quarterback is the reason they will lose.

1 hour ago, Herchel said:

Really? Please explain

Talent wise Bama is behind NO ONE in any position.  You have more explosive  backs which is why i give a slight edge. However,  Bama's top two backs are just as effective and have big game experience. I give you the edge at Lb only due to injuries. Your quarterback is a true freshman and cannot compare to Bama QB. He's never been in any game to this magnitude before. Hurts is one play away from being a national champion. If your quarterback wins this game I'll agree at the quarterback position.

the hideousness of this game will haunt my dreams forever

1 hour ago, GoldenRebel said:

Do they though? Cause Hurts is clutch as shit. And on this stage an experienced clutch player > talented inexperienced freshman

He sure looked clutch in that iron bowl game. 

51 minutes ago, bulldawg28 said:

He's 24-2 played in a national title game. Ironically, Georgia's quarterback is the reason they will lose.

I'd have a max of three losses if I played at Bama. They win in spite of him not because of him. 

3 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

I'd have a max of three losses if I played at Bama. They win in spite of him not because of him. 

Not true. Georgia's quarterback hasn't been the difference in any game. Hurts has been. 

7 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

He sure looked clutch in that iron bowl game. 

Did you see Frohm when they played Auburn?

1 hour ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

Talent yes but that talent is freshman talent in the big game. Some might say it didn’t bother hurts as a freshman but having watched football for over half a century it usually isn’t a good thing in a game with so much distraction.