33* here...

breakin' out 50 SPF, speedo and a six pack of beer and gettin' some sun

Supposed to be 68 Sunday. It’s gonna feel like I’m at a Caribbean resort 

1 minute ago, GoldenRebel said:

fuggin heatstroke weather

1 hour ago, bbqit said:

It’s up to 30* here. Short sleeve weather!!! At least feels like it

Positively balmy 35 here.  Might have to break out the shorts and flop flips...

1 hour ago, GoldenRebel said:

I'm hoping to maybe get out and take the christmas lights down this weekend.  was not about to go climbing around on the roof in single digit temps with the wind blowing

50 minutes ago, nova said:

I'm hoping to maybe get out and take the christmas lights down this weekend.  was not about to go climbing around on the roof in single digit temps with the wind blowing

that was my plan, but I waited so long my wife took em down.

<<mental note for next year>>

2 hours ago, foxflyer5 said:

that was my plan, but I waited so long my wife took em down.

<<mental note for next year>>

Robert-Redford-Nod-of-approval.gif

I carried over 76 hours of vacation time and decided a couple of weeks ago to schedule some days next week to avoid some cold weather.Temps below freezing make an old man's hands and feet hurt like hell.

Well,it's supposed to be sunny and upper 50's next week.

I need to buy an almanac to schedule off  time.They seem to know what they're doing.

1 hour ago, L.A.Hog said:

I carried over 76 hours of vacation time and decided a couple of weeks ago to schedule some days next week to avoid some cold weather.Temps below freezing make an old man's hands and feet hurt like hell.

Well,it's supposed to be sunny and upper 50's next week.

I need to buy an almanac to schedule off  time.They seem to know what they're doing.

I noticed that our weather today seems very similar to around 1920.  It's all cyclical on a level

15 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I noticed that our weather today seems very similar to around 1920.  It's all cyclical on a level

That’s what MIT said 15 years ago

11 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I remember a period in the late 70's when it stayed in the twenties for a few weeks.

But lately,until this year,winters have been pretty mild.

I'm not sold on global warming,and like I've said, I'm against pollution whether it effects the weather or not.

Just now, L.A.Hog said:

I remember a period in the late 70's when it stayed in the twenties for a few weeks.

But lately,until this year,winters have been pretty mild.

I'm not sold on global warming,and like I've said, I'm against pollution whether it effects the weather or not.

Might have 83 or 84 the ground stayed frozen 17 days. I know this because my brother stole my truck to go duck hunting and got stuck to the axle the day before it hit. For 17 days I drove to the truck in my 280z just to check on it. 

24 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I hope the stock is on a different cycle than 1920s

1 minute ago, bbqit said:

Might have 83 or 84 the ground stayed frozen 17 days. I know this because my brother stole my truck to go duck hunting and got stuck to the axle the day before it hit. For 17 days I drove to the truck in my 280z just to check on it. 

The one I was thinking about was in the 70's,but we had bad winters in the 80's and 90's.

I just know that in the last,well,many years,I haven't been extremely cold like this spell.

Just seemed like the winters were harsher years ago,on a regular basis.

Maybe we are entering a cycle of colder winters,who knows..

Being stuck in between El Nino and La Nina is a bitch

50 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Damn Mexicans 

55 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

That Benny’s kids?

Many years ago I was Eastern Regional Manager for a F500 division. I had the NE US and part of Canada. I have been in Buffalo when it snowed 5'. I have also been snowed in at Beckley, WV, Syracuse, Allegheny, PA, and Millinocket, ME. I thought i had left that behind me. Maybe I need to move further south.

12 minutes ago, Herchel said:

Many years ago I was Eastern Regional Manager for a F500 division. I had the NE US and part of Canada. I have been in Buffalo when it snowed 5'. I have also been snowed in at Beckley, WV, Syracuse, Allegheny, PA, and Millinocket, ME. I thought i had left that behind me. Maybe I need to move further south.

I did the the cable systems in Bluefield, Oceania and Beckley many years ago.

Just now, WDavE said:

I did the the cable systems in Bluefield, Oceania and Beckley many years ago.

I was at the Avery Coal Company's Westport Tipple in Beckley.

Why the cable systems were so happy to that area of the state was because without cable at the time you saw no TV.  99% of the homes that cable passed signed up. There were no dish services at the time.

One cable system in Oceania bought the top of the mountain to build a tower and pick-up the local stations. They just cut the top off flat and built a 120ft tower on top of 4,000 foot mountain. Scared the crap out me trying to hang antennas on it and I was young.

I took a tour of a coal mine.. Lets just say isn't wasn't for me...

I have lived in the upper peninsula of Michigan and hunted in north west Canada. The coldest place on earth to me was South Korea in January. I was in the military and spend two weeks in a tent. I was in a mobile communication flight and this was supposedly to find out if we properly prepped.

Edited by WDavE

19 minutes ago, WDavE said:

Why the cable systems were so happy to that area of the state was because without cable at the time you saw no TV.  99% of the homes that cable passed signed up. There were no dish services at the time.

One cable system in Oceania bought the top of the mountain to build a tower and pick-up the local stations. They just cut the top off flat and built a 120ft tower on top of 4,000 foot mountain. Scared the crap out me trying to hang antennas on it and I was young.

I took a tour of a coal mine.. Lets just say isn't wasn't for me...

I have lived in the upper peninsula of Michigan and hunted in north west Canada. The coldest place on earth to me was South Korea in January. I was in the military and spend two weeks in a tent. I was in a mobile communication flight and this was supposedly to find out if we properly prepped.

My brother was the 8th Army's aviation officer. After retirement, he worked for a defense contractor coordinating joint maneuvers with the 8th and ROK Armies. He spent a lot of time there.

We moved from Bermuda to Kincheloe AFB in upper Michigan when I was a kid.

I believe to this day that is why I can't take the cold.

A nice toasty 40 here today.....thank the Lord. Supposed to be iun high 50's this weekend, back to just above normal.