Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheRealBrave

This recruiting class...

13 posts in this topic

I always told people, Richt was a good recruiter but not elite. Here is your proof. Oh my lawd

First #1 class in how long ago? Mullens coaches yo rival team? I’ve seen that recipe made. Takes six years of investigating and when little comes up Mullens sends in his players, a msu reporter and a business card given to that reporter with an ex coach and lawyer on it. Good luck

13 hours ago, bbqit said:

First #1 class in how long ago? Mullens coaches yo rival team? I’ve seen that recipe made. Takes six years of investigating and when little comes up Mullens sends in his players, a msu reporter and a business card given to that reporter with an ex coach and lawyer on it. Good luck

Yeah the situations are similar other than UGA landing Top 10 classes for over a decade, coming off of a playoff run and SECCG and having a Head Coach with a reputation as an Ace Recruiter. Other than those factors its very similar to Ole Miss

11 minutes ago, TheRealBrave said:

having a Head Coach with a reputation as an Ace Recruiter. Other than those factors its very similar to Ole Miss

By the same 2 year head coaching sample size, Hugh had the same reputation. And you can't say "but look at what Kirby recruited at Bama." Bama recruits well regardless of who the Assistants are.

4 hours ago, TheRealBrave said:

Yeah the situations are similar other than UGA landing Top 10 classes for over a decade, coming off of a playoff run and SECCG and having a Head Coach with a reputation as an Ace Recruiter. Other than those factors its very similar to Ole Miss

Be sure to read rwac post

4 hours ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

By the same 2 year head coaching sample size, Hugh had the same reputation. And you can't say "but look at what Kirby recruited at Bama." Bama recruits well regardless of who the Assistants are.

Kirby was already known as an ace recruiter in this state for years as a DC at Alabama, and if you think Alabama recruits well no matter what, good luck explaining why they sucked a fat dick for the better part of 15 years before Saban. CKS already had a relationship with most of the good high schools in this state, from his years here as RB coach and at Alabama. Much different than nobody Hugh Sleaze going into Florida and buying 5*s and hookers

Edited by TheRealBrave

So their recruiting fell off last year after Kirby left? lol 

and your post described the experience of "head coach", not assistant. Hugh brought Ole Miss recruiting up MUCH more than Kirby has brought GA. 

And sure, Georgia doesn't pay recruits (wink wink nod nod...)

Bama has lost  Cristobal, Kirby, Mel, now Pruitt.............its gonna take a minute for the Tide to get off their knees, get new relationships with HS coaches, etc

give us a minute (give Saban a minute rather cuz I aint done shit)

On 12/21/2017 at 11:23 AM, Rebel WITH a cause said:

yep,bama is on auto pilot as long as saban is there.