Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A10Rebel

recruiting...

19 posts in this topic

Considering we were in between Texas San Antonio and Rice yesterday I think we've done rather well so far.

It seems almost our entire class is defense. Which as it turns out is exactly what we were short of this past season.

Which means in 2-3 yrs we will have no offensive line.

1 minute ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

Pretty sure that big dude named Cunningham is going to be OL

46 minutes ago, bbqit said:

Gotta address defense. 

Agreed, but you can't completely ignore the OL.

8 hours ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

Agreed, but you can't completely ignore the OL.

True but those left on our list to chase for feb are mostly ol. One decent class this year could really help us walk thru this mess

Rebels definitely made huge strides yesterday. How much did the egg bowl and having Mullen leave help? Obviously a lot of the bigger schools are probably still taking the top level recruits, but I’d imagine Ole Miss probably picked up quite a few of the decent instate players.

3 hours ago, cocky4ever said:

Rebels definitely made huge strides yesterday. How much did the egg bowl and having Mullen leave help? Obviously a lot of the bigger schools are probably still taking the top level recruits, but I’d imagine Ole Miss probably picked up quite a few of the decent instate players.

This class is pretty much a wash. Msu and Mullen basically got all the instate talent while the investigation was going strong. Next year there’s going to be between 10-15 4* kids in Mississippi. Prob the best class the state has ever seen. That class will make or break Matt Luke

Edited by GoldenRebel

21 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

Pretty sure that big dude named Cunningham is going to be OL

You're the second person whose talked about this guy. Isn't he a Florida commit? What's his story?

21 hours ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

I'm the type of guy who wants four or five OL guys every year. They are the spine of the skeleton that makes up the team; they create the running game and passing game. So whereas WR and RB's are fashionable and we need them too, I love to see a giant dominate and protect our QB all day. Give an average QB time to throw and I can run routes.

Edited by A10Rebel

So I grew up watching the Big 8. I watched Tom Osborne teams run the ball for three and half quarters, dominate clock time, and beat defensive lines and linebackers into apple sauce. Nebraska was never flashy during that time but they were monsters on the O-Line and at running back. It was only late in the games when they were up by four or five touchdowns that their QB got to stretch his arm.

I love to watch us air it out, I love it. But if you want to grunt fuck the SEC that's how I'd do it.

25 minutes ago, A10Rebel said:

You're the second person whose talked about this guy. Isn't he a Florida commit? What's his story?

He signed with us yesterday

28th in recruiting after NCAA prison sex...I'll take it all day.

Battle was a nice get last night.

Msu is the only sec school left that is still warm on Ronald Ladd. There is a reason for it. 

2 hours ago, bbqit said:

Msu is the only sec school left that is still warm on Ronald Ladd. There is a reason for it. 

#thelittlebrothernetwork?

1 hour ago, Rebel WITH a cause said:

#thelittlebrothernetwork?

#thugu