Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoldenRebel

Ole Miss Sanctions

274 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, adfalcon said:

It appears Merkle has thrown his 3 balls and now ready to pitch. A few on here know what I mean by that. 

@joegator

I have no idea what you mean.

Good luck I guess?

Even though I have no idea what’s going on, I wouldn’t expect a school  that so blatantly bought recruits and got busted, to win any type of lawsuit being represented by something called “Rebel Rags”

Edited by JoeGator

This desperation to stay relevant is stereotypical of Ole Miss.

58 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Good luck I guess?

Even though I have no idea what’s going on, I wouldn’t expect a school  that so blatantly bought recruits and got busted, to win any type of lawsuit being represented by something called “Rebel Rags”

Years ago Dad was that lawyers little league coach. He would throw 3 balls just to make striking the batter out fair. 

Whether anything comes of this or not Mullens having to come back for court and taking his prostitute to Florida is not a good start

50 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Good luck I guess?

Rebel Rags is suing because they believe the ncaa, Mullen, and the players colluded to make up a false narrative about the establishment providing free gear. The evidence is in Rebel Rags favor. But defamation suits take forever and usually amount to little. The owner is a just a pissed off multi millionaire trying to get revenge on whomever he can

1 hour ago, JoeGator said:

Good luck I guess?

Look I freely admit we did this but it's not okay when a player who is cooperating with an NCAA investigation against another school to lie because "immunity." He got paid, which to my knowledge isn't permissible at any public or private institution but "immunity." And...throw anything and or anyone into the wood chipper to make the investigation more impactful seemed to be the NCAA's MO here as well. I guess investigating those accusations isn't necessary because people don't lie and oh we've got a hard on for Ole Miss. This business owner (the business name is irrelevant) got raked over the coals because of a lie and it's a joke? Hilarious...

28 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Rebel Rags is suing because they believe the ncaa, Mullen, and the players colluded to make up a false narrative about the establishment providing free gear. The evidence is in Rebel Rags favor. But defamation suits take forever and usually amount to little. The owner is a just a pissed off multi millionaire trying to get revenge on whomever he can

Like I said, petty as hell and completely typical of an Ole Miss fan.

Does he think if State/LSU/Auburn/Bamafans believe he is innocent they will buy his gear?

Edited by JoeGator

I think the Punishment should have been to wear Orange Uni's for 2 complete seasons. If that doesn't teach ya a lesson nothing will !

41 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Does he think if State/LSU/Auburn/Bamafans believe he is innocent they will buy his gear?

He only sells ole miss gear. They tried to put him out of business by disassociating him and threatening his rights to sell ncaa licenses gear

I honestly believe he likely did give players free gear. But if evidence does not exist, or in several cases points to the opposit then he shouldn’t be penalized. And his business shouldn’t be put in jeopardy. You can’t make up a false narrative and frame a person through false evidence. Like taking a picture of “free” gear received in 2014 but the gear didn’t even exist until 2016. 

Edited by GoldenRebel

51 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

He only sells ole miss gear. They tried to put him out of business by disassociating him and threatening his rights to sell ncaa licenses gear

47 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

I honestly believe he likely did give players free gear. But if evidence does not exist, or in several cases points to the opposit then he shouldn’t be penalized. And his business shouldn’t be put in jeopardy. You can’t make up a false narrative and frame a person through false evidence. Like taking a picture of “free” gear received in 2014 but the gear didn’t even exist until 2016. 

If he wasn’t allowed to sell gear anymore that’s a different story.

10 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

If he wasn’t allowed to sell gear anymore that’s a different story.

I doubt that would happen. He’s known around Oxford as being a prick. Sold all of the land that now contains Walmart, Home Depot, belk, etc. Heard he made $12 mil off that. So it’s not like he’s hurting.  

Edited by GoldenRebel

1 hour ago, GoldenRebel said:

I doubt that would happen. He’s known around Oxford as being a prick. Sold all of the land that now contains Walmart, Home Depot, belk, etc. Heard he made $12 mil off that. So it’s not like he’s hurting.  

Did not know this.

3 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

But it’s unlike Merkle to take a case like this if he thought he would lose

3 hours ago, JoeGator said:

If he gets sanctioned as an out of control booster or whatnot he would lose the ability to do business. 

Typical of a florida fan to be a pussy about dealing with the damaged goods they just hired. 

1 hour ago, GoldenRebel said:

He is a prick but that business is his thing. 

What would end everything is dropping the second year bowl ban. That’s it. No gift cards, no take us out to dinner, you can even leave lee bagley in Florida. Just get rid of second year bowl ban and it will all be over. 

6 minutes ago, bbqit said:

He is a prick but that business is his thing. 

He ain’t the kind to back down from a fight either 

Just now, bbqit said:

What would end everything is dropping the second year bowl ban. That’s it. No gift cards, no take us out to dinner, you can even leave lee bagley in Florida. Just get rid of second year bowl ban and it will all be over. 

Not happening. They made their decision in February 2016 and they have to stick with it. My bet is they relax the recruiting visit restrictions if anything.