Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mizzou_Fan

Official 2017-18 Basketball Thread (Look elsewhere for SECCG)

1,033 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, GAMECOCK_FAN said:

Gamecocks defeat Western Michigan 78-60.

i really enjoyed that keystone kops play we ran In the first half.

Cats will take some knocks, early on especially, til Cal figures out how to best deploy these guys. I do think he might try some zone tonight. This team is really long, and they like zone. However, Cal knows they need to learn how to play man, so he will always stress man to man D.

I don't expect a W tonight. This kind of game is when I'll really miss guys like Dominique Hawkins... guys who had experience.

2 hours ago, JoeGator said:

"Interesting" in the same way that the AU-UGA game was ha

I'm not ready to go that far. I think they will get punched in the mouth but keep it close. 

48 minutes ago, foxflyer5 said:

i really enjoyed that keystone kops play we ran In the first half.

That play makes me wonder what a foul really is.  There were other times when it felt like we breathed too hard and got a foul, but that play I'm pretty sure both teams hit a lot more than just ball.

42 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

I'm not ready to go that far. I think they will get punched in the mouth but keep it close. 

I meant interesting in that I will be watching to enjoy their misery in defeat.

Just now, JoeGator said:

Well of course. Kuck Fentucky Basketball. LOL

20 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

Fuck you Joe. Tonight we are Kentucky fans. 

2 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

Fuck you Joe. Tonight we are Kentucky fans. 

6 years in and you're still new.

Ole miss all time record is above .500 for the first time since 1959

22 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

6 years in and you're still new.

It could be 100 years from now, these sentiments will never change. 

1 hour ago, The Architect said:

Cats will take some knocks, early on especially, til Cal figures out how to best deploy these guys. I do think he might try some zone tonight. This team is really long, and they like zone. However, Cal knows they need to learn how to play man, so he will always stress man to man D.

I don't expect a W tonight. This kind of game is when I'll really miss guys like Dominique Hawkins... guys who had experience.

kansas has one guy who is a monster down low but other than that most of their offense will likely come from threes. They're a small team with good shooters so not sure how effective a zone would be. 

5 minutes ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

kansas has one guy who is a monster down low but other than that most of their offense will likely come from threes. They're a small team with good shooters so not sure how effective a zone would be. 

Have you seen our guys play man? It's not real good right now. Can't guard the pick n roll or the pick n pop. I'm just saying, Cal may have to mix up his defenses more than he'd like.... or he'll be as stubborn as ever and just stick with man come hell or high water.

Glad that the mizzou fan base is on board for this game... lots of bad blood left over between MU and KU. I get it 100%. I'd root for UF and UT any time they play University 6 (any sport).

46 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Have you seen our guys play man? It's not real good right now. Can't guard the pick n roll or the pick n pop. I'm just saying, Cal may have to mix up his defenses more than he'd like.... or he'll be as stubborn as ever and just stick with man come hell or high water.

Glad that the mizzou fan base is on board for this game... lots of bad blood left over between MU and KU. I get it 100%. I'd root for UF and UT any time they play University 6 (any sport).

Nope haven't watched y'all yet. I'm just going by what I saw from kansas when we played in the exhibition. 

23 hours ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

Cuonzo said he might not travel Thursday. 

Saw that. Concern level, rising.

6 hours ago, Mizzou_Fan said:

Kentucky is really missing jemarl baker. Need a shooter besides Knox. 

They hung in there well tho. I didn't think they would get smoked show but if it happened it wouldn't surprised me. 

SEC currently 22-2.. Need a good OOC showing for the committee. (Thanks for nothing Vandy)

Careful tomorrow Auby... Indiana St destroyed Indiana in Assembly Hall to boot. 

20 hours ago, GoldenRebel said:

Ole miss all time record is above .500 for the first time since 1959

And how many 20 win years did it take Kennedy to do that? Been a lot

2 hours ago, hog_heaven said:

They hung in there well tho. I didn't think they would get smoked show but if it happened it wouldn't surprised me. 

SEC currently 22-2.. Need a good OOC showing for the committee. (Thanks for nothing Vandy)

Kansas was missing a starter.

Was driving some fancy car when he got into a fender bender and the school is "looking into it" haha

2 hours ago, bbqit said:

And how many 20 win years did it take Kennedy to do that? Been a lot

A few years back I wanted him gone but he's won me over. Especially with the FBI snooping around. 

Cats D was a little better than I thought it would be. They forced a lot of bad shots.... but then they didn't rebound. Kansas had way too many second chance points. That was the difference in the game, I think. Our length will bother a whole bunch of teams. If they can get better in the half court offense, this team will be pretty hard to handle.

Still, a lot of work to do. The ceiling is pretty stinkin' high, though.

SKJ gave good minutes, after being buried on the bench last season. I was happy for him, btw.

1 hour ago, The Architect said:

Cats D was a little better than I thought it would be. They forced a lot of bad shots.... but then they didn't rebound. Kansas had way too many second chance points. That was the difference in the game, I think. Our length will bother a whole bunch of teams. If they can get better in the half court offense, this team will be pretty hard to handle.

Still, a lot of work to do. The ceiling is pretty stinkin' high, though.

SKJ gave good minutes, after being buried on the bench last season. I was happy for him, btw.

I really thought neither team looked that good.

Both took way too many questionable shots and everyone seemed to have a half second of hesitation at all times.

Pretty sure both of these teams are a lot better than what they showed yesterday.

6 minutes ago, JoeGator said:

I really thought neither team looked that good.

Both took way too many questionable shots and everyone seemed to have a half second of hesitation at all times.

Pretty sure both of these teams are a lot better than what they showed yesterday.

OMG, I just agreed with Joe!

But.... that's a fair assessment.