Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacobp

Reported: Jeff Long Out

76 posts in this topic

Being reported this morning that according to sources Jeff Long is out as AD. No word yet if he was fired or is taking another job. 

I think its a huge mistake 

Wow.

Why would he get fired?

I do think that some of the Olympic sports could be better at Arkansas.

Went from head of the playoff committee to fired in two years. You aren't allowed a bad football hire anymore. AD goes with the coach

Oh man this would be a horrible mistake on Arky's part if they're firing him. 

WOW!!! He had resign. No way the university fires him. 

Rumors anywhere from taking a job at NCAA, Nebraska, to being fired. Huge mistake 

There's been rumors of him being fired for a month now

Well, if new AD wants to hire "his own guy" this could be a long few years for Ark football. 

Just hope the FNG is smart enough to leave Baseball/Track/Basketball TF alone. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

There's been rumors of him being fired for a month now

Eh, I’d call it wishful thinking by the mouth breathers in our fan base more than actual rumors. 

Long getting fired and Ross Bjork still having a job in a P5 conference will be beyond my understanding 

10 minutes ago, razorhead said:

Long was OK. Bielema has to go

This. I really hope Long just left. I hope they weren't fucking retarded enough to fire him.

15 minutes ago, jacobp said:

Eh, I’d call it wishful thinking by the mouth breathers in our fan base more than actual rumors. 

Long getting fired and Ross Bjork still having a job in a P5 conference will be beyond my understanding 

Lol. Bjork is on thin ice. Most of our problems existed before he got there and he was fired after Freeze. He's done a phenomenal job with the smaller sports and fundraising

Rumor is he arrived for a board of trustees meeting but was not allowed inside. Both sides said fuck you 

It’s going to go back to boosters and the “good ol boy” network being in charge again at the U of A. And that wasn’t a good thing 

3 minutes ago, jacobp said:

It’s going to go back to boosters and the “good ol boy” network being in charge again at the U of A. And that wasn’t a good thing 

It's not. But if he refused to fire Bert then what did he expect to happen

22 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

Lol. Bjork is on thin ice. Most of our problems existed before he got there and he was fired after Freeze. He's done a phenomenal job with the smaller sports and fundraising

If sanctions don’t come down this weekend, it’ll be after EB. Which it likely will anyway. And that ain’t good for OM. 

1 minute ago, 1dawgfan09 said:

If sanctions don’t come down this weekend, it’ll be after EB. Which it likely will anyway. And that ain’t good for OM. 

Between the NCAA leaks before signing day and waiting till after the season to hand sanctions they've really handed us quite a lot of "extra" sanctions. But at this point I'm not really sure it will make that much of a difference. 

Rumor is that that game will be bitter enough without the added sanctions on top of it. 

All this does is confirm that Bret’s gone. Which kinda sucks cause we’ve pretty much dominated him. 

15 minutes ago, 1dawgfan09 said:

Rumor is that that game will be bitter enough without the added sanctions on top of it. 

That's bullshit. If they wait it's to delay our coaching search and damage what little bit of an early signing period we had. It's personal. That propaganda is media fed bs

35 minutes ago, GoldenRebel said:

That's bullshit. If they wait it's to delay our coaching search and damage what little bit of an early signing period we had. It's personal. That propaganda is media fed bs

Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. 

1 hour ago, 1dawgfan09 said:

All this does is confirm that Bret’s gone. Which kinda sucks cause we’ve pretty much dominated him. 

You're pretty much guaranteed to dominate the new guy for at least two years depending on turn around time. 

3 minutes ago, hog_heaven said:

You're pretty much guaranteed to dominate the new guy for at least two years depending on turn around time. 

I dunno. Richt made a nc team in his second year. No need to investigate that. It’s richt and Miami.